Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Like it or not, the SEC has won 7 NC in a row. Didn't you..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Like it or not, the SEC has won 7 NC in a row. Didn't you..

Feb 4, 2013, 8:54 PM

guys think that would affect our recruiting? Of course a kid is gonna look at that. Just have to take a breath and hope this all blows over in a couple years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that or we can rid tnet of folks stupid enough to...

Feb 4, 2013, 9:10 PM

start a thread with a subject line like you just did.

What's your deal? You are turning tnet into an advertisement for the SECheat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is it stupid?***

Feb 4, 2013, 9:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was such a startling subject line it just took us back

Feb 5, 2013, 2:09 PM

a little bit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like it or not, the SEC has won 7 NC in a row. Didn't you..

Feb 4, 2013, 9:14 PM

I'm sorry, I must have missed this SEC school on the recruits list of schools. How are their academics advisors? Facilities? Quality of life, etc?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check the quotes from Adams about the SEC, Lawson's father..

Feb 4, 2013, 9:18 PM

and Blazevich, etc. Like it or not, it is an issue.

why dont you post Adams' quotes instead of hoping there is 1***

Feb 5, 2013, 10:44 AM

Must still be checking for one. Hold on.***

Feb 5, 2013, 2:11 PM

Coot

Feb 4, 2013, 9:20 PM

How dare you state the obvious!

Alabama has won 3 of 4, most of sec is riding coattails***

Feb 4, 2013, 9:43 PM

+1

Feb 4, 2013, 9:46 PM

Over 3/4 of the SEC has done NOTHING meanwhile they reap the benefits of Alabama's, LSU's and Florida's recent success on the field. Not to mention ESPN in their back pocket.

Re: +1

Feb 4, 2013, 10:19 PM

If you think it's all Alabama, I guess you did'nt bother to check the final top 15.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you have never noticed the promotion the SEC gets...

Feb 4, 2013, 10:23 PM

from ESPN, the driving force behind every big sports story. If you don't think ESPN doesn't effect the opinions of voters, then I have a piece of land by Finlay Park in Cootlumbia where you won't ever see a homeless person.

Saban signed the players that did the heavy lifting for 5 of

Feb 5, 2013, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Alabama has won 3 of 4, most of sec is riding coattails*** ]

the SEC's last 8 National Champions...Truthfully, credit goes to him...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and a system designed by the SEC that guarantees an SEC...

Feb 5, 2013, 1:25 AM

team gets into the national title game. Seriously take your SEC love to an SEC team's board. Clemson fans don't care for it. We beat one of the SEC's best in LSU. Deal with it, the SEC is good but they are far from what they are made out to be. And their so called dominance is coming to an end once money starts pouring into all the realigned conferences and the SEC won't be able to out pay other schools for coaches. Even their rigged system won't save them.

Wow...Take off the tinfoil hat and quit projecting your BS

Feb 5, 2013, 1:33 AM

on me...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha tinfoil hat. Exactly how I imagine him.***

Feb 5, 2013, 6:38 AM

if thats a tin foil hat then the SEC is the man behind the

Feb 5, 2013, 10:47 AM

curtain who has fooled half of Oz and created by the SEC president

Quit acting like we don't know one of those championships...

Feb 4, 2013, 10:21 PM

was bought and paid for by Auburn. Also, in 2 of those championship games Florida and LSU got a break in playing a slow Ohio State team vs. a fast and very good defense in the USC Trojans. This season, Bama wasn't even the best team in their conference, aTm was. No SEC team was playing better than aTm did in the 2nd half of the 2012 season.

One last thing to remember, none of those championships were won in a playoff system. They were won in the BCS system, which was setup by the SEC. And the BCS has a history of getting SEC teams favorable match ups in the national title game.

It really is one big conspiracy to you isn't it?!

Feb 4, 2013, 10:31 PM

So now, not only does ESPN somehow pull strings to get SEC teams into the national championship game, they also work some magic to pick the opponent as well, giving them a favorable matchup?! Unreal.

Last year, it was all set up for Oklahoma State to play in the national championship game. Then they lost to Iowa State. ESPN did not play in that game.

This year, all of the SEC was outside looking in until Oregon and Kansas State went and lost their games at the end of the season. Again, no ESPN analysts were wearing pads that day.

Does ESPN play up the SEC? Sure. Is it deserved? Maybe so, maybe not, I am not going to pretend to know.

What I do know is you are taking this conspiracy theory of yours to a ridiculous level.

And Bama lost to LSU, but ESPN got the rematch….

Feb 5, 2013, 1:11 AM

guaranteeing an SEC national title. Sorry but if you wanna say OSU, lost it's chance, then Bama did too. Also, that game was on a Friday night the same week that members of their Women's Basketball staff died, which was similar to their Men's Basketball team crash a few years back. Failed to mention those facts.

Stanford or OSU, would have torched Bama last year.

What I do know is you're a coot and you get ignored in...

Feb 5, 2013, 1:12 AM [ in reply to It really is one big conspiracy to you isn't it?! ]

look at last years polls and check out how far an sec team

Feb 5, 2013, 2:03 AM [ in reply to It really is one big conspiracy to you isn't it?! ]

falls after a loss vs. any other team after a loss, and you can see exactly what the poster was talking about.as it is right now, the system is weighted to favor the sec. look at the past few seasons bowl match-ups and tell me that the sec doesn't have an easy road to success.

Look at who Bama played last year. They MAY have been the

Feb 5, 2013, 2:15 AM

best, but they certainly weren't that dominant against real competition. It's the preseason starting points that skew the entire season by keeping it a SEC love fest with ESPiN pushing the agenda.

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year's example says it ALL

Feb 5, 2013, 2:40 AM

Bama lost to lSU at HOME. let me repeat that...AT HOME. Why would we need to see a repeat game? I don't mean to be condescending (we do have an abundance of coots in the house) why do we need to have a REPEAT game?
I was a CLEAR example of people throwing weight around to get what they thought would get ratings NOT the pecking order champ.

I'm not going to argue about the SEC being overrated...

Feb 5, 2013, 6:24 AM

That's a rabbit hole I don't want to go down, but I just think it's absurd to believe that ESPN is somehow pulling strings to get favorable opponents for SEC teams that are in the championship game. That's taking delusion to a whole new level.

Re: I'm not going to argue about the SEC being overrated...

Feb 5, 2013, 10:18 AM

How is it that the SEC is not really that good in posts on this board but Dabo tells recruits that Clemson is really an SEC team? He must think they are to make that statement.

Tell 'em coot

Feb 5, 2013, 10:23 AM

Always funny when coots reply to coots.

Re: Tell 'em coot

Feb 5, 2013, 10:27 AM

Not a coot. I went to PC thank you!

Actually not a coot.

Feb 5, 2013, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Tell 'em coot ]

Just enjoy playing devil's advocate and giving you some perspective.

Funny though how if people here disagree with something you say you automatically can't be a Son of Clemson.

Tell 'em coot

Feb 5, 2013, 11:45 AM

Just enjoy playing devil's advocate and giving you some perspective.

Funny though how if people here disagree with something you say you automatically can't be a Son of Clemson.

TRANSLATION

You are a spinning coot.

you are delusional..

Feb 5, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I'm not going to argue about the SEC being overrated... ]

if you do not think the biggest major network that covers college football doesnt have any pull on the polls and so forth then i dont know what to tell ya.

Advertising works...

Feb 5, 2013, 11:01 AM

And if you think for a second that ESPN does not bang the drum for their product LOUDEST you are a complete and utter fool. I don't know what color SEC glasses are but take the #### things off.

sorry dude I read your post and was agreeing with you***

Feb 5, 2013, 11:02 AM [ in reply to you are delusional.. ]

Kind of agree with you...

Feb 5, 2013, 11:38 AM

ESPN can definitely alter the perception of one conference versus another.

But to think they handpick the participant of the national championship is absurd.

No, thats taking denial to a whole new level on your part***

Feb 5, 2013, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I'm not going to argue about the SEC being overrated... ]

If you deny that then you are one DA***

Feb 5, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to It really is one big conspiracy to you isn't it?! ]

Hey Mike why dont you post on this thread the schedules

Feb 5, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to It really is one big conspiracy to you isn't it?! ]

and records of Oklahoma St. and Bama the year that the SEC and ESPN set up a rematch of LSU Bama for the NC...and dont forget to include how many top 25 teams each one defeated...lets see how you spin those facts

We always finish ahead of most SEC schools in recruiting so

Feb 5, 2013, 10:43 AM

it basically is a non-factor really...

Re: Like it or not, the SEC has won 7 NC in a row. Didn't you..

Feb 5, 2013, 10:47 AM

Actually, a few good teams that happen play to in the sec won them. Just being in the sec does not make you a winner.

True...just look at SCar, Ole Miss, Kent, Miss St, Mizz, Aub

Feb 5, 2013, 10:56 AM

and Vandy

of course they are***

Feb 5, 2013, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn, Bama, Florida and LSU

Feb 5, 2013, 12:00 PM

won those championships. Ole Miss, Mississippi State, TAMU, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky, Sakerlina, & Georgia haven't won anything in the last 7 years.

Additionally, Auburn fell off a cliff after winning their 1 title, and the man who helped Florida win their championships is coaching in the B1G now.

Alabama and LSU are the only teams who have a real advantage in terms of prominence and championships, and Clemson beat LSU on the field on December 31st.

The true advantage these teams have is cash and TV exposure. They can afford whatever facilities and coaches they want and are guaranteed to be hyped on ESPN because the four letter network wants its investment to pay off.

Re: Auburn, Bama, Florida and LSU

Feb 5, 2013, 1:59 PM

While you are reeling off the names of the teams that have won the last 7 championships as if, Oh well these are the teams and most of them aren't very good, you fail to mention that it means no other conference period has won any. So what is your argument, Is it pride or just something that want let you say what everyone else already knows. The SEC is the best conference in college football right now bar none. It wasn't hard not to many years ago for everyone to agree that the ACC was the best basketball conference in America.

It's simple, TEAMS win championships, NOT CONFERENCES.

Feb 5, 2013, 2:04 PM

I don't think I can say it any simpler.

Exactly

Feb 5, 2013, 2:21 PM

the SEC hasn't won a single championship, ever. 4 different Schools FROM the SEC have won the last 7 championships.

The point is that 10 of the 14 SEC schools have just as many titles in the last 7 years as the teams from the ACC, Big12, B1G, Big East, etc.

Meh. Believe what you want.

Feb 5, 2013, 12:08 PM

Not gonna lose sleep over it, its a lousy internet message board after all. If you don't wanna read what I write just put me on ignore.

No...Bama, LSU, Auburn and Florida have...the rest sux***

Feb 5, 2013, 2:01 PM

The SEC hasn't won 7 in a row

Feb 5, 2013, 2:11 PM

Alabama has won 3, Florida has won 2, Allbarn has won 1, LSWho has won 1

Kentucky, UGA, Vandy, SC, Miss St, Olll Miss, Arky, TAM, Mizzou, and Tenn haven't

These kids need to learn that they will be playing for a TEAM next year...not a CONFERENCE

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic