Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All Celebration aside can we talk about how bad the refs were
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

All Celebration aside can we talk about how bad the refs were

Jan 10, 2017, 9:15 AM

For both teams
For Clemson there were the two obvious pick plays (can't deny that)
But for Alabama two targeting calls a PI late in the game. Plus ruining all of clemsons momentum with useless reviews

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All Celebration aside can we talk about how bad the refs were

Jan 10, 2017, 9:16 AM

Honestly I didn't see any real missed calls against us. Maybe it was the alcohol

but Alabama could have been called for targeting twice and Holding on their first 2 TD runs.

Tell it to that dude's face though

Jan 10, 2017, 9:17 AM

lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

They definitely let the teams play, and I think they did so for both

Jan 10, 2017, 9:18 AM

sides.

The only thing that I have a problem with is the lack of targeting calls early. I feel like our players have been tossed for way worse, and it was so early in the game I think as a ref you need to stamp it out immediately. Otherwise, aside from my obvious fan bias, I thought they were fine.

null

Our players have been tossed for way LESS, not way WORSE.***

Jan 10, 2017, 9:19 AM

null

I get why the Williams hit was not Targetting

Jan 10, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to They definitely let the teams play, and I think they did so for both ]

He arguably wasn't defenseless at that point and the defender managed to turn his head at the last second so as to not hit with the crown of his helmet.

However both of the killshots on Watson should've been flagged. The first was textbook targeting. It was, without a doubt, forceable contact to the head and neck area of a, by rule, defenseless player. And the second is the very definition of spearing. Dude launched his helmet directly into Watson's helmet.

Those were blown calls for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First of all they were not obvious pick plays.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:20 AM

On William's TD, Leggett goes down turns around and puts his hands up as though running a curl route. Not his fault he's 250 plus and hard to run around.

On Renfrow's TD, both Tae and the Bama DB engage each other, They grab each other. Could have been called a hold on Bama. Was a good no call, IMHO. Targeting, until someone defines what it really is and is not there will continue to be debate everytime it is or is not called. The PI against William's I agree was a miss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes they were bad

Jan 10, 2017, 9:20 AM

But, I was talking to my wife this morning and thinking about the calls I was complaining about, and it dawned on me that they were consistent in how they called the game.

They let them play (too much for my taste as some of those hits were textbook targeting), but they also didn't call much ticky tack stuff the other way either.

And to be clear neither of the "pick" plays should've been called. The first Leggett squared up to receive a pass, that is the step you have to do to not get called. You have to make it LOOK like you are in a route and he did that perfectly. And the second, if you o back and watch it, (and we all will a million times :) ) Scott might have gotten away with it until the defender put two arms on his back and pulled him down. At that point you can't call it either way. Those were good no calls (as were the no calls on Bama's DB's that looked a bit like PI, but they were letting them play).

All in all I thought they let both teams hold and wrestle and hit a bit beyond the border, but at least it was both ways.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 9:26 AM

As much as I wanted them to call a targeting penalty, they let both sides play football.

it was one-sided early but evened up as the game went along.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:34 AM

Boulware had a hit that could have been called targeting as well that they let go.

They were ok in the end I think, but will rewatch

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: it was one-sided early but evened up as the game went along.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:38 AM

Sorry, NO PICKS. Well designed plays. This BS isn't ruining my day or celebration.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't complain because they were pretty consistent on the no

Jan 10, 2017, 9:36 AM

calls for both teams.

The thing I hated was the buzzdowns that essentially gave bama breathers/timeouts when we were driving and in tempo.

that definitely made the blood boil.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

No teams like refs. Seriously... time to let it go.***

Jan 10, 2017, 9:36 AM

Jan 10, 2017, 9:37 AM

reviewing obvious stuff annoyed me. the NCAA is looking at game length and will make some stupid adjustments to accomadate more and worse officiating

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic