Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion would have been a program changer.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,381

Zion would have been a program changer.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:46 PM

I know likely one and done, but his commitment would have been a “Spiller-esque” type, program changing player on the hard court for us.

Much like the football team is now, Tiger basketball would be showcased in every highlight and in every living room. Tough for next up to ignore the Orange and White.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zion would have been a program changer.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:51 PM

I like where our program is going but I’m a football guy 1st and last

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he wouldn't have...He'd only be here 6 months and it

Nov 27, 2018, 10:53 PM

would all the attention would only be on him...Ben Simmons did nothing to raise LSU's profile

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it wouldn't have hurt our program..it would only have helped

Nov 28, 2018, 2:06 PM

And ben simmons was no zion williamson from a marketing perspective. There were not prominent mainstream entertainers wearing Ben Simmons jerseys in photo shoots.. Zion at Clemson would have been amazing.

probation helps no one guy***

Nov 28, 2018, 4:42 PM

Yeah, but Clemson can’t compete with the blue bloods of

Nov 27, 2018, 11:10 PM

College basketball when they shoe companies buying players for them. Until the FBI decides to go after a Coach K or Bill Self and put them in prison college basketball will be corrupt and Clemson has zero chance to sign elite players.

Yep, pretty much...The UNC verdict and the FBI investigation

Nov 28, 2018, 12:23 AM

have pretty much ruined CBB for me...I'll still support my Tigers, but I have zero illusions that CBB isn't as rigged as wrasslin

Re: Yep, pretty much...The UNC verdict and the FBI investigation

Nov 28, 2018, 7:20 AM

Shack, I certainly hope you are referring to college basketball and not Coach Brad when you use the acronym CBB.

I would hope anybody reading would be smart enough to see

Nov 28, 2018, 1:29 PM

the context I used CBB in and determine which I was referring to...If some #### thinks I was referring to Brad, so be it

Nov 28, 2018, 12:46 AM

CBB retained his integrity while recruiting Zion. Zion asked for money at Kansas. Zion's mom got a 6 figure job in Durham working in a non profit medical foundation. Must be a great job market in Durham. Zion will be gone in April 19.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the first I've heard about his mother's job

Nov 28, 2018, 1:25 AM

Re: Exactly ^^

Nov 28, 2018, 11:30 AM

The funny thing about all the hater posts in this thread is that if he did become a Tiger they'd be loving him and talking about how he's the best ever.

LOL...

Love our bball Team and University as is, go Tigers!!

I'll support anybody that plays BB for us, but I'm glad he

Nov 28, 2018, 1:35 PM

took his crooked circus somewhere else and if that makes me a hater in your eyes. I'm good with that...Clemson Basketball needs REAL fans, not a bunch of bandwagon tards who only show up for the spectacle and bounce when the wind changes

who gives two craps about the fans..its the program that

Nov 28, 2018, 2:13 PM

gets the upgrade. The Clemson football program sure pulled in a crap-ton of fans with the superstar athletes of the past 10-12 years...pretty sure there are alot of bandwagoners in that group.

I don't care about the fans as much,, its the fans that were supposedly complaining about a 21 pt win against Carolina the other day. The program and its trajectory is what gets the bump with big name athletes signing and that usually creates a wave of others to follow.

Now if we had to pay to play then no i'm not on board with that. But to act like you don't want Zion b/c of the circus is the same as saying we're good with staying right where we've always been.

You're an idiot if you don't think he would have gotten us

Nov 28, 2018, 4:41 PM

investigated...What kind of Bump did Simmons provide LSU?

Which is why i stated above that if you had to Pay to Play

Nov 29, 2018, 10:43 AM

to get him then obviously it would not be good to get him. I'm speaking about how there is this pervasive idea that we don't need to worry about a one and done type player b/c they won't help us at all b/c they'll leave. Thats asinine in the least. And especially a guy with reputation and excitement level of Zion Williamson. Coupled with the talent that we already had on the team, we would have been a legit contender for the conference and for the deep tourney run. To say we are content with just the same ole same ole talent level at Clemson is not a choice its all we'll ever get. Zion would have possibly got us to a new talent pool had he been a Tiger. And possibly is better than nothing.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.. says Freddy Dodge.

Do you think Ben Simmons was a negative for LSU? If so, how? They $ucked before he got there so what would you have turned him down and said we'd rather $ucked with our usual scrubs? Whats that?

He wouldn't have changed our program, other than to put us

Nov 29, 2018, 12:05 PM

on probation...This Never Never land you live in, where Zion wasn't a pay for play simply doesn't exist...My comments are based on reality, not some pipe dream about the next LeBron turning around Clemson's fortunes in 6 months with zero backlash

but i'm talking about your opinion of "one and doners" in

Nov 29, 2018, 5:49 PM

general. There are always a handful of Tnetters who act like they're useless b/c they're done in one year. Like they don't help anything. That's the fantasy land. If you don't think Zion or a future prospect like him wont upgrade our program in the eyes of future recruits on on-court success then i got nothing for you other than to tell you please don't apply to be a recruiter at Clemson.

You're stuck on the probation stuff which is obvious that you wouldn't take him or anyone who will get you in trouble. I agree if that's you're only point.

Yes, he certainly would.

Nov 28, 2018, 7:27 AM

He would have been the first BB player in five decades who was above going to class, doing his academic work outside class, obeying all Clemson standards, rules and ethics demands without repercussions. He might have opened a floodgate of players who only come to Clemson to escape character demands Clemson sacrificed to get Zion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ame one football power that is also a basketball power?

Nov 28, 2018, 1:41 PM

not many, at least consistently. Very hard to do both. Florida did it for a while. Ohio State in some years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:57 PM

He used Clemson for payment negotiations. I, too, am glad that Coach B kept clean.

Nov 28, 2018, 2:08 PM

I was wrong. I said he was a one and done and I didn't mind not getting him. That said, he isn't your normal one and done though. Yeah he would have been a program changer. I agree. I was wrong.

Nice, but out of our budget

Nov 28, 2018, 2:16 PM

Now if he could play a little Tight End too..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to say this, but the “mercenary” nature of MBB

Nov 28, 2018, 2:21 PM

has really hurt my interest. I’m happy that Clemson did well last year, and I get that BB has to do what he has to do to win, but all the transfers with a couple years to play really makes it hard for me to look at them the same as the kids who pick Clemson to start with. And the one-anddone crowd talking about the most effective way to establish their brand is the same.

As transfer rules for football become for flexible and college “free agency” becomes a reality, ill feel the same way, I suppose.

null

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,381
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic