Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: The Weakest Link
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: The Weakest Link

Aug 1, 2013, 9:31 AM

The Weakest Link

The Weakest Link
The past two seasons Clemson's secondary has been the biggest weakness on this team. In 2011, the Tigers allow 218 yards per game through the air. That was an increase of 26 yards per game from the year before and 55 yards per game from 2009.

Last season that number inc

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez...

Aug 1, 2013, 9:38 AM

That didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the blog, and I agree with most of what was said, but..

Aug 1, 2013, 9:43 AM

PLEASE get this man a secretary or something to review his blog posts. I stopped counting grammatical errors at five, and this happens every time. I really hate to blast one of my favorite Clemson people, but it just looks bad, and non-Clemson people read this.

"...when the Wolfpack through for 429 yards." Come on, man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love the blog, and I agree with most of what was said, but..

Aug 1, 2013, 10:00 AM

spell check will never replace a proof reader. Problem is when you do your own proof-reading, your mind sees what you meant not what you typed.

Aug 2, 2013, 10:47 AM

Ohhhh a truthful statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2013, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Love the blog, and I agree with most of what was said, but.. ]

The truth is, if T-Net is gonna be The Clemson Website, as most of us wish, we need to have these reviewed by someone who can catch this kinda problem.

But hey, I trust the guys (writers) to state their opinion and not present opinion as fact. At lease we can believe what we read here.

While you've got a point I think I would have liked for your concerns to have been shared in a private communication such as a T-Mail rather than plastered on the forum.

Don't worry Mickey, we got your bak!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2013, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Love the blog, and I agree with most of what was said, but.. ]

Agree completely. I just stopped reading. The amount of obvious errors is ridiculous. If he can't read through his own blog one time, then I'm not going to read it either.

I agree. His blog represents Clemson University.

Aug 1, 2013, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Love the blog, and I agree with most of what was said, but.. ]

It should have correct spelling and grammar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: The Weakest Link

Aug 1, 2013, 10:17 AM

mickey did not major in English at Clemson but I wonder if he ever proof reads his articles. our secondary will be tested by the dogs and I think we have to be better than last year but this game will answer the question if we are good enough!

I think he spell checks it

Aug 1, 2013, 10:46 AM

But that doesn't catch any of the grammatical errors. This happens every single blog.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2013, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: The Weakest Link ]

UGA will have one of the better QBs and RBs as we will face this season. I think that we will face better defenses than what UGA will start the season with. I think that our D will be much of an improvement over last years. And if that comes to be true, we are in for a H&ll of a season. Gooooo Tigerssss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2013, 10:18 AM

New blood and new didication from old blood (especially from Blanks) means there is a chance we will significantly improve. And with the promise of a really improved D line, perhaps we have a good chance at providing more balance - meaning putting less pressure on the offense. In a number of games last year the key seemed to be for the offense to outscore the lack of defense ability to hold down yards and scoring. The offense is likely even better, so even a medium improvement from the secondary should help our chances everywhere.

Aug 1, 2013, 10:31 AM

Regardless of what some of these experts think, the simple FACT is ... Clemson had a ton of injuries to KEY players in the secondary and played almost the entire season with only six able bodied guys. Guys healing and the addition of coach Reed will solve a lot of the DB problems. IF the defensive ends can keep pressure on the QB's, Clemson will be much higher than 77th this season. The secondary doesn't concern me nearly as much as the return game. We were horrible at kick coverage last year and the return game was less than average. That MUST improve considerably this year.

Good point about injuries

Aug 1, 2013, 10:59 AM

The one that some people think will have a big comeback is Darius Robinson. But there is still a lot of new and reassigned talent in the secondary overall. Fingers crossed....

A strong pass rush will do wonders for a secondary

Aug 1, 2013, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: The Weakest Link ]

Less time for a qb to sit in the pocket means less time for a receiver to get to the point in the route where the ball is expected. Sometimes it's not fair to put all the blame on the secondary.

So, MP's blog is the weakest link?***

Aug 1, 2013, 11:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: So, MP's blog is the weakest link?***

Aug 1, 2013, 11:03 AM

Mickey might have taken writing lessons from Billy D'.

On second thought, Mickey writes much better than Billy D'.

Talk about embarrassing the university!

Harley

Aug 1, 2013, 11:51 AM

Travis Blanks not ever starting a game doesn't seem to be a big concern for me. He already proved he can play well and should be even better this year.

Aug 1, 2013, 3:41 PM [ in reply to So, MP's blog is the weakest link?*** ]

this made me laugh. MP is the worst. We deserve much better radio than we get on 104.9

No offense to those who think differently than me...

Aug 1, 2013, 3:28 PM

but THANK GOD those players are gone! They were absolutely clueless. Unfortunately, when Breeland was in there, he was terrible too! I just hope he's learned a lot in the offseason that he somehow could grasp last year. I don't understand how anyone can be worried over us losing those three specific starters in our pathetic secondary. Just about anyone else would be an improvement, in my opinion.

Breeland was our best cover corner

Aug 1, 2013, 4:21 PM

Robinson was the one that was very disappointing last year before his injury, hence him losing his starting job to Peters in the BC game. Still he has experience and reports are that he's upped his game what with the freshmen coming for his job. I still think having him, Jenkins, and Breeland back helps with depth and experience

I'll miss three people who left last year's team.***

Aug 1, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to No offense to those who think differently than me... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic