Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
anyone else think our defense is soft because of the offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

anyone else think our defense is soft because of the offense

Dec 12, 2012, 7:15 AM

all we practice against is flash and speed.

We play maybe 3 teams a year that are remotely physical.

We can't handle it when we do.

I won't cry if Chad leaves

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

No.

Dec 12, 2012, 7:22 AM

Our d is soft because there aren't emotional leaders. Bizarre, really.

fack i hope not. nuff crying going on in this place without

Dec 12, 2012, 7:22 AM

your water works.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

almost worth watching this fiasco

Dec 12, 2012, 7:23 AM

almost.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

no #### dude. wut happened round here? they lower the

Dec 12, 2012, 7:29 AM

drinkin age or somethin?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The statistics say yes

Dec 12, 2012, 7:24 AM

If you look at all teams with the fast break offense you find one common denominator with very very few exceptions and that is a less than stellar D. Auburn is really the only team I can think of that had a semi good defense running this offense and it was suspect as well. Auburn overcame it mainly due to Cam Newton who was a once in a 50 year type of guy. There will be a ton of fans who will dispute this assumption about the fast break offense leading to a weak defense but you simply cannot argue with statistics. I think its why we lose some of our big games in the 4th qtr.

Just ask OP.***

Dec 12, 2012, 7:30 AM

It's soft because of the coaching we had the past few yrs.***

Dec 12, 2012, 7:30 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell

Dec 12, 2012, 7:41 AM

Reader, Watkins, Crawford, or Jarrett that they are soft.

To their face.

Secondary was porous and there was no dominant pass rusher, but them kids are NOT soft.

Re: Tell

Dec 12, 2012, 11:37 AM

Of course a 5'10, 175 pound accountant or engineer isn't going to be able to handle a college football player.

The obvious question is whether they're soft relative to other tough programs.

Answer that one for yourself. I've seen the gametape.

Re: anyone else think our defense is soft because of the offense

Dec 12, 2012, 7:54 AM

No. No No.

You can play physical football with any type of offense.

Do you remember Urban Meyer and UF top 10 defense

Dec 12, 2012, 8:04 AM

Yeah they ran this system

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bryant, there are all kinds of spreads, you can throw it all

Dec 12, 2012, 8:13 AM

over like leach or read option like tebo/meyer.

you can use tempo like morris and malzahn do. it's that tempo that a lot of people think puts not only an opposing d, but your own d at a disadvantage.

Re: bryant, there are all kinds of spreads, you can throw it all

Dec 12, 2012, 11:42 AM

Exactly. Even what Oregon runs is vastly different from what we run.

Re: Do you remember Urban Meyer and UF top 10 defense

Dec 12, 2012, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Do you remember Urban Meyer and UF top 10 defense ]

First of all...just because most of the snaps are taken out of the shotgun doesn't mean we run the same system. Clemson, Oregon, Florida under Meyer, Texas Tech, Texas A&M...they all run VERY different systems in terms of philosophies and scheme. I won't take the time to cover those here...there are analyses all over the web. But let's assume that they are for a second.

Meyer had a badass o-line and a leader like CFB has never seen in Tim Tebow. We have neither. Meyer had Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Louis Murphy and Riley Cooper...who are just as talented as our skill players but are also proven at the NFL at this point.

Hard to compare just looking at that. That's not even talking about the defenses they had.

Hey everybody, come look...full retard's back!***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

it runs strong in the soccer crowd.***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:26 AM

Slinging their purses at opponents and pulling each other's

Dec 12, 2012, 8:30 AM

hair? Sounds just like jb

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

sippin his zima thru a straw cheering beckham 2020...

Dec 12, 2012, 8:41 AM

he probably woohoo'd everytime he got a c.

He cried when Kathie Lee left Regis, and he loves The View***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:47 AM

h3ll, elton john calls jonnyboy flamboyant...***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:58 AM

jb makes Liberace look like John Wayne***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:12 AM

the flowing robes, the grace, bald head...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:16 AM

striking really.

Hey, LAMA! How bout a little something for the effort?***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:19 AM

Nope***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:38 AM

STOP BLAMING THE OFFENSE

Dec 12, 2012, 9:12 AM

This D gets lit up from the opening kickoff. Its not just a facotor of fatigue

it's a contributing factor for that reason and becauase

Dec 12, 2012, 9:35 AM

the offense keeps the defense on the field all game, with little rest between series

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In general, the defense isn't soft.

Dec 12, 2012, 9:37 AM

Sure, there are soft spots. But the big issue all year long was blown coverage and missed assignments. That has nothing to do with the style of offense you practice against.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This aint rec ball...they do more at practice than

Dec 12, 2012, 11:34 AM

...offense/defense scrimmages...they prepare for each phase...

We stop the run better than we stop the pass

Dec 12, 2012, 11:36 AM

and we actually did a very good job stopping the run after the FSU game. Where is all this soft talk? We don't have enough soft guys because soft guys cover receivers. (See Deion Sanders for proof)

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic