Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
U of SCAR's most horrific athletic mistakes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

U of SCAR's most horrific athletic mistakes

Mar 11, 2019, 7:51 AM

On the way to work this morning, my mind raced through several mistakes the U of SCAR's athletic department administrations have made which have produced the putrid mess in which the U of SCAR athletic program finds itself. Some of my favorite ones were:
1. In 1900, getting rid of the moniker "Jaguar" and replacing it with a male chicken. Who would do that?
2. In 1895, adopting the color black based on a banner a local doctor gave to the team. What a down and depressing color for a uniform!
3. In 1971, dropping out of the ACC because the academic requirements were too high for them. In retrospect, that has not worked out very well!
4. In 1975, with 48 seconds and with a 4th and 19 on the Clemson 19, the U of SCAR called a pass play into the end zone to humiliate the visiting Tiger team by 36 points. That one play likely did more to re invigorate the Clemson program than any comment or win or loss ever in the history of our program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#4.......***

Mar 11, 2019, 8:01 AM

Sounds about right..

Mar 11, 2019, 8:02 AM

but there are 50 more stupid or evil things they've done to themselves or to us, but let’s be champions & let it Go & have a super fine & happy National Championship day.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#5 (Appropriately) Five-bombing Dabo's wife***

Mar 11, 2019, 8:03 AM

Re: #5 (Appropriately) Five-bombing Dabo's wife***

Mar 11, 2019, 8:28 AM

Yeah, that’s worked out real well for them. After that, their worst nightmare has come true- twice!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, you got that backwards

Mar 11, 2019, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#6. Chump making a joke about Kathleen Swinney

Mar 11, 2019, 9:32 AM

I predict Dabo will continue to beat that @$$ and run up scores for as long as chump is there.

Re: #6. Chump making a joke about Kathleen Swinney

Mar 11, 2019, 11:17 AM

The Dabo/Spurrier relationship was always very respectful, even when heated at times. You could understand that Spurrier was only coaching the coots to rub it in to Tennessee.

However, I think the constant bad behavior by coots to Dabo has made him decide to rub it in as much as he can. Dabo was always (appearances) a kind sport about it, but now, well there isn't much mercy to keep it under 50.

Re: U of SCAR's most horrific athletic mistakes

Mar 11, 2019, 9:41 AM

#4...................and they called a timeout to get the play off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 9:55 AM

I'm surprised there are no votes for making a baseball coach the AD

/\ /\ Winner!***

Mar 11, 2019, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Mar 11, 2019, 9:59 AM

There is only one mistake......

1892 - South Carolina fields its first football team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 10:12 AM

Mid 1980's - Early 1990's: Being the sports program that is solely responsible for causing the 20 year long steroids epidemic that ruined the lives and careers of thousands of people.

...and STILL not being able to win a national championship or SEC championship despite being more juiced up than Barry Bonds.

Mar 11, 2019, 10:21 AM

Putting Todd Ellis in the booth. What a drop-off from Bob Fulton.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 10:33 AM

I respectfully disagree.

There is not a more descriptive voice for fan base than Todd's.

His voice somehow manages to wrap: trailer park, fast food employee, porta-john $ex, and dumpster fires into one sound.

E-harmony is jealous of the match.

Mar 11, 2019, 10:30 AM

#1 Mistake = trying to stop the establishment of a high seminary of learning now known as CLEMSON UNIVERSITY.

This dastardly act lead to .... >>>>> CHICKEN CURSE <<<<<

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 11:02 AM

1. Hiring Ray Tanner as AD

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic