Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't care that people think UGA is the better team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I don't care that people think UGA is the better team

Dec 2, 2018, 8:19 AM

Oklahoma and Ohio State won. They both only have one loss. No one can "speculate" that UGA would absolutely beat either on them with certainty. The game must be played. UGA fell short. period.

Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Oklahoma

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I don't care that people think UGA is the better team

Dec 2, 2018, 8:24 AM

So we are back to the BCS type formula and no better off than when it was the system used. Main criteria is 4 BEST Teams now, with that in mind UGA is better than OU and tOSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are proposing a BCS system more than I am

Dec 2, 2018, 8:28 AM

You think that someone should just be voted into the playoff because you "feel" they are the better team. You do not have any magic tea leaves. You cannot see the future any better than anyone else. You cannot know what has not happened yet.

BUT, you can, if you would, accept what has happened and REWARD that. UGA is NOT deserving of a playoff spot. Unless, of course, you want the BCS "I was vote in because people liek me better" scenario to be real.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are proposing a BCS system more than I am

Dec 2, 2018, 8:40 AM

And you feel they should be left out for YOUR opinion, same thing if you look objectively. BCS a loss automatically moved you down ,the CFP is supposed to eliminate that line of thinking, a line you expouse in fact. 4 BEST TEAMS, all other criteria are to be used when it is close. Either way it goes is fine but if they fail to use 4 BEST Teams as main criteria it is the BCS. Just a fact.

No clue what 'objectively' means, huh?***

Dec 2, 2018, 8:45 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA isn’t getting in. They lost to LSU by 20 and still had a

Dec 2, 2018, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: You are proposing a BCS system more than I am ]

chance BECAUSE of the playoff system. They blew it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You think that! You don't KNOW that!!***

Dec 2, 2018, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't care that people think UGA is the better team ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 8:24 AM

I think you are spot on.

Dec 2, 2018, 8:28 AM

If Ga gets in what was the point of yesterdays game? Them and Bama should have just pulled an ND and sit on the couch eating pizza yesterday and end up in. What type message is that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 8:30 AM

Yestedays game was for the SEC Championship. The playoff is for the 4 best teams some think.

Dec 2, 2018, 8:29 AM

Northwestern sucks.Of course Ohio State won. Texas has 4 losses. Was that a great accomplishment for Oklahoma? Was beating Pitt for us a big deal? I am not saying Georgia should be in, but ;et's not carried away with conference championships. Personally, I would like to see Oklahoma or Ohio State in over Gerogia, because I think it would be more interesting than a Georgia vs Bama rematch. I think Geroogia is one of the 4 best. I prefer they are left out though. Bama plays the Sooners. Bama blows them out. We play ND and get by them. Bama vs Clemson final.

Dec 2, 2018, 8:31 AM

I think Bama vs Oklahoma would be a better game than most give credit. In fact, I think Oklahoma just might beat Bama - on the scoreboard. But that is where it counts. Defense only whens championships if it can stop the other team from scoring more than them.

Dec 2, 2018, 8:36 AM

I think Oklahoma could make it a game if they can put over 50 on Bama's D, because I know Bama can put 50 on the Sooners D which is about at the level of the Coots D. Before yesterday, the sooners gave up over 40 points 4 games in a row. My prediction, Bama 57 and the Sooners 27.

I hope we get to see that game

Dec 2, 2018, 8:39 AM

then we will know. But, I think Bama could very easily beat OU too....just like Clemson did - Twice! :)

Re: I hope we get to see that game

Dec 2, 2018, 8:47 AM

I agree. I think we will get that game. On a different note, I think the worst team out of last 6 teams is Notre Dame. That would be a real let down to lose to them.

Dec 2, 2018, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't care that people think UGA is the better team ]

Well put and completely accurate. Only game that really matched up 2 worthy teams was the SEC. Say what you want but UGA is better than OU and tOSU.

Because UGA out of conference schedule proves it?

Dec 2, 2018, 8:42 AM

or the SEC as a whole?

Dec 2, 2018, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't care that people think UGA is the better team ]

If UGA gets in, they shouldn’t be higher than #4. The rematch should be forced in the semi. I’ll bet the TV ratings would be terrible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Why should UGA get a 2nd chance against Bama?

Dec 2, 2018, 8:52 AM

They had their chance to win and get into the playoff and failed. I'm sick of "good" losses counting more than wins. What UGA proved to me is that they choked...twice this season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 2, 2018, 8:55 AM

I agree with you but UGA appears to be the better team...this is the flaw in the current system...they are mandated to put in the four best teams...before yesterday’s games, the committee deemed UGA to be better than OU and tOSU...then UGA barely loses to the best team in the country by the committees standards and the other two win against inferior competition...IMHO nothing happened yesterday that should change the rankings from
Last week and I actually think UGA is one of the four best teams...therefore by the current systems rules...UGA should get in and have a rematch with Bama...

Now, I think it’s rediculous that we are even having this discussion and it’s even a possibility for this to happen...the system is flawed and has a bad mandate...

The 5 power 5 conference champs should get an auto berth every year and then a 6th team licked form the non power 5 conferences...seed them and play with 1&2 getting byes!!!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic