Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can ACC schools hosting game sue SEC for breach of contract?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,152

Can ACC schools hosting game sue SEC for breach of contract?

Jul 31, 2020, 10:17 AM

3 out of the 4 games were ACC home games the only one on the road was GT@UGA. Can each ACC team sue the SEC team they were supposed to play for breach of contract? I think it would be seen in bad taste by the media due to taking advantage of a virus but I think it would be a slam dunk case. Even if the contracts had clauses of cancellation due to pandemic or unforeseen circumstances, I highly doubt that would hold up in court if you are playing 10 other games on the other hand. To me to qualify for the out due to unforeseen circumstance would mean you would be cancelling all of your games. How could you argue in court that its not safe to play a single game after you approve and deem it safe playing 10 games prior to that game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, then you'd have all non-P5 schools suing P5

Jul 31, 2020, 10:23 AM

conferences for breach of contract. I have never seen those contracts, but I am guessing there are a lot of out clauses in them that would hold up just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I wondered that as well, I saw an article in USA Today about

Jul 31, 2020, 10:39 AM

that possibility and the writer thought the nonpower 5 schools might have a strong case as well based on the same reasoning I mentioned above. How is it ok to play some games but not others, you either play or you dont. Now if you are unwilling to pay for proper testing protocols then that falls on you and you lose your case, but if you are then you should be able to play. My guess is some of the non power 5 schools want to preserve future relationships for future games and dont want to be blackballed by power 5 teams. Im still surprised at least one hasnt tried to my knowledge.

Re: Can ACC schools hosting game sue SEC for breach of contract?

Jul 31, 2020, 10:46 AM

Maybe for lost revenue.

Re: Can ACC schools hosting game sue SEC for breach of contract?

Jul 31, 2020, 11:26 AM

Probably the best you can get from the SEC - and I mean the very BEST you'll get - is to have next year's games be played at four neutral-site locations, with the teams splitting the tickets. I don't think the SEC will give up their home games next year just because they cheated the ACC teams out of their 2020 home games.

(Call me crazy if you wish, but I think the SEC and Big Ten decisions to cancel non-conference games both had a lot to do with who was at home and who was on the road...)

No.***

Jul 31, 2020, 3:26 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,152
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic