Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Open poll for Trump supporters and conservatives
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Open poll for Trump supporters and conservatives

Feb 1, 2017, 7:31 AM

I distinguish between the two because I do not to believe them to be the same thing.

I'm putting this out there to get a better feel of where you're coming from. Just choose one.

A. The executive branch has too much power. I'm in favor of scaling it back, even if that means it will weaken Trump's ability to push forth his agendas and campaign promises.

B. Trump has the right amount of power any president should have. He has the means and tools in place to accomplish what needs to be done.

C. We need to slightly increase executive authority to make it easier for Trump to implement the policies he promised.

D. Trump needs a lot more authority. There's too much bureaucratic red tape and hindrance from the other two branches of government. Give him significant more power because he knows what's best for change in America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Why didn't you ask this under Obama?***

Feb 1, 2017, 7:50 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, for one...

Feb 1, 2017, 8:30 AM

I wasn't on here for most of Obama's tenure. Two, I already think Obama overstepped his authority.

Three, why is this a difficult question to answer?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

It isn't difficult, but it is clear that the things that

Feb 1, 2017, 8:50 AM

were taken for granted by liberals under Obama are now unreasonable to them under Trump.

It isn't difficult, but it is clear that the things that

Feb 1, 2017, 8:59 AM

were unreasonable for Republicans under Obama are now perfectly acceptable to them under Trump.

See how easy that is?

So what has Trump done that is unreasonable?***

Feb 1, 2017, 9:16 AM

It's ultimately pointless for me to answer your question.***

Feb 1, 2017, 9:28 AM

A) but it should never have come to this.

Feb 1, 2017, 7:53 AM

Stupid, broken Washington is what led us to this state of rule by executive order. Trump did not create this and the consequences of ruling this way are largely what allowed him to take power. That, and Hillary sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

E. You spend WAY too much time obsessing over Trump****

Feb 1, 2017, 7:54 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you one of those really whiny lurkers...

Feb 1, 2017, 8:30 AM

Who sits passively by the computer, hoping and praying for that moment you can finally throw out a snarky comment, only to realize you look really stupid because you realize this is a politics board, and we, you know, talk about politics?

Just a guess.

I think you mean a 'closet whiner,' that goes down sometimes***

Feb 1, 2017, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boy you nailed it...

Feb 1, 2017, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Are you one of those really whiny lurkers... ]

First thing you've got right in 3 years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing you could try to do...

Feb 1, 2017, 10:13 AM

If you dislike what I post so much, is to simply not read it. It might be easier than being a whiny ##### about it.

you're calling someone else a whiny #####?

Feb 1, 2017, 10:46 AM

Which type of irony is it?***

Feb 1, 2017, 10:58 AM

too***

Feb 1, 2017, 4:01 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the 10,000 spoons and all you need is a knife kind

Feb 1, 2017, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Which type of irony is it?*** ]

NOT the rain on your wedding day kind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Open poll for Trump supporters and conservatives

Feb 1, 2017, 8:09 AM

I've never seen government permanently downsized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'd say somewhere between a and b

Feb 1, 2017, 8:13 AM

with a sprinkle of what APM said.

what is your answer?

if the name were removed and the question was asked, does the office of POTUS.... would that change your answers?

I hate that it has come to this......

Feb 1, 2017, 8:44 AM

but what is happening now is almost directly because of stunts that Obama, Pelosi and Reid pulled.

- Obama (and yes, others before him) with his torrent of Executive Orders, defying Congress and sometimes the will of the people. Trump is simply taking advantage of precedent set for him. But this practice should be severely curbed and limited to emergencies only, not used for social justice issues or oil drilling regulations.

- Reid with his short-sighted "nuclear option" to shove HIS nominees through. Turnabout is fair play, Harry. Dumb, dumb move. Very damaging.

- Pelosi with her famous Obamacare "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it". I'm not sure it will be possible for anyone to ever mutter anything more stupid than that. This damaged the people's trust of Congress tremendously. Not sure if we will ever get over that.

Yes, presidents should have less power. But what we have going on now is basically Obama, Pelosi, and Reid's legacy....with the operative word being:

can you name on EO that Trump put forward that

Feb 1, 2017, 8:46 AM

should have been law instead?

Build wall - that's a temporary policy that only costs 30 billion. We poop that in a day.
refugee ban - thats only 120 days
banning lobbyists for 5 yrs - i'd rather that be law. The next pres can eliminate that quickly
hiring more border agents - again no law needed.
order to retore keystone, which was just stopped.
TPP - that wasn't a law anyway so an EO is appropriate.
a new holiday - uh ok

I'm sure there more that I'm not thinking of
My point is, I will be against him ordering an EO that really should be a law.
So far I haven't seen an EO from him that a law was needed except maybe the lobby 5 yrs ban.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paris climate control.

Feb 1, 2017, 8:56 AM

Mostly he's undoing what Obama did.

what new holiday?

Feb 1, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to can you name on EO that Trump put forward that ]

did he make the monday after the super bowl a holiday?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

This too shall pass.

Feb 1, 2017, 8:47 AM

For part of our history we had a very powerful congress and Presidents with very limited power.

Eventually (probably not in this decade or maybe even our lifetime) Congress will begin to function as a Congress should and the Executive branch will no longer NEED EO's to get things done which can lead way to a weak executive branch once again.

I like your funny words magic man

Did I not make the instructions clear enough?

Feb 1, 2017, 9:06 AM

It's a ####### poll. Pick a letter.

Z***

Feb 1, 2017, 9:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You gonna bich if I add a qualifier?***

Feb 1, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Did I not make the instructions clear enough? ]

B

Feb 1, 2017, 9:26 AM

And for the record, I wasn't a Trump supporter at all until just within the last few months. I'm not happy about it, but there it is.

Didn't you change your handle?***

Feb 1, 2017, 3:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Yes he did. Used to be King of the Hotards.

Feb 1, 2017, 4:10 PM

Oh, is 'Hotards' a bad thing?

No, just went missing for years.***

Feb 2, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Didn't you change your handle?*** ]

Welcome back.***

Feb 2, 2017, 1:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

"Elections have consequences"

Feb 2, 2017, 11:57 AM

Said one really kewl kat.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic