Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No longer a Brownell supporter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

No longer a Brownell supporter

Jan 14, 2017, 8:18 PM

I used be a supporter of Brownell and I thought if given a chance to recruit and get his types of players in here he would be successful......no more. I have seen too many meltdowns by his teams in the 4th quarter where his teams "appear lost" on the court, taking bad shot selections and not able to finish off games as other good teams do. I'm a ready to move on and get a winner in here!

Also, I didn't like the lack of respect given to Roy Williams after the Carolina game. Shows poorly on the university and the kind of culture that Dabo has built.

Time to move on from this coach. Anyone else agree?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No longer a Brownell supporter

Jan 14, 2017, 8:22 PM

Shows poorly for standing up for his team? Go away

Jan 14, 2017, 8:29 PM

No, no, no......showed poorly on Clemson university and could have been done behind closed doors. Dabo has always shown class, win or lose, in the post game handshakes.

Jan 14, 2017, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: No longer a Brownell supporter ]

Ask yourself this,what if Dabo had took over for Bowden and made it to a bowl with Bowden's players then after 6 years with his own recruits never made it to a bowl would you still want him to be the coach?

No ask yourself this

Jan 14, 2017, 10:31 PM

What if Clemson football had the same support and history of success as Clemson basketball?

Then your scenario would fit. Clemson basketball is the Wake Forest of football.

Coach BB is on the hot seat. Players who hsve been in his system and should be leaders are taking dumb shots during crunch time. It was Grantham today who took a "open" too esrly three when Clemson was down by three.

But there is no need to throw $hite his way. Support the team and see what goes on next.

Re: No ask yourself this

Apr 17, 2019, 8:18 PM

I agree he doesn't have the support football has and only recently got facility upgrades,but ask yourself this these things didn't stop Purnell and Barnes from putting quality teams on the court.

Apples and oranges

Jan 15, 2017, 11:48 AM

Rick Barnes and Oliver Purnell also didn't have the outdated facilities Brad Brownell has had. And the ACC, as good as it has always been, it tougher now than ever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 14, 2017, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: No longer a Brownell supporter ]

Go away? Left out - coot

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2017, 8:26 PM

Tell em coot

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2017, 8:32 PM

don't call me a coot. I'm a Clemson parent and strong supporter of IPTAY. Brownell has to go! Agree?

Jan 14, 2017, 8:40 PM

LOL you are right...I just thought it was mandatory to call someone a coot with as low a tiger pulse as you have.

I'm done with him also.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2017, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: No longer a Brownell supporter ]

I agree. Good coach, great man but bad fit at Clemson as a bkball coach.

yes but now 2 years late. Was obvious after year 4 or 5.***

Jan 14, 2017, 8:36 PM

Re: yes but now 2 years late. Was obvious after year 4 or 5.***

Jan 14, 2017, 8:41 PM

He has never seemed comfortable to me being in the shadow of the football program. Instead of embracing football and leveraging off that success, he almost seems jealous of the success of Dabo Swinney.

Your post is ridiculous. Brad is very supportive of Dabo

Jan 14, 2017, 11:40 PM

and football. He does want more support for basketball, which he has finally gotten in year 8 with the new facilities which were badly needed. It's one thing if you dislike his coaching, but you lost all credibility to portray him as someone who is threatened by Dabo. They have a great relationship and are supportive of one another.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

A decision will be made at the end of the season, and

Jan 14, 2017, 8:47 PM

it's simple. If we make the tourney, Brownell survives; if not, he's gone. At least that's the way I see it. Right now it's not looking too good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I agree with this, but do we have any idea what DRad thinks?***

Jan 14, 2017, 11:41 PM

Jan 14, 2017, 8:52 PM

I hate to break it to you but they don't play quarters, they play halves. Watch a lot of college basketball?

Jan 14, 2017, 8:56 PM

My bad.....slip up there. I think most know what I meant.....obviously over your head!

"let those without sin step up and cast the first stone!"

Jan 14, 2017, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: No longer a Brownell supporter ]

But they do have quarters in women's basketball. Anyone else smell chicken in here?

LOL at "4th quarter" in college bball

Jan 14, 2017, 9:16 PM

And you're not going to get far here talking about Clemson coaches needing to kiss UNC's coaches' rings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give him until after march.***

Jan 15, 2017, 12:37 AM

Jan 15, 2017, 12:51 AM

U need to go bro.

Let's finish strong Tigers

I support him, but if we don't make the tournament he should

Jan 15, 2017, 1:21 AM

be gone without the remotest question.

Re: I support him, but if we don't make the tournament he should

Jan 15, 2017, 8:44 AM

I honestly believe Dabo could coach this basketball team to the NCAA tournament...I honestly do.

Why does Roy Williams or anyone associated

Jan 15, 2017, 8:10 AM

UNC deserve any respect? Roy said he had no knowledge of the acedemic cheating at UNC and was shocked. The man is either a liar or a fool. In either case he has not earned my respect.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic