Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morris and Steele pleased with second half
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,314

Sep 3, 2011, 9:18 PM

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele each said they were pleased with the second half turnarounds, but know there is work to be done. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morris and Steele pleased with second half

Sep 3, 2011, 11:40 PM

4th and 1 play at the goal line was a "power I." Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like a spread with a QB keeper.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

yep...

Sep 4, 2011, 7:41 AM

“One thing that concerned me was that we went for it down there on fourth-and-one and didn’t get it,” he said. “We were in the Power I - that’s our bread and butter. That’s being hard-nosed, playing physical football. That is something we are going to look at and study why that happened.”

Didn't look like the power I to me.

It was a shotgun with an empty backfield. Allen went in motion (I assume to block for Boyd) and I thought Watkins cam across as a fake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep...

Sep 4, 2011, 7:46 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10926770#10926770

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep...

Sep 4, 2011, 7:46 AM [ in reply to yep... ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=10926774#10926774

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't look like power I to me either. Run the power I out

Sep 4, 2011, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris and Steele pleased with second half ]

of the shotgun?

HUH?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

No, Morris is wrong. Maybe he called a power I and the call

Sep 4, 2011, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris and Steele pleased with second half ]

got "overruled" by the head cheerleader, but it most definitely was not power I. I dont recall seeing power I all day long.

You are a disgrace--such a #####***

Sep 4, 2011, 9:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: No, Morris is wrong. Maybe he called a power I and the call

Sep 4, 2011, 9:46 AM [ in reply to No, Morris is wrong. Maybe he called a power I and the call ]

maybe you should have watched more closely. they were in the power i on first down then spread it back out for some unknown reason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the Power I. It was a Power play.

Sep 4, 2011, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris and Steele pleased with second half ]

With the backside guard pulling and the QB running between the guard and tackle. We actually ran it two times in a row and got stuffed both times. Thats pretty unacceptable for our OL.

Sep 4, 2011, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris and Steele pleased with second half ]

The defense looked like shiot the whole game.

If you watch the interview...

Sep 4, 2011, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Morris and Steele pleased with second half ]

Morris actually didn't say "power I", he said "power". The reporter got it wrong.

If we insist on going with the shotgun in those goal line

Sep 4, 2011, 7:45 AM

situations, we need to look at how Florida used Tebow with two other guys in the backfield to blow open holes.

Sep 4, 2011, 11:11 AM

The 2 plays in a row on the goal line are what I have been preaching about for a long time. Our OL needs to be tough enough to get the 3rd and the 4th and 1 yards for a change. Think about it, this was Troy we were playing, and we didn't get the score. I hope they are as embarrassed by this as I am. I believe our OL is getting better, and I like our coaches, but we need to be able to count on and expect to make those types of plays. I do believe we are getting there, but the OL, and the DL need a gut check.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2011, 2:25 PM

The offensive line played great yesterday. Giving up sacks and not being able to push for 1 yard against Troy. It's a good thing we got rid of Brad Scott ;)

Sep 4, 2011, 10:56 PM

You are right. It is a great thing we replaced Brad Scott. He has been doing a poor coaching job for years. Our OL may not get all the 1 yard plays we need, but they will come a lot closer in the future than we've been in the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic