Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Think The ROCK needs to be hidden until game events since
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 756

Think The ROCK needs to be hidden until game events since

Jun 14, 2013, 11:39 AM

leaving it out there now in the open 24/7 is asking for trouble (and so close to road too)..and "if" there's a next time it may be taken completely..and it's over for Howard's ROCK.

Let's be reasonable...or at least put out a replica of it on the stand, except for game time. Remember, this ROCK & The HILL and The PAW are our most identifiable trademarks in the college football scene.

What say you?!

gOtiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No then the terrorists win

Jun 14, 2013, 11:40 AM

Shouldn't the ROTC guys be used to defend it 24 hours a day?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROTC 24/7?! Wow, in the 50's this would be ideal but NO now

Jun 14, 2013, 11:43 AM

gOtiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Set up a keg next to the rock and hire me

Jun 14, 2013, 11:44 AM

Say like 20k a year, a tent and all the beer a can drink. It's a small price to pay.

PRICELESS offer "drewtigeralum03". R U out of work?!!!

Jun 14, 2013, 11:48 AM

Haaaa...loved it. A point too!

I'm employed, but I'm willing to sacrifice for the cause

Jun 14, 2013, 11:50 AM

Plus I can probably do most of my work drunk and on a laptop.

Beer, laptop, DV, HILL....count me in & let's split the $20K

Jun 14, 2013, 11:52 AM

Haaaaaaa! gOtiGERs!

Who do we need to contact about this?***

Jun 14, 2013, 11:58 AM

Detachable pedestal and taken down everyday just like flags.***

Jun 14, 2013, 11:54 AM

Detachable pedestal and taken down everyday just like flags.***

Jun 14, 2013, 11:58 AM

Dang..wish I was smart as you "gripitnripit:" or an engineer

Jun 14, 2013, 12:01 PM

Haaaa! Good post & idea. gOtiGERs!

Just Do This -------

Jun 14, 2013, 1:11 PM

Somebody might drop it if the pedestal is detachable. Just put some laser sensors or a small electrified fence around the pedestal and rock. It can be activated by remote control.

No win situation

Jun 14, 2013, 1:13 PM

You either have to do that which takes it away from being accessible to everyone. I took my daughter up to Clemson before Christmas when visiting my parents when she was two and we went by the stadium and peered through the gates at the rock. Proud moment. Not possible if it was hidden.

I had thought about them making a retractable pedestal that retracts into a vault in the ground at night. This would protect it and keep it from having to be moved.

Other would be to have a guard there 24/7 but that obviously costs money as well.

I think a video camera would be nice but I don't think it would prevent it from happening. Someone who wanted to commit such an act wouldn't let that stop them. They would simply cover their faces. It would have to be a security camera that was being monitored and at that point, may as well have a guard there.

Maybe it's a combination of all of these. Security camera, along with a guard who guards it during the day and then the rock retracts down into a vault at night. Anyone who wants to visit the rock would just have to visit during certain hours. Maybe if you had a guard and visiting hours, you could even make the rock more accessible to guests and fans during the day.

Replies: 12
| visibility 756
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic