Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Pic: Clemson's Character Pyramid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,637

Recruit Update: Pic: Clemson's Character Pyramid

Jun 1, 2013, 9:19 PM

Pic: Clemson's Character Pyramid

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Pic: Clemson's Character Pyramid

Jun 1, 2013, 9:26 PM

I'd say that's pretty much a carbon copy of John Wooden's pyramid of success from the 1960's or 1970's? But hey, if you're gonna 'borrow', borrow from the best college coach in history, right? Regardless, this contains excellent thoughts and standards!

Best ever was was Danny Ford!***

Jun 1, 2013, 9:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, no he wasn't. I wish people would shut up about Ford.***

Jun 1, 2013, 9:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming you were not around during the Ford era/NC

Jun 1, 2013, 9:57 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Danny was a very good coach, no doubt.

Jun 1, 2013, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Best ever was was Danny Ford!*** ]

But are you really trying to say he's the best college football coach ever?

I'd think there are multiple coaches with more MNC's that could lay claim to that title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you trying to say

Jun 2, 2013, 9:49 AM

He was just a very good coach?

Anyone with any understanding of Coach Ford KNOWS he was a great coach!! If you don't like him, that's your position but don't try to make a claim he was only a very good coach. That is absolute bull!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was a very good coach. he did less with his best teams

Jun 2, 2013, 9:58 AM

against ehhhhh, competition. he had a great, story book year. he had some very good years and he had some wtphuck years.

'89 was as bad a coaching job as could have been for the team he put on the field. it happens.

arkansas; i wish he had never gone, but he did.

i believe ego[or a suitable word of your choice] did danny in at least twice. first with maxxy lennon & then taking the arkansas job.

still my favorite coach & not just of the ones that coached at clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Thought Hatfield was the bestest coach ever.***

Jun 2, 2013, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He [i]was[/i] the best

Jun 2, 2013, 10:10 AM

at running our program into the ground and guaranteeing Tommy West would have no chance of fixing the damage during his tenure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

True dat.. always wonder what our football program would

Jun 2, 2013, 10:13 AM

have done in the 90's if Max and Danny hadn't butted heads.

Of course, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To continue his success, Danny would have had to bring in

Jun 2, 2013, 10:25 AM

an OC. Nobody could knock Danny's defenses, but we'd have had to modernize our O eventually. I doubt he'd have done it, so I guess I'm saying I think his best years were already behind him.

Wait. That didn't sound like mindless banter. Well, unless you disagree and think I'm an idiot. Then it's mindless, I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

^^^Idiot.

Jun 2, 2013, 10:36 AM

;)

Good thing we didn't have Tnet during the Danny years. Can you imagine how much b!tching and moaning would have been going on about Danny's three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust offense?

there were tnutters all over dv back in those days...

Jun 2, 2013, 10:48 AM

i threw more gameday passes in the stands @ sun-drenched giggities than danny allowed on the field in a season. completed a few too.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picasso said something along the lines of 'the great

Jun 1, 2013, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Pic: Clemson's Character Pyramid ]

artists borrow from their predecessors, the masters steal it outright.'

It's hard to go wrong in a program when this kind of expectation of character, along with coaches and staff who back it up and teammates who share the vision.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2013, 11:29 PM

Danny Ford is the best Clemson coach ever. Surprised a Clemson fan would want people to shut up about the man who won our national championship.

Jan 13, 2024, 4:38 PM

I hope someone who is cleverer than I am will come up with the South Carolina version of the Character Pyramid.

Not sure where to start the dirtpecker Character Pyramid but

Jun 2, 2013, 7:41 AM

I know it ends at the Alvin S Glenn Detention Center Bluff road Columbia SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,637
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic