Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
wouldn't it be crazy if Chase Brice shocks the world
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

wouldn't it be crazy if Chase Brice shocks the world

Aug 12, 2017, 7:24 AM

and wind the starting job by the end of camp? pulls a "Cullen Harper" if you will... Even if he doesn't, there's something to this kid. He handles pressure well and is self motivated in preparation. Sounds like somebody else that just came through here...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He certainly doesn't mind the competition...***

Aug 12, 2017, 7:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wouldn't it be crazy if Chase Brice shocks the world

Aug 12, 2017, 7:32 AM

He's definitely got all the tools. Just watch the videos of him in HS with all of the competition they faced, the throws he can make - and were 7A state champs. He comes from a good program in Grayson...he's smart, well-coached. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he won the job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2017, 8:13 AM

You are sooo right. He was the most underrated qb coming out this cycle. Should have had another star by his name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chase Brice shocks the world- is very good

Aug 12, 2017, 8:15 AM

or there wouldnt be a number of banks all over the country named for him. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, he beat Jake Buttley head to head

Aug 12, 2017, 8:18 AM

In the Atlanta Elite 11 competition and kept Bentley out of the finals.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Aug 12, 2017, 8:43 AM

Yes, it is great when what you wish for comes true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2017, 8:58 AM

Barring an absolute collapse. KB is starting game one. He's had his best camp to date and as some heard Larry Williams say last week on the radio that he has tightened his grip on the job

I agree, KB is probably the guy

Aug 12, 2017, 9:52 AM

I just think we hit on Brice. He seems to have all the right stuff. I'm amazed how we're stacking QBs one on top of the other while entire conferences **cough cough SEC** hardly have any

Aug 12, 2017, 9:04 AM

if he beats out those three and earns the job, that'll be fine with me. I want the best handling our offense and another trip to the NATTY and bringing it home again would be awesome!!

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consider this: Chase Brice is probably one of the 10 highest

Aug 12, 2017, 10:00 AM

rated QBs we've ever had coming out of high school; over most of our football history, he would be considered a crowning jewel of a recruiting class, and we would all be having visions of him leading us to glory at some point. He would be a QB we could build around. Now we are in a situation (and it's a good one), where he may very well be that good, but never start a single game at Clemson. I'm not saying he won't, as I have no idea how good he really is or how this whole QB thing will shake out; I'm just pointing out how deep and talented we are at QB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

"text that Brice hit Higgins on a big TD play." Scrimmage***

Aug 12, 2017, 1:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Consider this: Chase Brice is probably one of the 10 highest

Aug 12, 2017, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Consider this: Chase Brice is probably one of the 10 highest ]

> rated QBs we've ever had coming out of high school;
> over most of our football history, he would be
> considered a crowning jewel of a recruiting class,
> and we would all be having visions of him leading us
> to glory at some point. He would be a QB we could
> build around. Now we are in a situation (and it's a
> good one), where he may very well be that good, but
> never start a single game at Clemson. I'm not saying
> he won't, as I have no idea how good he really is or
> how this whole QB thing will shake out; I'm just
> pointing out how deep and talented we are at QB.

I've been told he's a slightly-better, more-polished version of Cole Stoudt (who was actually pretty durn talented physically, and who certainly had the bloodlines) minus the confidence problem and with a whole heap of ice-water in the veins.

Biggest problem with Stoudt was always confidence, apparently, and he and Morris did not mesh well, especially that final senior season, where it really did come across sometimes like Morris really wanted to be coaching his upcoming prodigy in Deshaun Watson. Hard to blame Morris, but Stoudt did catch more than a bit of bad timing in the process.

So yeah, don't sleep on Chase Brice. He's the sort of guy who you turn around is your starter in a year or two and is just killing it.

Way more talented than Stoudt.

Aug 12, 2017, 2:52 PM

On a different note, I think aside from his footwork that he looked better than Johnson in his camp film. He looks like he is still growing some. I think he will be great at one point in college. Somewhere in the NFL draft material.

Aug 12, 2017, 1:22 PM

He's a winner, point blank.

He will not

Aug 13, 2017, 1:50 PM

Camp won't reveal who the best QB is.

Aug 13, 2017, 6:20 PM

I agree everyone is overlooking him. He is not being mentioned and was highly recruited

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic