Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No one should be calling for Dabo's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,245

No one should be calling for Dabo's

Sep 23, 2012, 1:32 AM

or anyone else's head, but that does not mean that we should not question what the heck is wrong with our defense. It's brutal! And, unless we see improvement by the end of the year, then yes, it's fair to question Venables.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's wrong with our defense?

Sep 23, 2012, 1:37 AM

It's called freshmen and sophomores. Beyond the front 7, our DBs just aren't good.

We got smacked around by a team with a lot more depth and experience at their house.

Are there really people calling for Dabo's head?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on if you consider Lowcountry a person***

Sep 23, 2012, 1:39 AM

Our D is young!

Sep 23, 2012, 1:40 AM [ in reply to what's wrong with our defense? ]

Its because of defense is young, folks. Why can't you people understnd that. You would think everyone would know that by now since they have been young for several years now.

okay then, they aren't young...

Sep 23, 2012, 1:42 AM

look at the roster

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: okay then, they aren't young...

Sep 23, 2012, 3:41 AM

there is only three seniors on that defense.. Goodman, Brewer and i think Williard.. that dline is full of sophomores and freshmen. linebackers are young Steward and Anthony sophomores blanks Freshman not enough experience..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really like your posts tejada. Finally somebody bringing

Sep 23, 2012, 1:42 AM

some facts into the argument. People should constantly question everything. I think it is too early to dismiss BV's coaching; however, we must see an improvement as the year progresses. That doesn't mean we have to have Bama's D by the end of the year but I want to see some development.

Thanks Pride. Exactly, we don't need to see a Bama D

Sep 23, 2012, 1:45 AM

but goodness, give us something more than what we have seen the last two years. Other than two great games v. Va Tech, let's face it, a limited offense, our D has been downright brutal. Not good, not mediocre, not even below average...terrible. We have the right to question the improvement and, if we don't see any, we have the right to question our $800,000+ a year D coordinator.

Facts ...

Sep 23, 2012, 4:10 AM [ in reply to I really like your posts tejada. Finally somebody bringing ]

1. TB's last full season 9-4, last year 10-4
2. 6 of last 7 recruiting classes in the top 15
3. 19-12 last 31 games
4. 5-5 last 10 with all 5 loses beat downs
5. 1-3 vs. usc
6. 1-3 in bowl games
7. NO wins over teams that finished the season ranked in the top 20
8. NO finishes in the top 20 under Dabo
9. The ACC SUCKS!!!!
10. Major coaching changes 2 out of 1st 3 seasons under Dabo

You are so bad with facts

Sep 23, 2012, 4:18 AM

#4 is an OPINION on beatdowns. I certainly don't think we were beatdown tonight. #9 Is also strictly your OPINION. If you don't know what facts are then stop trying to list them. Also, people judge polls by the top 25 now, not the top 20 and have so for decades. You're only trying to use that stat to spin something in your favor so stop it!

The kids we recruited are nothing but soft!

Sep 23, 2012, 3:06 AM

nm

Lets say we go 10-3 no div or ACC title, and lose to usc and

Sep 23, 2012, 4:04 AM

lose our bowl game. Dabo would be 1-4 vs usc and in bowl games.

Is Dabo's seat not hot going into 2013 with a loaded team if 2012 ends like above?

NO excuses in 2013. Morris' 3rd year, Venables' 2nd year, Boyd a SR, Sammy a JR, experience and depth at WR, OL, RB, and more depth and experience on D. And it will be year 5.5 for Dabo.

Do you not think 2013 will tell us if Dabo is truly a great coach or another TB? A nice guy that gets wins, but can't win the big ones and under achieves.

Re: No one should be calling for Dabo's

Sep 23, 2012, 4:29 AM

Posistion coaches need to be evaluated imo. Since Chris rumph left the dline hasnt been the same. BV is a solid coach but he needs to get his posistion coaches and we need some natural pass rushers. Nkemdiche, Adams, and the other dline on this class are must gets. I also noticed Clemson lbs avg 215-225 lbs which is rather small they are safety tweeners. Look at how big bama fsu lsu and any good defenses lbs are. Fsu's smallest lb was 235 lbs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,245
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic