Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No leader or politician deserves this kind of adulation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 578

No leader or politician deserves this kind of adulation

May 8, 2021, 3:39 PM

ever. The last paragraph is particularly creepy. No man deserves this kind of worship.

Scott Pruitt's resignation letter.

"Mr. President, it has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.

That is why is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God’s providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

Your Faithful Friend,

Scott Pruitt

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No leader or politician deserves this kind of adulation

Jul 5, 2018, 11:17 PM

Interesting...replace every 'serve/served/serving' with the appropriate tense of the word 'blow' and it still works.

Also, the part about it being God's providence that Trump is POTUS was absolutely disgusting and mind 'serving'.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just hope that when children read the history books

Jul 5, 2018, 11:26 PM

in 30 years, they will learn about how Trump wrote the constitution, once shot a 38 under par, and never defecated. This way his sons Don Jr and Eric can rule the galaxy unopposed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like a typical bureaucrat resignation letter

Jul 6, 2018, 9:01 AM

They always heap praise and BS. Seen similar ones with Bush and Obama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like a typical bureaucrat resignation letter

Jul 6, 2018, 12:32 PM

Bureaucrat resignation letters stick in your long term memory?

Jul 6, 2018, 9:19 AM

You just hate anything and everything that references God or Christian belief.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When a-holes like you subscribe to it, it loses some of its

Jul 6, 2018, 9:27 AM

appeal.

or references Trump as God.***

Jul 6, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: No leader or politician deserves this kind of adulation ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: No leader or politician deserves this kind of adulation ]

You just hate anything and everything that references God or Christian belief.

You have me confused with someone else. I am a believer.

Impossible

Jul 6, 2018, 1:23 PM

you can't be a Democrat and a Christian.

Sean Hannity said so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Jul 7, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: No leader or politician deserves this kind of adulation ]

Honestly Felix you wouldn't be able to tell without you saying it. You seem to be opposed to everything pertaining to Christian belief.

Jul 7, 2018, 10:13 AM

I get that same impression of you.

Jul 7, 2018, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: No leader or politician deserves this kind of adulation ]

Jhop83® said:

Honestly Felix you wouldn't be able to tell without you saying it. You seem to be opposed to everything pertaining to Christian belief.

Jhop, I'm unclear as to how you can say that. Most of what I see "Christians" for, Trump, adultery, separating immigrant children from parents, doesn't seem Christian at all to me.

Can you name for me those things that I'm opposed to are also opposed to Christian belief?

Jul 7, 2018, 1:00 PM

I would think you would be pro choice. Isn't that the opposite of what most Christians believe? I could see Jhop seeing that as not Christian like. He has talked about abortion on here a lot.

Jul 7, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: No leader or politician deserves this kind of adulation ]

Your political views have nothing to do with it. Anytime myself or someone else posts something about God or being a Christian on here you just seem to have a snarky comment.....

You called me a "bible thumper" one time. Lol.

Jul 7, 2018, 1:31 PM

You may have me confused with someone else. I don't recall every calling you any name. I do recall, however, someone else using that term. Not me.

Further, if my posts seem anti-Christian it's because I make a distinction between Christianity and Christianism.

They are far and away different things. Christianism is more about Christian sounding platitudes and self-righteous pronouncements similar to faith. But not actual faith.

True Christians aren't against anyone. I'm sure you've read "A purpose driven life" by pastor Rick Warren. If not, I highly recommend it. One of the things he said was "I won't Christians to be known for what they're for, not what they're against."

The idea that "Christians" would support the policies of this administration and this President in order to get a few Consevative Judges is to me the ultimate betrayal of Christ's teachings. I'm 63, I remember Christians justifying segregation in public schools. Today that seems like nonsense, but back them most Christians were against integration. So much so that it took the Supreme Court and years of effort to institute it. That's Christian-ism, not Christianity.

"Judge not lest ye be judged..." or "He he cast the first stone.." or "Love thy neighbor as thyself" all seem lost to most politically active Christians. It's not there, so I rarely take them seriously.

I myself am a poor Christian compared to many that I know. But I know what it actually is, not what it looks like. That's the difference between Christianity and Christian-ism.

Rich Warren was harshly criticized by many Christians for the work and resources he put into fighting the AIDS epidemic in areas of S. Africa where approximately 25% of the population had Aids. You know why? Because it was sexually transmitted and those people essentially "got what they deserved." This from so called 'Christians".

So, if you detect a not of hostility in my posts towards "things Christians", you may now have a better understanding as to why. Peace.

Jul 7, 2018, 1:55 PM

Funny you mention the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. I'm reading that book right now and you are right it's very eye opening.

I agree with everything you just said about what American Christianity has become....problem is the bad apples get all the headlines. For every self righteous hypocrite sitting in a pew on Sunday morning there are 50 that would take the shirt off their back for anybody regardless of race or social status.

Also, from all reports that aren't coming from biased news sources immigrant families are only separated if they can't determine the relationship or if the child is in danger. Everything isn't black and white. The situation at the border goes deeper than what you read about on the internet.

Jul 7, 2018, 1:59 PM

Then we fundamentally agree and I certainly agree that the bad apples do get the headlines. Unfortunately, that is the standard by which non-Christians judge the faithful. This, in many cases, because the faithful do not themselves call out the bad apples.

I also agree that you have to be careful what and who you read. I believe that in order to glean the truth you have to read both the right and the left. If you only read MSNBC or only read FoxNews then you're going to be misinformed.

I hope you have a nice rest of your weekend my friend. :)

Except Dabo!

Jul 7, 2018, 1:10 PM

I know, I know...Tiger Board is *that* way.

null

Replies: 18
| visibility 578
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic