Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Adrian Baker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,348

Adrian Baker

Aug 14, 2015, 3:44 PM

I haven't heard his name in a long time. Is he still around? Isn't he "Primetime"?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I am!

Aug 14, 2015, 3:52 PM

LOL

All kidding aside, he's still on the team...or course.
And listed as 2nd team behind Alexander, while Carter seems
to be number #2 behind Tankersly.

Re: Adrian Baker

Aug 14, 2015, 4:19 PM

In 2014, played 46 snaps- appeared in four games and had two tackles and a pass breakup. Played 12 snaps against SC State on Sept. 6; it was his first career game. Played seven snaps against Georgia State on Nov. 22. Had one tackle in 11 snaps against No. 24 Oklahoma in the Russell Athletic Bowl on Dec. 29. Had an interception in the Spring Game.

“Mackensie Alexander plays the field corner with Adrian Baker and Kaleb Chalmers. Cordrea Tankersley, they've got him at the boundary corner with the free safety. It's Cordrea and Mark Fields.”

“Cordrea Tankersley, Ryan Carter, Marcus Edmond, Adrian Baker – those are our corners,” said Venables. “They’ve all done some really good things. Some guys have to add some strength to their game and improve in their coverage and technique. I like the group. We have some length there, we’ve got some speed there, we’ve got some toughness there.

A read- CB Adrian Baker, Hallandale, Fla. – RS Sophomore

Clemson was in contention for Baker when he committed to Florida State in July of 2012, before the start of his senior year at Chaminade-Madonna High School.

Led by defensive coordinator Brent Venables, Clemson continued its pursuit into the fall. So did a number of other schools, including Wisconsin, Nebraska, Tennessee and Louisville.

By November, he scheduled to take an official visit to Clemson in the second weekend of December. It was his first trip to the school. While over at Dabo Swinney’s house that Saturday night, Baker was among the first to learn that defensive backs coach Charlie Harbison would be leaving for Auburn.

After taking an official visit to Oklahoma the following weekend, Baker and Florida State parted ways. Clemson and Oklahoma were listed as the finalists for the three-star cornerback as he approached his signing day announcement.

Clemson, of course, edged out Oklahoma. But the choice wasn’t easy for Baker. On top of his interest in the program, Baker’s cousin, offensive lineman Davin Joseph, played for the Sooners.

“When it came down to it, I think Clemson was the best fit for me,” Baker said. “It’s the best place for me as a person and a football player.”

Baker was one of several signing day acquisitions for Clemson, which also included cornerbacks Mackensie Alexander and Ryan Carter, safety Korrin Wiggins and guard Tyrone Crowder.

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables served as Baker’s area recruiter. In addition to his continued pursuit, Swinney and newly-hired defensive backs coach Mike Reed also played significant roles down the stretch.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,348
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic