Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Weather and Idiots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Weather and Idiots

Oct 4, 2015, 11:13 AM

I know I'll get called a Coot and worse but here it goes. I have been an IPTAY member and Season ticket holder for many years but I did not go to the game. It is not that I'm not "all in" or loyal supporter. It is because I'm 4 hours away I have some COMMON SENSE ! Many are stranded this morning in the upstate because they have NO COMMON SENSE ! Football is a GAME folks and not meant to come at the price of life and injury. This game should have never been played based on the forecast and folks coming from the lower state should have had more common sense than to go. The fact that 80000 showed up last night is less a testament of Tiger faithful as it was to another example of misplaced priorities in our society today. Flame Away IDIOTS !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weather and Idiots

Oct 4, 2015, 11:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to flame: It's a valid opinion...

Oct 4, 2015, 11:17 AM

...the insinuation, however that people are idiots for their devotion to our school is specious, however.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His post = tutorial on how to go from 100% pulse to 28% on

Oct 4, 2015, 12:55 PM

your very first attempt.

Masterfully played!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 11:18 AM

Just drove through campus. Nobody is stranded

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you sound a little salty you missed out on one of the best atmospheres in Death Valley

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Well, that was an unprovoked attack.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

PS: Common sense says you move to high ground in a flood.***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 4, 2015, 11:21 AM

I drove 4hrs and got home at 5am from Clemson to Florence. I did not see one car stranded or any running water on the roads.
IDIOT!

joined today just to tell us that?

Oct 4, 2015, 11:21 AM

thanks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, shut up Spurrier, you ole ball sack***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:27 AM

another example of the fine work Crump does here...***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definite Coot

Oct 4, 2015, 11:40 AM

What a night!!! What a crowd!!! Clemson fans definitely showed something last night. One of the best atmospheres I have ever witmessed. Proud to be a tiger today.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell chicken***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 11:43 AM

I will not call you a coot but rather a pansy ####. I live in Raleigh drove to game at back after game conditions were mild. If posting here an ridiculing others makes you feel better about yourself and your COMMON SENSE then good luck with that. You represent todays soft society. Oh yeah im 66 and a Marine who served in Vietnam so forgive me if I am an IDIOT

Preach on.... U R Right***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:47 AM

Oct 4, 2015, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Weather and Idiots ]

bahaha!!! Jeez, it was a rainstorm, not snow!!! Yes, I questioned myself a couple of times while I was standing under a tent at noon tailgating before the game, but once I got in that stadium with my orange clad friends, it was electric!!! I would've hated myself if I'd missed that! Watching it on TV is definitely not the same as being there. Sounds like somebody's feeling lugubrious because he stayed home!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please just leave.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:43 AM

Don't let the door hit you in the ###.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great backhanded compliment to your own fanbase

Oct 4, 2015, 11:45 AM

g

Totally agree

Oct 4, 2015, 11:47 AM

I'm in Columbia and I was scared off by the forecast and watched from home. Totally glad that I did because I would never have made it home today. Go Tigers!

and life is short and you're wasting it if you spend it on the coach

Oct 4, 2015, 11:53 AM

Because you're afriad of rain. Wrap yourself up in bubble wrap and keep you're remote handy. Must suck to be you.

Need pix of the coach before agreeing with you ......***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:55 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 11:54 AM

> I know I'll get called a Coot and worse but here it
> goes. I have been an IPTAY member and Season ticket
> holder for many years but I did not go to the game.
> It is not that I'm not "all in" or loyal supporter.
> It is because I'm 4 hours away I have some COMMON
> SENSE ! Many are stranded this morning in the upstate
> because they have NO COMMON SENSE ! Football is a
> GAME folks and not meant to come at the price of life
> and injury. This game should have never been played
> based on the forecast and folks coming from the lower
> state should have had more common sense than to go.
> The fact that 80000 showed up last night is less a
> testament of Tiger faithful as it was to another
> example of misplaced priorities in our society today.
> Flame Away IDIOTS !

Because you're afriad of rain. Wrap yourself up in bubble wrap and keep you're remote handy. Must suck to be you.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:54 AM

Let me reply to your post by saying this:
1) Football is just a game and no one should put that above their life.
2) We are adults who are capable of making evaluated decisions as to the individual risk, there are plenty of options to maintain safety.
3) Being 4 hours away, I am not sure how you believe you are an expert on the conditions of the roads and safety in the upstate. If you had seen it firsthand you may be in a more educated position to comment.
4) Based on the amount of rain and flooding in the lower state, it may be that getting a hotel room in Clemson/Greenville/Anderson actually was a wiser decision than staying put, not necessarily "common sense" but smarter none the less.
5) I have not seen a single report of death or injury associated with a person going to the game, so again, I'm not sure why you feel as though there is a problem,
6) I think that you made a decision based on what you thought was best for you and yours, that is fine. Regretting that decision and calling people who made it to and from the game safely "idiots" is quite childish.

Sadly, No. 5 is in error...

Oct 4, 2015, 1:06 PM

The plane crash in Oconee. But I know what you meant...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was epic and unforgettable. Too bad you couldn't make it.***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Coot.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:10 PM

Listen, you missed a great game and did what you thought was correct - as did others. The weather in Clemson was no worse than the GT game about 12 years ago or the VT game I sat thru in 77 or 78, whenever that was.

You missed an unbelievable atmosphere and if that game had been cancelled the Coots would have had a f'ing field day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 12:19 PM

Do you feel lugubrious today for not making one of the special games that will go down in history ?

Go Tigers.............

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Oct 4, 2015, 12:20 PM

Hope you did not sell your tix to a ND fan

Oct 4, 2015, 12:24 PM

Those "idiots" were as much a part of that victory as the players on the field. I wasn't there either, but I'm certainly proud of all those "idiots" that did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loud and proud, I loved seeing it !

Oct 4, 2015, 12:25 PM

IDIOT!!!***

Oct 4, 2015, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's a shame your accused idiots did this too..

Oct 4, 2015, 12:59 PM

Sam Ponder ?@sam_ponder 15h15 hours ago
Sam Ponder Retweeted Clemson Football
Most fun I've had at CGD in 4 yrs despite the terrible weather! This place should be on every CFB fan's #bucketlist

https://twitter.com/sam_ponder

Oct 4, 2015, 1:01 PM
image.jpg(35.6 K)

Given the flooding in the Midlands and Lowcountry...

Oct 4, 2015, 1:04 PM

With I-95 shut down from Florence to I-26 and countless roads under water and bridges and dams threatened and people trapped in their homes as rivers rise...

I would contend that being at the game is far safer than many places in the state.

not bashing you....

Oct 4, 2015, 1:04 PM

Think about it. Ur choice to donate to iptay. Ur choice to buy tics. Fans choice to go to game last nite. That's all. Ur post is odd.

regardless of thegame - my sisters school in manning

Oct 4, 2015, 1:06 PM

is a shelter

heard I-95 is shut down

Has nothing to do with the game

Life doesn't stop because of the rain

null

Oct 4, 2015, 1:20 PM

Aw man....Your team must have lost yesterday.

Oct 4, 2015, 1:30 PM

Whoa whoa whoa whoa - see there, you're opening salvo - " I know I'll get called a Coot and worse but here it goes" has me questioning your motives. Because, as any truly loyal Tiger fan knows - there is NOTHING worse than being called a Coot.

Oct 4, 2015, 1:35 PM

bahaha!!! Jeez, it was a rainstorm, not snow!!! Yes, I questioned myself a couple of times while I was standing under a tent at noon tailgating before the game, but once I got in that stadium with my orange clad friends, it was electric!!! I would've hated myself if I'd missed that! Watching it on TV is definitely not the same as being there. Sounds like somebody's feeling lugubrious because he stayed home!

Just because your wife's a witch doesn't mean you melt***

Oct 4, 2015, 2:04 PM

Oct 4, 2015, 4:59 PM

Yours and Nikki Hailey s loss. Great fun and great game.you missed one of the best clemson gameday atmosphere ' s in at least my lifetime. Roads weren't bad just wet.slow and careful,that's what being responsible is.it was rain.

Oct 5, 2015, 3:06 PM

At least Nikki didn't pay for tix.

Why Post This?***

Oct 4, 2015, 5:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 5:06 PM

its a shame this place has no mods.

null

Oct 5, 2015, 7:55 AM

Once again, a coot troll making posts to stir the pot. You all notice this was his first post, and didnt make another single comment during the entire thread.

I drove from Wilmington, NC, as did a few others I know. I came back home the morning after the game. No issues with weather coming home. I would do it again to support my Tigers and those players and coaches. Being called an idiot by a coot means nothing to me, I consider the source.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2015, 8:06 AM

Idiots? Not flaming. Just must be sad to be you.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:28 AM

You have the right to feel any way you wish. That don't make those who chose to go any less intelligent than you and doesn't make you smarter than them. They were probably safer at the game than you were 4 hrs. away. Get over yourself.Look in the mirror before calling others idiots.

Common sense?

Oct 5, 2015, 10:33 AM

If you had common sense, you would have done been at that game. The reward greatly outweighed the risk.

You mad bro?***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:35 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Lowcountry Idiot Checking In Here...

Oct 5, 2015, 10:43 AM

Yea, I was one of the ones griping at the posters calling for the game to be canceled. I've been waiting 3 years for this game and wasn't going to let rain keep me from it. Drove up from Charleston late Thursday night, walked around Clemson all day Friday, was tailgating by 8:00am on Saturday, stayed in my seat the entire game, was on the field afterward and didn't get back to the lakehouse until almost 2:00 am.

I was thoroughly drenched, I navigated through mud, rain and lack of sleep for nearly 48 hours. I drove back home through that mess yesterday, got home at 6:00 last night and was back in my office at 8:00 this morning. I'm still exhausted.. But you know what - I have the biggest grin on my face and for the rest of my life, I'll remember that as quite possibly the greatest game I've ever seen in Death Valley. It was truly worth it and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Over a thousand days I've waited for that game. And it absolutely lived up to the hype!

Nice post.. Bet you will remember the game longer than the

Oct 5, 2015, 11:11 AM

poster. Thanks for your effort and for all the others.

Perhaps you're not an idiot.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:49 AM

I dunno.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, still waiting on the death toll from Clemson travelers

Oct 5, 2015, 12:41 PM

but I'm guessing it should be in the hundreds of thousands

We made it back to Charleston just fine, thank you.

Oct 5, 2015, 12:43 PM

Stay home for the rest of them, too, and sell your tickets to someone who isn't a nancy.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Risk is an individual thing

Oct 5, 2015, 2:34 PM

The great thing about this country is we get to access the risk and make our own decisions. You chose to be safe and sound at home, great. We chose to enjoy a wonderful night in Death Valley. I wont judge your decision if you will let me make mine.

Thanks

Oct 5, 2015, 2:46 PM

Gee, if I had stayed home, I could be sitting in the dark with wet feet and no water instead of relaxing in Atlanta with my granddaughter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic