Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No More Paper Tickets...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

No More Paper Tickets...

Jan 5, 2018, 9:32 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/01/03/college-football-playoff-title-game-require-most-fans-use-mobile-devices-tickets/1000632001/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope that works better than boarding passes. Has the

Jan 5, 2018, 9:39 AM

potential to take forever to get into that game!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So effin stupid. I love all of my souvenir tickets***

Jan 5, 2018, 9:49 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So effin stupid. I love all of my souvenir tickets***

Jan 5, 2018, 10:00 AM

You don't use the souvenir ticket to get into the game anyway. You get it in the mail weeks later.

I've used souvenir tickets at the following games:

Jan 5, 2018, 10:27 AM

2014 Orange Bowl
2015 Orange Bowl
2015 National Championship
2017 National Championship
2018 Sugar Bowl

IPTAY might mail them late, but plenty of people still have tickets on Gameday.

You do when there is time for IPTAY to mail them, like 2018

Jan 5, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: So effin stupid. I love all of my souvenir tickets*** ]

Sugar Bowl for one.

Idiotic - especially to try rolling that out

Jan 5, 2018, 10:07 AM

For the biggest game of the year. People should be able to print from home to divvy up with their party. We're often going in at different times for games with the kiddos and all. Relying on a f-ing phone an hour before the game is BS. The line for the print at stadium box office will probably be a nightmare. I could see albeit for different reasons this turning into a situation like the ACC championship a few years back where people couldn't get in until halfway through the 1st quarter.

Disagree

Jan 5, 2018, 10:20 AM

The inconvenience that some will suffer for the first couple of times this is used is far trumped by removing the possibility of scammers stealing thousands of dollars from people.

Snowflake Basher........Out

An electronic ticket will be just as easy to scam. It's not

Jan 5, 2018, 11:41 AM

going to solve that problem.

That is completely false

Jan 5, 2018, 12:31 PM

Electronic tickets could be created such that each ticket is tracked from the same server and each time the ticket is purchased or transferred, the records are updated and the code of the ticket is modified so that only the most up-to-date code is able to be transferred again or scanned in.

If the CFP is smart, they will create their own hosting app and host all of the tickets from their own server.

Having said all of this, it is completely possible (and likely) that they find a way to screw it up and it ends up being worse than paper tickets.

The Charlotte thing got blown out of proportion.

Jan 5, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Idiotic - especially to try rolling that out ]

People who got into the game late showed up at the last minute, and then wanted to blame someone because they didn't get their way.

I got in line about 45 minutes before kickoff and got in to see some pre-game warmups. Not too bad.

Absolutely necessary

Jan 5, 2018, 10:19 AM

The ticket scamming that has occurred over the past few years at these big games has been ridiculous. I saw some punks walking around Tampa with stacks of printed off tickets trying to sell them to people. No way they could afford 100+ tickets at >$1k a piece.

The process will be clunky the first time, but then they will get better at it and in a few years it will probably be faster and easier. Anybody that doesn't like the progress towards using new technology needs to stop yelling at kids to get off their lawn.

Re: Absolutely necessary***

Jan 5, 2018, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Absolutely necessary***

Jan 5, 2018, 10:28 AM

This is going to be tough for folks like...

Jan 5, 2018, 10:30 AM

hartins®. I don't think the Jitter Bug has that feature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I'm pretty sure this is his only "phone"

Jan 5, 2018, 10:32 AM

Let Ticketmaster dream on...

Jan 5, 2018, 11:36 AM

There will be 40,000 paper tickets distributed by the schools and more that were presold.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let Ticketmaster dream on...

Jan 5, 2018, 12:49 PM

> There will be 40,000 paper tickets distributed by the
> schools and more that were presold.
> .

Alabama did not issue paper tickets. Tickets had to be transferred via Ticketmaster.

this was done for ticketmasters resale biz and to undercut

Jan 5, 2018, 1:18 PM

stubhub- this is not good for individual resellers. Also, it's stupid to buy a paper ticket from anyone but you should be able to buy a ticket electronically and then print it and convert a paper back to electronic by contacting the original server and re-issuing under a new barcode. I've never had any problems with this. I've used mobile tix as well.

I'm glad I have tickets from 15 and 16. the end of an era***

Jan 5, 2018, 12:33 PM

One problem with this they didn't consider.

Jan 5, 2018, 2:19 PM

They're assuming the fans of these two schools are technologically savvy enough to handle this.

That's a legitimate issue or that everyone wants

Jan 5, 2018, 2:33 PM

To take a device into the game. My kids didn't take their devices(1 doesn't have a phone yet)into Tampa last year. If I didn't take the battery pack from the car, my wife's would have been dead. So what now I'm supposed to hold up a line with all tix on my phone and then write my kids section row and seat on him so he knows where to go. There is a better mixed solution to combat fraud. Ticketmaster just using that as a cover to take a bite out of stub gun- I expect major foul ups and backlash. This is something you rollout at a UGA- Vandy game not the NC.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic