Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone blaming the defense does not know a ####### thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Anyone blaming the defense does not know a ####### thing

Aug 30, 2014, 9:48 PM

about football.

That is all.

It was hot and humid and the offense gained NO yards in the 2nd half. That leaves you completely gassed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Without a doubt.***

Aug 30, 2014, 10:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Anyone blaming the defense does not know a ####### thing

Aug 30, 2014, 10:14 PM

Agreed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

Chad Morris is average.***

Aug 30, 2014, 10:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it all on the D. I actually think we

Aug 30, 2014, 10:35 PM

held up well till late in the third quarter. It was the best RB tandem in the nation so I knew we would have a challenge there on our hands. Just wouldn't have thought Mason would have had as long to throw on so many numerous occasions and I guess I was a little more optimistic about the secondary than I should have been...

But our offense most definitely did not help the D out. We couldn't pick up a first down to save our life. Not sure that was necessarily our O or play calling. Where the heck was Leggett? I've been hearing how much the TE were going to be a factor and I saw next to nothing from them...

Re: Yeah, I wouldn't put it all on the D. I actually think we

Aug 31, 2014, 1:41 PM

I think the secondary played pretty good, especially in pass coverage. I never heard Mackenzie name mentioned once. That tells me he was playing very well. The two pass interference that led to their first TD. The first one called was a legitimate call, but the second I think was a bad. I think this may have led to the perception that the secondary was not playing well. I never saw any busts, like there have been in the past.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I just would have expected them to compete more for

Aug 31, 2014, 1:50 PM

the ball...an interception or two that early in the game would have done wonders. It seems that are guys sometimes go into panic mode and grab the jersey or slap the hands just to try and avoid a big gain. Problem is, we had two back to back PI calls that netted them 30 yards in two plays and put them near the 10 yard line...a dangerous place with 4 really good RBs...

I think one of those passes hit our DB's helmet. If our guys turn and look for the ball, that may have been an easy pick. I was just thinking we'd be back to the DeAndre McDaniel days when an interception was very likely to occur.

Re: Yeah, I wouldn't put it all on the D. I actually think we

Aug 31, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I wouldn't put it all on the D. I actually think we ]

Mason didnt have long to throw because they were doing qick passes all day. They knew not to let him stand in the pockets more than 2 or 3 seconds. Even then the boys almost got him a couple of times.

Aug 30, 2014, 10:37 PM

You really might want to watch a tape and count all of the missed tackles through the first three quarters. The defensive front did not play very well tonight.

Aug 30, 2014, 10:41 PM

You are a #### fan go #### yourself.

null

Aug 30, 2014, 11:23 PM

Yes, but unlike you......I know football. The Tiger defense did not play that well tonight. Go ahead, watch film of the first 3 quarters and count the missed tackles.

Aug 30, 2014, 11:35 PM

They gave up 14 points in the 1st half wehn our offense had a pulse you moron.

You are an idiot and know jack #### about Football if you think the Defense is why we lost.

null

No more than in any other football game I bet***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone blaming the defense does not know a ####### thing ]

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Wrong.....No Heart on This Defense***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wrong.....No Heart on This Defense***

You are moron.

null

Aug 30, 2014, 11:42 PM

Thanks, Brent!!

Aug 30, 2014, 11:57 PM

You aer a #### lover posing as a Clemson fan go #### yourself you pathetic loser.

null

Aug 31, 2014, 12:35 AM

Well, considering this entire weekend, from one loser to another, huh? Let me sum it up for you, phallus-breath, the Tiger run defense obviously looked pretty shabby tonight. Take off the orange glasses and quit sounding like a complete fool.

I love to come and watch the pisssing contest between all of you self proclaimed know it alls

Aug 31, 2014, 2:21 AM

Lol

Aug 30, 2014, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Wrong.....No Heart on This Defense*** ]

Yes, you are in fact a mornon for stating facts. Im guessing this guy only listened to Munson instead of actually the game. Really though, our defense did look like they got manhandled in the trenches along with a lot of blown coverage. It was just a recipe for disaster. Not to mention the play calling on the offense did us no favors. Make the adjustments, get rid of the seniority over talent mentality and spot the ball. We still have a lot of games left. Go tigers!

Aug 30, 2014, 11:56 PM

Munson is a moron so no I didnt listen to him. Nice 9th post though. You smell of chicken ####.

null

Aug 31, 2014, 12:03 AM

Put the bottle down and get your head out of your @55. I am a die hard tiger fan and think we will still be in for a hell of a season if we can make the right adjustments. Fans like you that like to just spout off meaningless banter make us all look bad. Its one thing to lose but its another thing to act like we played perfectly. There's no harm in admitting we did a lot wrong we just have to learn from it. Spot the ball, learn from the mistakes, and enjoy the ride!

Aug 31, 2014, 12:24 AM

We did plenty wrong kid so gfy. our D however was not the biggest problem that is a fact.

null

absolutely***

Aug 30, 2014, 11:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

100 % agree. Its on Morris & Dabo & play calls & O roster***

Aug 31, 2014, 12:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 12:25 AM

Lol

Aug 31, 2014, 5:58 AM

Defense did give up 37 points had missed tackles, players were out of position etc..they quit, but hey 1 loss isn't the end of the season.

Aug 31, 2014, 2:07 AM

True enough. No objections here. But wasn't this supposed to be the best D since forever? Hard to have a great statistical D playing behind a HUNH offense that goes 3 and out often, and in truth, teams like Clemson, Aub, Oregon, Baylor etc. that run fast offenses rarely have great D stats.

Aug 31, 2014, 6:08 AM

Offense didn't do their job!

Aug 31, 2014, 6:15 AM

D played lights out imo. At some point after seeing the offense completely fail and having to play virtually the whole 3rd and 4th quarters on defense, it's no wonder they got tired.

After we were down by 10, it was a moot point anyway. The offense was completely incapable of moving the ball. Been a long time since I seen such a shoddy performance from us on offense. Probably have to go back to the Spence days.

Time of possession was about the same.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:08 AM

Now what? so they should have been gassed too right?

hmmmm...

Aug 31, 2014, 9:12 AM

TOP was lopsided in the first half. Georgia certainly evened it up in the second.

3 and outs for us = no TOP. And we had plenty of them in the second half, sheez.

We had some issues on D that need work

Aug 31, 2014, 9:16 AM

but the D did not lose the game. Down 3 points on the road at UGA going into the 4th quarter - the D did enough. 26 total yards of offense and one first down..recipe for what happened last night.

Xactly...***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You tell 'em, it was Cole Stoudt allowing Gurley to run all

Aug 31, 2014, 9:53 AM

over the place. That's right.

Defense has to man up and stop the same running play over and over and over and over again.

Re: You tell 'em, it was Cole Stoudt allowing Gurley to run all

Aug 31, 2014, 1:03 PM

You are another pathetic Chicken fan that poses as a CLemson fan I dont care what you think

null

It was on the o-line's lack of depth and on playcalling.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:46 PM

Not enough prep for the pressure that we saw in the second half.

Needed to be much better on getting the ball out quickly. Where in the world were the TE's in the second half?

Re: It was on the o-line's lack of depth and on playcalling.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:58 PM

the T/Ends were trying to help our R/t block #84!! it did not work!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where were the tight ends in the second half.

Aug 31, 2014, 2:07 PM [ in reply to It was on the o-line's lack of depth and on playcalling. ]

Yea, that's right. And, when UGA was pinning their ears pack and getting after the qb, you want to slow down the rush, use traditional rb screens. A couple of those for 30 or 40 yards would have quelled their rush.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic