Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Know Any Thetas???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Know Any Thetas???

Nov 15, 2018, 3:52 PM

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2018/11/15/kappa-alpha-theta-clemson-chapter-delta-phi/2011585002/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have 1 Theta in our town. Has 5 screens. Shows decent

Nov 15, 2018, 3:58 PM

movies, has great popcorn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That seems really dumb

Nov 15, 2018, 4:05 PM

I guess size does matter

Only when it lacks money.***

Nov 15, 2018, 5:17 PM

Re: Know Any Thetas???

Nov 15, 2018, 5:00 PM

"Wushinske wrote that it was not a "punitive measure" and that the sisterhood ran deeper than the college experience." If it's not punitive, then what is it? My guess is Wushinske's office isn't making money off a small chapter.

Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the -ing Peace Corps.

My daughter, but she's already graduated.***

Nov 15, 2018, 5:07 PM

Nov 15, 2018, 7:06 PM

I poked one, but just one. ADP was more funner in the day. :)

Nov 15, 2018, 9:43 PM

ADPs were easy on the eyes. Very nice elbows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 15, 2018, 10:33 PM

We called them AD hair pies. Back in the day. I know! They are someone’s daughter!! “Friendly girls”

No, only familiar

Nov 15, 2018, 7:15 PM

I Felta Thigh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, only familiar

Nov 15, 2018, 9:41 PM

No date by 8? Tri Delta.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 15, 2018, 8:22 PM

Harsh way to do it. Seems like they could have allowed the freshmen class to be the last and just have it wind up when they graduate. Pulls the rug out from under a lot of commitment and friends with little or no warning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 11:06 PM

They were a small chapter because no one wanted to be in it. They didn’t 15 years ago and they don’t now. Just being honest. It’s not because the appreciates “ smaller sisterhood”

117 members is too small to function as a sorority?

Nov 15, 2018, 11:40 PM

I clearly lack the understanding of what it takes to be a good college student these days. I thought the ability to actually know everyone in your organization was a good thing. 117 members sounds pretty big to me.

Re: 117 members is too small to function as a sorority?

Nov 16, 2018, 10:55 PM

Actually an even 100 sounds like a better number of members, but this is the era of participation trophies and letting everyone join everything. Maybe one of those women from National had a daughter who didn't get in?

Too small to send the home office the money they want.***

Nov 16, 2018, 10:58 PM [ in reply to 117 members is too small to function as a sorority? ]

Nov 17, 2018, 6:57 AM

I was I KA back in the 70’s and we had about 50 members. I think most if not all fraternities at Clemson today have less than 117 members. So how can fraternities function with smaller membership where sororities can’t? I call BS on Theta National.

Is there a way for these girls to form a local sorority and remain intact? In the early 70’s all Clemson had we’re local fraternities, nothing national until then.

Speaking from experience you do not join a Greek club because of its affiliation. You join because you like and fit in with the people in that club. I think it makes little difference if Theta National pulls their charter IF the girls can figure out a way to survive under another local or national sorority.
They will figure it out

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic