Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Times have changed. 2 BCS bowls and 5 losses to SCar in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,791

Times have changed. 2 BCS bowls and 5 losses to SCar in the

Dec 8, 2013, 10:21 AM

last 5 years. 3 straight 10+ win seasons and an ACC Championship. Crazy times for Clemson football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, but, but

Dec 8, 2013, 10:32 AM

the ACC sucks nowadays. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

As a Gamecock, I'm excited that FSU is back

Dec 8, 2013, 10:38 AM

so I guess technically that means the ACC is back to where it was in the 90s.

So, you're admitting that USuC has peaked, and you're

Dec 8, 2013, 10:40 AM

ready to start living vicariously through FSU?

Re: As a Gamecock, I'm excited that FSU is back

Dec 8, 2013, 10:46 AM [ in reply to As a Gamecock, I'm excited that FSU is back ]

I know you're trolling, but as a Clemson fan/alum I'm actually glad too.

I think Clemson is setup to continue being a nationally relevant program. Annual clashes that bring national attention with FSU is good for us IMO. I would argue the same for the rivalry game with FSU.

Gamecock opinions of the man aside, Dabo Swinney is fiercely competitive and has a deep desire to win. I believe he and our administration will do whatever necessary to keep Clemson in position to compete with FSU and USC. Spare me the 5 straight talk...hats off to the Gamecocks for those wins, they were earned...but we will get our W's over them if we stay at the level we are at.

Rising tides raise all ships. I believe Clemson will do whatever necessary to keep pace, as best we can, with FSU. Therefore, we'll be looking at a lot of good football teams in the future wearing orange.

Just how I see it.

Re: As a Gamecock, I'm excited that FSU is back

Dec 8, 2013, 10:50 AM

Meant to say same for the rivalry game w/ USC.

As a Gamecock

Dec 8, 2013, 10:48 AM

Just curious here ( not much experience as you can see) but what win(s) would you consider the signature wins of the Spurrier era at SoCar? Let's say pick 3-5 by team/year

Re: As a Gamecock

Dec 8, 2013, 11:26 AM

in no order
#1 AL, #5 UGA, FL to win the East, #5 Missouri, bowl wins to get 11 wins.
His record vs CU, UGA, TN, FL, especially during the past several years has Gamecocks EXPECTING to win.

Worst losses au in 11, tn, ky, au in sec championship

Re:Re: As a Gamecock...

Dec 8, 2013, 11:55 AM

So you concede that 5 wins against a team from the "weak ACC" are a part of Spurrier's best efforts at SoCar

'nuff said. Run along back to FGF now

Re:Re: As a Gamecock...

Dec 8, 2013, 1:10 PM

Concede 5 wins from the ACC....no, 5 wins over Clemson....that's rivalry wins. None of the rest are ACC. See it for what it is instead of what you try to make it.

Re: Times have changed. 2 BCS bowls and 5 losses to SCar in the

Dec 8, 2013, 1:33 PM

I think one could say 5 wins over some of the best teams in clemson's history would give them a pretty good claim.

This wasn't 1-21 coot teams meaning nothing to Clemson's strength of schedule or even offering competitive games. These are ACC champ teams top 15 Clemson teams. Anyone with a pulse that isn't orange tinted understands the juvenile "look at what bowl game we go to don't you wish you could go" etc are really looking silly

They beat Clemson by double digits. That is plenty for them to sleep at night. They couldn't go to sec champ game but beat Clemson. A season ending loss to TN is probably what bothers them more than a cotton or citrus bowl invite.

Guys come on with the coot stuff. Leave it alone, they came here last year and won and then when mine of us thought this year was possible, they did it again. They got us, end of story. Beat thing is to win the bowl game and prepare for next year. Please, if I see another post about obj get a coot good ask them how it feels to never have made it to a bcs bowl??? Yea, I'll try that one at work tomorrow. You know what moron, they would slap me silly with a few simple words. No I don't know what it's like to go to a bcs bowl. Please tell me about your 1 and only experience with the bcs.

Knuckleheads

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monroe/As a Gamecock

Dec 8, 2013, 6:04 PM

Review your basics in reading comprehension. It's not "5 wins from the ACC," it's "5 wins over a team from the weak ACC" which, in the context of ReallyJoelShaw's post (and context IS important in reading comprehension, would of course mean Clemson, an ACC team. So, facts being established, the only question now is what is YOUR opinion of the ACC as a football conference.

Bear in mind that there are 4 ACC teams in the top 25 (5 if you count Louisville) and second to the SEC with 5 (if u count Mizzou and aTm).

^^^Monroenc^^^

Dec 8, 2013, 6:07 PM

My bad that wud be 7 top 25 teams from SEC to 4-5 from ACC

Nobody called Clemson weak

Dec 8, 2013, 6:15 PM

But everyone calls the acc weak outside of Clemson and FSU. I mean that's a literal fact... Far more weak teams in that conference than in any others. Clemson and FSU are the only reason it's relevant.

Re: Times have changed. 2 BCS bowls and 5 losses to SCar in the

Dec 8, 2013, 6:18 PM

$ucks to lose to unrank Tenn team !

and not get picked to play in the Cotton bowl over Missouri !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody called

Dec 8, 2013, 8:31 PM

>"...everyone calls the ACC weak"
>"... that's a literal fact"

Rule One in debating, jmj212: avoid the use of absolutes. That said, the ACC has 4 teams ranked in the USA Coaches Poll Top 25 (5 if you count Louisville) which os same as Pac12 and second only to SEC with 7 (yes we do agree it is the strongest in CFB), Big10 and Big 12 with 3 each. If a goal of any CFB team is to be ranked in the Top 25 at season's end, how is it the ACC is a "weak conference"?

Or is it simply a SEC homer's opinion that ALL the other conferences are weak as well?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,791
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic