Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No one should argue the fact
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

No one should argue the fact

Oct 6, 2019, 2:05 PM

That Alabama is an excellent college football team. They are loaded with talent at every position much as the Tigers are. Surely the media sees that thus far Bama has played a very,very weak schedule. They have given up more points in their first five games than the Tigers have playing a mild schedule as well. Yet these very average opponents aren’t considered when the ratings are made. It would be interesting to me to see the minutes played by their starting QB in these cupcake games. It’s all about the numbers and that probably isn’t a fair way to rate the various teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one should argue the fact

Oct 6, 2019, 3:49 PM

You are right,no one will argue that fact.
But the media is a different matter. Now, this is just my opinion, but the media that covers Bama is much like the media that covers the Democrats. They don't see the negative sides of the issue. They just see BAMA.

Oct 6, 2019, 5:04 PM

True. Some of the media can see no fault in this clown you elected’

Oct 6, 2019, 5:52 PM

Well, at the one I elected is not a liberal who was more of a joke as Sect. of State than the clown you said I elected. Of course, the Liberal Media never saw any fault with her, did they?

Oct 7, 2019, 5:52 AM [ in reply to Re: No one should argue the fact ]

You are exactly right leftie.......except there is no longer a Democratic Party........it has become the Liberal Party.........and the fake sports media people are some of the same fake political media people spreading that fake liberal news crap ........Go Tigers!!!!

Oct 7, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: No one should argue the fact ]

that this ia a FOOTBALL board, not a POLITICAL one. We have those and that is where this crap should be taken.

Oct 8, 2019, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: No one should argue the fact ]

LOL - "They don't see the negative sides of the issue." - I don't think they see the positive side of the issues either. They don't even know what the issues are, at least in AMERICA.

Oct 6, 2019, 5:10 PM

My opinion is that TODAY Bama is slightly better than us. We are younger but have a higher ceiling. When we meet, if Bama gets there, we will be the better team.

Oct 6, 2019, 6:07 PM

But style points count. So when you can crush a team, you must. You can't call the dogs off and coast into a win. The championship is setup to take into account how impressive the wins were.

Oct 6, 2019, 6:51 PM

WRONG!

This has been Dabo's coaching style since he's been in control. It seems to be working pretty well.

I'm proposing a few options to consider instead of bellyaching about the way Dabo runs this team.

* Have enough pull to get Dabo fired and the coach you want hired. Highly unlikely
* Have enough skill to coach a top 25 team your own way. Extremely unlikely
* Have enough gumption to start pulling for a team that plays the way you want. Very unlikely
* Have enough self respect to apologize for this thread and start pulling for the Tigers. Unlikely
since your job is to troll this site.

Can I get an AMEN?

Oct 6, 2019, 8:13 PM

I like Dabo. I think he is the best coach in football. That does not change the fact we lost a lot of players last year and development is a work in progress. That has nothing to do with Dabo. It is just the facts of how college football is. Players graduate. Players leave early and go pro.

Oct 7, 2019, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: No one should argue the fact ]
cfp.jpg(141.2 K)

Umm sorry but no, style points don't count with the committee. Their criteria explicitly states no incentive for margin of victory.

LSU and Bama and Georgia are great!

Oct 7, 2019, 3:55 PM

No one will argue these teams being good! But, as jscott224 said! Margin of victory isn't a factor or shouldn't be at least!

You may as well be back in the "voted on champion days" if we get back into that logic. Many schools including Pitt with 9 claim championships that were voted on. Do we really want to rely on eye test and perception again? Not me - I don't recognize all the ones Michigan and a few of the one's Ohio St. won not that they care. But, win it on the football field. Put yourself in position to be among the best and go prove it on the football field.

Bama did all the same things last year as I recall. They were calling them the greatest team ever because they were blowing out SEC competition. Nobody got within 29 p.p.g of them average before the championship game.

Did the prove it on the field against Clemson?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU and Bama and Georgia are great!

Oct 7, 2019, 6:40 PM

Margin of victory isn't considered, but they do look at game control. Let's say for example that two ranked teams played a common opponent. Let's say that both teams pull out to a 42-0 lead, and that one team ends up winning the game 49-14 while the other team wins it 63-7. The committee isn't going to look at that outcome and think that the second team won more impressively. The final margin of victory isn't important because both teams controlled the game throughout. This prevents the silly game of teams running up the score on teams late simply to gain style points.

That's why the committee would likely look at our game with A&M and not give a crap about A&M scoring a touchdown in the final seconds to make it a 14 point game. They'll care that we were in control of the game from the 2nd quarter on.

Obviously we didn't do a good job of game control against UNC since the game was very much up for grabs from start to the final minute.

Long story short, Dabo taking guys out early doesn't do anything to hurt us in the eyes of the committee because they're aware that we won those games easily, and that we were capable of winning by more had we chosen to.

Tua has taken 148 out of 170 total passing attempts

Oct 7, 2019, 6:23 AM

TL has taken 136 attempts out of 162. So it looks pretty even. Most of our second and third string pass attempts were against Charlotte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all are all missing the point here.

Oct 7, 2019, 7:45 AM

We didn't get dropped for not blowing teams out by as many points, we got dropped because we nearly lost to UNC. Show me a game where Alabama nearly lost. If we had beaten UNC by 14 but controlled the game the entire way we might still be #1. But that's not what happened. We were in a dogfight for 60 minutes, we never led until the 10 min mark of the 4th quarter and then we needed to stop a 2pt conv attempt to hold on at the end.

Re: Y'all are all missing the point here.

Oct 7, 2019, 8:05 AM

But we did! This week will tell us if UNC was a fluke. FSU is playing better and we'll see what we can do.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2019, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Y'all are all missing the point here. ]

^this.....UNC is not good. We should have dominated that game. I don't like that we have to ease into playing offense through half the season. We have alot players back. Just as many as bama and OK, and they look fine. I am also not in the "we aren't showing all of our cards", camp....as that's b.s. I hope we figure it out, as there are teams on our schedule better than UNC.

On the flip side, the defense has been a nice surprise....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that's the concerning thing about the offense

Oct 8, 2019, 8:25 AM

starting slowly. There was supposed to be a ton of continuity this year. We have 4 veteran OL and the only underclassman was a 5* recruit that everyone had been raving about. We returned supposedly the best QB prospect in the country, one of the best RBs in the country, and 2 of the best WRs in the country. We were basically breaking in 1 new OL, 1 slot receiver, and perhaps a backup RB. The coaching staff was 100% in tact once again.

There's really no reason this offense should need to start over and find their way again. The offense was supposed to dominate and allow the defense, that is definitely retooling this year, to slowly find their way and get better as the season progressed. But once again Venables and the defense are dominating and giving the offense time to slowly figure things out.

I guess we should just expect this every year. As long as this coaching staff is together we are always going to be a defensive team first led by the Venables and the offense will spit and sputter and sometimes look like a Ferrari at peak performance and sometimes look like an old 60s VW Beatle.

Oct 7, 2019, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Y'all are all missing the point here. ]

Exactly. We weren't even losing 1st place votes prior to the UNC game. Our starters played the entire game against UNC outside of normal rotations of course.

The way I see it, ranking us vs. Bama is like walking out to

Oct 7, 2019, 1:56 PM

your garage on a below freezing winter day.

You have the one car that, for as long as you can remember, starts up every time... you never have to jump it off, pump the gas, or have it misfiring and stumbling on your way to work.

Your other car was once a reliable car, but it sat for too long and the brother in law you loaned it to didn't take very good care of it. You've been slowly bringing it back to the shape it needs to be in - new battery, new plugs, new injectors, etc. and while you know that not too long ago it would let you down at the worst times it's been rock solid for the last year or two.

then one day you choose the second car and it cranks over just a little longer than it should, or it stumbles a little getting out of your neighborhood before getting you to work on time.

Which one is your #1 car? Which one do you take when your wife's in labor or you just got that booty call you've been waiting for?

Bama's going to continue to get benefit of any doubt and we have to continue to prove that we should too for the foreseeable future.

Re: The way I see it, ranking us vs. Bama is like walking out to

Oct 7, 2019, 6:31 PM

"That booty call I've been waiting for"?

Well, which one gets my motor running the best, of course!

Or do I go with the one with the bigger back seat? Hmmmm, choices....

Then again, I'm happily married, so if the car doesn't start, we just stay home. Again.

Oct 8, 2019, 8:34 AM

Bama jumping us afther a squeaker against N.C, I can live with! They are the only other team I respect. This garbage about Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma and whomever being on Clemson or Bama's level until proven otherwise is laughable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we beat UNC by 20 points and had the backups in at half..

Oct 8, 2019, 1:10 PM

...we're still #1. But we squeaked by and escaped with a win. BAMA has not had that slip up. The fact is they looked better and we dropped. We just need to win out and make our case in the playoffs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic