Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I normally agree with hating FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I normally agree with hating FSU

Jan 22, 2019, 2:48 PM

But I really feel like this was a very strong reach towards claiming that they did something wrong with malicious intent personally. Although others may have a different opinion I am more than open to hearing what you see as the problem as I may have looked past it.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25818664/florida-state-recruiting-department-apologizes-martin-luther-king-jr-graphic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its just the stupid world we live in now..everything is an

Jan 22, 2019, 2:59 PM

outrage or a scandal. Insinuating racism is the easiest way to make a buck and get notoriety. The boy who cried wolf is a good read for anyone who feels this ad is racist.

Re: its just the stupid world we live in now..everything is an

Jan 22, 2019, 3:02 PM

Go into the comments if you really want a laugh, at one point someone said that you can clearly tell white people run their football team and recruiting quickly being corrected as their HC is an African American as well as FSU has a very diverse recruiting staff.

because they tried to portray MLK

Jan 22, 2019, 3:04 PM

As like a symbol of FSU when he had no connection with them in his life.

It would've been fine to just use the quote and say FSU follows his example or something.

Re: because they tried to portray MLK

Jan 22, 2019, 3:08 PM

I agree with this, and it certainly wasn't the most well thought out post, but it's not exactly something worthy of people getting angry about and needing an apology IMO.

No matter what you do, somebody is going to be "offended"***

Jan 22, 2019, 3:22 PM [ in reply to because they tried to portray MLK ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: No matter what you do, somebody is going to be "offended"***

Jan 22, 2019, 3:30 PM

Or what you don't do, we have a country full of pansies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No matter what you do, somebody is going to be "offended"***

Jan 22, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to No matter what you do, somebody is going to be "offended"*** ]

Sadly, you are probably right. I could say I like all types of ice cream and the ice cream haters will step to the mic.

Re: because they tried to portray MLK

Jan 22, 2019, 3:28 PM [ in reply to because they tried to portray MLK ]

I can understand that, but to me he is shown as a symbol "within" FSU not "for" FSU in the sense of using him for personal gain. It was just an FSU recruiting page putting their passion while showing support for one of the most influential people in human history.

To me it's like when it's Fourth of July and a Clemson page posts a player waving an American flag, it puts support for the flag and country with their passion of Clemson University, but I with him being a person I can understand the difference people would see as well.

Most people know only that MLK was the leader of the...

Jan 22, 2019, 3:29 PM [ in reply to because they tried to portray MLK ]

civil rights movement. How they can hear and read his words and honor his memory with hate for others because of the pigment, or lack thereof, of their skin is beyond my ability to understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course its not wrong but it is certainly worthy of making

Jan 22, 2019, 5:36 PM

fun of them. They could have done something less drenched in FSU stuff and made it classy looking and it would have been cool.

A picture of him leading a march with the simple phrase "Do something" in Garnet would have been cool.

Then you are showing how your slogan and culture apply to life rather than simply Coopting MLK and making him into an endorsement cartoon.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic