Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Eleven Warriors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Eleven Warriors

Dec 8, 2019, 2:43 PM

Hey, Ohio State fan here and wanted to say we are excited to play Clemson in the Semifinals. Although I feel like OSU will win the game I feel that this game will be good and will determine this year’s champion. I wanted to invite to our fan-site at www.elevenwarriors.com so you can interact with some level headed osu fans. SN: Don’t go over to bucknuts they are not a true representation of our fanbase.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should think that your team will win.

Dec 8, 2019, 2:44 PM

But you won’t.

Good year nonetheless! You guys have a great team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should think that your team will win.

Dec 8, 2019, 2:46 PM

we love defeating undefeated, greatest teams in history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 8, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to You should think that your team will win. ]

We shall see! Here’s to a game free of injuries. Good luck!

Dec 8, 2019, 3:51 PM

Really cool of you to come on here with the invite. Just come back after the game to congratulate us. OSU doesn’t have the speed on either side of the ball to compete with Clemson, nor will OSU secondary be able to cover Clemson WR’s. That’s before TE9 even comes into play. The biggest problem OSU is going to have though, is Clemson’s defense. No defense Fields & Co have seen even comes close to what’s coming. Clemson will leave no doubt in this game and thank the Buckeyes for showing up.

Congratulations on the B1G Championship, but, honestly, that’s where it ends this season.

how good are your DB's, and who's the best passing team

Dec 8, 2019, 2:47 PM

you've faced?

Re: how good are your DB's, and who's the best passing team

Dec 8, 2019, 2:53 PM

you've faced?

Our Dbs are elite but can be beat in man vs man every once in awhile. I assume clemson has the wideouts to give our dbs a tough fight. Jeffrey Okudah will be a top 10 pick this year. If shaun wade were to declare he would be a top 20 pick. Damon arnette will be a second round pick this year he is good but can be frustrated into making boneheaded penalties which cost the team.

thanks! which team has posed a passing threat closest

Dec 8, 2019, 2:56 PM

to Clemson?

Re: thanks! which team has posed a passing threat closest

Dec 8, 2019, 3:03 PM

to Clemson?

I would say that there is not a team osu has faced with the passing fire power of clemson. However, I believe Michigan’s wideouts have similar talent although under utilized until that latter part of the season. Osu will have to play an A game on defense to beat Clemson. I have no doubt that they will be ready with a quick pass rush that is devastating. Clemson can not drop back for more than 3 seconds. They will have to utilize screens and slants attacking the lbs.

if you over-attack Lawrence, he will run and run well.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:06 PM

Bring the house. I dare ya :)

Re: if you over-attack Lawrence, he will run and run well.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:11 PM

Here’s the thing osu, does not have to blitz to get to Lawrence. No disrespect to your oline, but our front 4 is very fast strong and deep as a unit. Clemson will have to throw the ball quickly and try to take advantage of lbs in space. Etienne will have to attack the middle of the d line running the ball because osu has elite speed from side to side.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:33 PM

BlockO said:

Here’s the thing osu, does not have to blitz to get to Lawrence. No disrespect to your oline, but our front 4 is very fast strong and deep as a unit. Clemson will have to throw the ball quickly and try to take advantage of lbs in space. Etienne will have to attack the middle of the d line running the ball because osu has elite speed from side to side.

Write this down and comeback and tell me I was wrong - my over/under for number of sacks by Young is 2 and I'm taking under.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 3:40 PM

I actually agree with you. I think young will have 0 sacks but his presence will allow other teammates to get a few sacks in this game. Clemson I assume will dedicate 2 linemen to block young which will take away sacks but not his effectiveness.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:53 PM

Clemson won’t dedicate 2 OL to him, nor will they need to. Jackson Carman will own him all game.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: if you over-attack Lawrence, he will run and run well. ]

You sadly underestimate our OL. Just can't wait until they get that chip on their shoulder. After watching a couple Buckeye games, I know if I saw a Buckeye offensive weakness, the Clemson coaches have known for a while

Dec 8, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks! which team has posed a passing threat closest ]

If you think the Michigan receivers are close to the Clemson receivers, you need stop watching football and concentrate on Buckeye basketball.

The other half of that story is who is at QB - not Patterson for sure.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:31 PM

No i was saying that there are no wrs in the class of clemson we have faced and that Michigan’s were the closest- although not very close due to bad coaching.

OSU has excellent CBs

Dec 8, 2019, 2:54 PM [ in reply to how good are your DB's, and who's the best passing team ]

We'll play 4 WRs and attack their safeties.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So you’re thinking Clemson will win 31-3 instead of 31-0 this time?***

Dec 8, 2019, 2:57 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you’re thinking Clemson will win 31-3 instead of 31-0 this time?***

Dec 8, 2019, 3:06 PM

I think this is a tongue-in-cheek comment but I’ll oblige. Not only do I think this game is close, I believe osu has the horses to beat Clemson this season. However, I believe both teams are the best teams in the country and can beat anyone on any given day. With that being said, don’t expect a blowout on either side.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:16 PM

Apparently an OSU fan with some class has taken an opportunity to talk football with us. It remains to be seen if we can continue to respond in kind.

Block O - welcome. It seems to me that spreading the filed is to our advantage. Which of your opponents would you say had the most wide open attacking offense ? I would like to go back and watch that game.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:24 PM

Apparently an OSU fan with some class has taken an opportunity to talk football with us. It remains to be seen if we can continue to respond in kind.

Block O - welcome. It seems to me that spreading the filed is to our advantage. Which of your opponents would you say had the most wide open attacking offense ? I would like to go back and watch that game.

Thank you for the warm welcome! Honestly, there was really not a team this year that has been able to spread osu out with regular success. The closest was Michigan who has talented wrs but a ###### qb. One staple with Jeff haffley this season has been his ability to change scheme on the go. He may get beat for a couple of series but he quickly is able to move his defense into a position to succeed. I think clemson has one of the most talented offenses but will have to play chess with jeff hafley.

Welcome aboard Tnet, but...

Dec 8, 2019, 3:11 PM

Here's the deal. You guys play slow, big-footed, fat boy football, the typical B1G game...We are going to win that contest, straight up, every single time...Fields or no Fields. We have become masters at neutralizing the "one man team QB" syndrome. All of that should be obvious to you by now.

Now that doesn't mean you can't beat Clemson, it's just that you're going to have to get out of your big-foot bubble and scheme your brains out. That's what Mack Brown did. His whole aim during the off season and after he took the UNC job was to scheme a way to beat Clemson, thus putting the ultimate feather in his cap and sealing his name in coaching infamy.

And he almost pulled it off...with a little help from Trevor and our missed field goals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this will be the best playoff to date

Dec 8, 2019, 3:17 PM

I can honestly see all 4 teams winning the championship. I can’t believe people are sleeping on OU as much as they are.

Our game will be a great battle for sure. I think Ohio State is a fantastic team but I’m curious how Day will do on the big stage and if he will “press” a bit. Nothing against him, but that can happen with a new coach in a winner take all game.

Lots of NFL talent on the field in AZ in a few weeks. Can’t wait to see what happens but both teams have had a historic year and should be proud of that.

Re: I think this will be the best playoff to date

Dec 8, 2019, 3:29 PM

I can honestly see all 4 teams winning the championship. I can’t believe people are sleeping on OU as much as they are.

Our game will be a great battle for sure. I think Ohio State is a fantastic team but I’m curious how Day will do on the big stage and if he will “press” a bit. Nothing against him, but that can happen with a new coach in a winner take all game.

Lots of NFL talent on the field in AZ in a few weeks. Can’t wait to see what happens but both teams have had a historic year and should be proud of that.

I might be crazy but I see Oklahoma beating LSU outright. LSU can indeed win it all but they have to be careful in overlooking OU. I actually preferred playing clemson not because they are a worse team but because a team as talented as Clemson will get 100% focus from your team. This is a crazy year in that all top 3 teams have a claim to stating this is the best team they have ever had.

No doubt. Our game will be a heavyweight bout and the best team will win.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:33 PM

Good luck to your team. Hopefully some here on TNet won’t scare you and your fans away. I always enjoy opposing fans coming over to intelligently talk about the game.

Re: No doubt. Our game will be a heavyweight bout and the best team will win.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:36 PM

Good luck to your team. Hopefully some here on TNet won’t scare you and your fans away. I always enjoy opposing fans coming over to intelligently talk about the game.

Thank you so much!!! Good luck to y’all as well!

Re: Eleven Warriors

Dec 8, 2019, 3:37 PM

I’m interested in seeing how they handle the CFP atmosphere in which our Tigers call home. That experience is priceless. We are in everybody’s head. As the kids say... FACTS!

Dec 8, 2019, 3:44 PM

Haha facts indeed! Clemson has the experience which works in their favor. OSU cannot get get too confident and they cannot get too down on themselves when a series or 2 does go their way. I believe in the seniors to help stabilize the team.But if the experience is too much for osu I would look for clemson to take advantage.

Best two teams in the country I agree.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:38 PM

How much do you think this team will feed on the last Fiesta Bowl we played? Is it still recent enough to provide motivation for the players?

I don't think it'll have a huge impact since everyone should be up to play for a national title, but curious.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best two teams in the country I agree.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:47 PM

Honestly, if you need motivation to play for a title- you do not belong there. However, osu does have 7 players on the roster from that game who have stated they remember the bad feeling from that game. I don’t expect revenge to be a big factor. Clemson was just the better team.

Dec 8, 2019, 3:56 PM

So we can hear about how many ranked teams you beat and how complete the Buckeyes are ?

Dec 8, 2019, 4:25 PM

For what it's worth, Ohio had 2 first round DBs last time around in the fiesta that picked off Watson twice I believe. Lawrence is more careful with the ball and we have a better group of receivers overall and a better RB. Better back 7. Defensive line is the thing that worries me

Hey brother...y'all all thought y'all would win the last 3

Dec 8, 2019, 4:46 PM

times.....

History Would Say Otherwise....Also Day is Still Super Green

Dec 8, 2019, 4:48 PM

I Think you would beat any other team in the 4 but Clemson, absent a slip should win by 6+

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lost me when you said you're going to win!

Dec 8, 2019, 4:52 PM

See U in AZ..0-31 & 0-3 All-time with Clemson!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic