Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No love for Pawlowski ?????? ..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

No love for Pawlowski ?????? ..........

Jun 11, 2015, 11:01 AM

I'm very surprised he isn't being talked about as a replacement for Jack. I know he didn't do great at Auburn, but he did fantastic at CofC. Even some of the best don't always win everywhere. There are so many factors that go into success. Around 5 or 6 years ago Paw was the darling of TNET and the popular choice to replace Jack. He had a bad run at Auburn so he's now persona non grata? He's not even worthy of consideration?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He just took the job at WKU

Jun 11, 2015, 11:05 AM

I know we could hire him away from them but I think many would like to see him prove himself there after his less than stellar run at Auburn.

I knew he did, but we've seen coaches in bigger sports like

Jun 11, 2015, 11:16 AM

football do a switcheroo. I'd think Clemson would be his dream job and he built that CofC program, which was a lot tougher gig than Auburn. I get it, I'm sure most want to see him redeem himself, but IMO he's still a better choice than many being mentioned and he'd be a perfect fit.

I'm not saying we should definitely hire him, but I'm shocked that no one is even talking about him when not too long ago he was the TNET darling.

null

I think he should and probably has at least gotten a call

Jun 11, 2015, 11:36 AM

from the AD

Re: No love for Pawlowski ?????? ..........

Jun 11, 2015, 11:09 AM

He was just hired as the HC for Western Kentucky a week ago. Not sure he'd be at the top of the list after struggling at Auburn.

I understand both points, but find it odd he's not even

Jun 11, 2015, 11:18 AM

getting mentioned.

null

Re: I understand both points, but find it odd he's not even

Jun 11, 2015, 11:25 AM

If you understand both of those points then why do you find it odd he isn't being mentioned?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jun 11, 2015, 11:30 AM

Does anyone know how his daughter is doing. I believe Clemson had a fund raiser for her when we played C of C and Paw was the coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2015, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I understand both points, but find it odd he's not even ]

I find it odd, that if you don't understand that he understands both points and still finds it odd..... What was I just talking about?

It's really very simple. Coaches in bigger college sports

Jun 11, 2015, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I understand both points, but find it odd he's not even ]

than baseball have accepted jobs then a few months later taken a bigger job.

He didn't do great at Auburn, but he's still a better candidate than some of the others being mentioned.

And he's a perfect fit.

So yes, he has drawbacks, but so do all of the other candidates. Neither of his negatives is a deal breaker. Ergo, it's odd that he isn't being discussed.

null

Jun 11, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I understand both points, but find it odd he's not even ]

Because he's a COOT

He just accepted a job at another school.

Jun 11, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to I understand both points, but find it odd he's not even ]

WKU I believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, I understand, but .....

Jun 11, 2015, 1:21 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=17350262�

null

^^^This is why we can't have nice things***

Jun 11, 2015, 1:25 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Your linking has the broke, is this a link to where

Jun 11, 2015, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Yes, I understand, but ..... ]

Billy Davis called you a liar?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Your linking has the broke, is this a link to where

Jun 11, 2015, 1:39 PM

Nah, that's this one....

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12144449

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Ah yes, that's the one.***

Jun 11, 2015, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You can believe whatever you want, but Billy flip flopped as

Jun 11, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Your linking has the broke, is this a link to where ]

fast as a politician and others agreed that he did.

But rather than start a fight why don't you join an intelligent conversation.

null

You just can't help yourself can you?***

Jun 11, 2015, 1:47 PM

no, never could...

Jun 11, 2015, 1:50 PM

or was this a trick question?

Re: You can believe whatever you want, but Billy flip flopped as

Jun 11, 2015, 1:53 PM [ in reply to You can believe whatever you want, but Billy flip flopped as ]

I never saw where others agreed...I do know he went out of his way to lay the smackdown for you attempting to use him to prove your point.

Huh, why was that deleted? There was nothing ......

Jun 11, 2015, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Yes, I understand, but ..... ]

provocative or out of line, just a rational opinion.

Here's the link again ...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17350262

null

Frankly.....

Jun 11, 2015, 1:52 PM

If I was the AD, his level of success (or a lack thereof) at Auburn, would be a deal breaker for me.

I would put him in the same category with guys like Mazey and Perno. They would be considered fall-back options if, for some reason, the top four or five primary candidates didn't work-out for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's better than those two, but in no way am I saying he

Jun 11, 2015, 2:02 PM

should be hired. I think we can do better. And he had more success than Lee, but Lee is young and an up and comer. I'm just very surprised he isn't being talked about given the fact that he's a perfect fit and was the TNET darling not too many years ago. But then that's TNET. Worship a guy today then throw him under the bus tomorrow.

null

Dont get me wrong....

Jun 11, 2015, 2:12 PM

I think he would be a reasonably good candidate too but just not a top candidate.

Exactly. I almost see him & Lee as equally viable ....

Jun 11, 2015, 4:29 PM

Pawlowski
---------
Pros
----
CU grad - It's his dream job, a chance to redeem himself. He would bust his ### to succeed and bring more passion than anyone.
Built the CofC program from scratch.
Key cog in Jack's early success.
HS Coaching Connections in SC.

Cons
----
Auburn

Monte Lee
---------
Pros
----
Youth & Potential
SC kid
Success @ CofC
HS Coaching Connections in SC.

Cons
-----
Short resume and limited success @ CofC

My List - In Order
------------------
1. Corbin
2. Schlossnagle
3. Sully
4. Rooney
5. Paw
6. Lee

Thoughts?

What's your list?

null

I usually don't agree with you but that's a good list

Jun 11, 2015, 4:36 PM

1. Corbin
2. Schlossnagle
3. Sully
4. Szefc
5. Rooney
6. Lee
7. Pawlowski
8. LeCroy

Honestly I wouldn't be terribly upset if we got any of those 8, but I'd be happiest with the top 3 (only Schlossnagle is realistic in my mind), completely fine with 4 or 5, and cautiously optimistic with 6-8.

*Note

Jun 11, 2015, 4:39 PM

I've said in the past that I didn't want Corbin because I thought he was too similar to Jack, but I've watched Vandy play a little more and decided I judged him way too harshly initially. He's a helluva coach and any school that could pry him away from Vanderbilt (in my mind almost impossible) would be lucky to have him.

Exactly. Private schools with big money have a huge

Jun 11, 2015, 6:41 PM

advantage under the new rules.

null

My top three are ....

Jun 11, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Exactly. I almost see him & Lee as equally viable .... ]

1. Sully
2. Schlossnagle
3. Corbin

I have Corbin third primarily because I think he is the least likely to leave his current position. Vandy's endowment affords him the opportunity to give significantly more scholarship money to his baseball players which has undoubtedly contributed to his success, a benefit he would not have at Clemson.

We are going to find that private schools with big money are

Jun 11, 2015, 7:01 PM

going to have a huge advantage under the new NCAA rules.

We could have had Corbin 3 years ago, but given what he has built and the new rules, he may never leave. Nashville is a great place to live too. Odds are the only way he leaves Vandy is Texas, Miami, LSU, or possibly FSU. But it could be argued he already has the new top job in college baseball.

Sully would be great, but I think Florida will do ANYTHING it takes to keep him. We are not as committed to success and won't match Florida. But he could be blowing his Greg Marshall opportunity to milk Florida for a monster deal.

Schlossnagle is probably in a Corbin/Vandy type situation. If he wanted the Clemson job it would be for personal & intangible non-money reasons. IMO.

Who is your more realistic #4? Lee?

null

505 career wins. 505-318. 11 NCAA trips. 75 draft picks******

Jun 11, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Frankly..... ]

Now Mr. Steve, you know better than to come in here with

Jun 11, 2015, 3:12 PM

facts and numbers to back your point. ;)

In five seasons at Auburn he was 167- 126..

Jun 11, 2015, 3:57 PM [ in reply to 505 career wins. 505-318. 11 NCAA trips. 75 draft picks****** ]

overall, a mere 71-79 in conference play, and appeared in just one NCAA Regional.

It seem he was more successful at College of Charleston while playing against lesser competition.

Jun 11, 2015, 11:30 AM

That's why I hate the argument of a "proven" coach. Just because you do it one place, doesn't mean you will somewhere else.

Let's turn it over to Bradley so he doesn't go take another team to Omaha.

Lowcountry.......

Jun 11, 2015, 12:48 PM

No one here has the necessary knowledge or understanding of why Coach Pawlowski is such a great pick nor what made him the KEY person in the Leggett/Corbin/Pawlowski years so they used the lack of success at Auburn to ignore him.

It is his dream job without any doubt what so ever.

And his daughter Mary Louise is doing great. She is healthy and is a junior at Clemson.

Sorry --- broke my vow of not posting and had to jump in on this one. I am out again.

Steve Mottl

Im guessing your are Ryan Mottl's father...

Jun 11, 2015, 1:01 PM

as soon as I saw that last name it took me back.

The challenge is that Pawlowski is a fine coach who had alot of success at CofC and building that program, but given that we just fired a long tenured successful coach it wouldnt make sense to hire a former assistant who didnt do very well on the big stage.

His lack of postseason prescence doesnt do him any favors. I'd love to see someone like Pawlowski lead the program but it really doesnt make sense on paper.

He's still better than others being mentioned.***

Jun 11, 2015, 1:34 PM

null

Thanks. I think it's a mistake to discount him. He is a much

Jun 11, 2015, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Lowcountry....... ]

better candidate than Mazey and LeCroy, and he built the CofC program. He had more success there than Monte Lee. He's equally as good, if not better than Szefc.

And he already has a relationship with SC high school coaches.

null

Re: Thanks. I think it's a mistake to discount him. He is a much

Jun 11, 2015, 2:15 PM

I have no issues with Pawlowski one way or the other. If Clemfan says he would be good, that's good enough for me. But, I don't think it's fair to say that he did any better at C of C than Monte Lee. There was also an issue with the NCAA taking away some scholarships from the C of C when Pawlowski was there because his teams did not meet the APR requirements for 2 or 3 years. As I recall, that was due to some of the JUCO kids he brought in, and he brought in a lot, who were good players but lousy students. I wouldn't swear to this, but I THINK they were still short a scholarship or two when Lee took over.

> better candidate than Mazey and LeCroy, and he built
> the CofC program. He had more success there than
> Monte Lee. He's equally as good, if not better than
> Szefc.
>
> And he already has a relationship with SC high school
> coaches.

Jun 11, 2015, 1:47 PM

He accepted a job at another school

WKU I believe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Really? Gosh, I had no idea! *smh****

Jun 11, 2015, 1:49 PM

null

Re: Really? Gosh, I had no idea! *smh****

Jun 11, 2015, 1:52 PM

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Can you imagine the conflict he must be feeling right now?

Jun 11, 2015, 2:33 PM

You know he wants this job at the school he played for and coached at but at the same time he just took a job as a HC. Who knows, he may have gone to the AD and talked to him about this situation, we don't know what's going on.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic