Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Former Clemson QB/OF released by Rockies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Former Clemson QB/OF released by Rockies

Apr 2, 2016, 11:12 AM

Former Clemson QB/OF released by Rockies

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BSB Update: Former Clemson QB/OF released by Rockies

Apr 2, 2016, 11:13 AM

I hope a team picks him up and gives him a chance. He could provide quality depth for a team that needs an additional outfielder.

really poor numbers. . .

Apr 2, 2016, 11:40 AM

I mean, he hasn't had a chance? 5 years? Maybe someone will take him for next to nothing . .but it doesn't look good.

Re: really poor numbers. . .

Apr 2, 2016, 12:01 PM

I can see the Braves taking a shot on him. Little minor league depth at the OF position and little to no pressure if he gets the call at some point this season. He has hit well at AAA. Worth a minor league contract.

Apr 2, 2016, 12:10 PM

He's definitely worth a shot and won't be without a job long.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2016, 4:55 PM [ in reply to really poor numbers. . . ]

He's had plenty of chances, you're right. But you're also talking about a club in the Rockies that has a pretty solid outfield and had a guy playing 1st for about 15 years who didn't suck (Todd Helton.) Tough to make the big league squad with that infront of you. Parker may be one of those career tweener guys who can never really latch on somewhere, but he has enough pop for another team to give him a chance next year, I'm sure.

Todd Helton retired in 2013, so that has nothing to do with

Apr 3, 2016, 1:21 PM

it.

Apr 2, 2016, 12:01 PM

He should of stuck with football

Apr 2, 2016, 4:57 PM

Yeah, but at 6'0" he wouldn't have a great chance at playing QB at the next level, no matter how good he was/could have been in his college years.

Anybody else think this kid had a chance to be an all conference QB and

Apr 2, 2016, 2:32 PM

Prbly would have been good enough to get drafted and have a chance to be a backup in the NFL for a few years.....

I know his sophomore year wasn't as good as his freshman year, but the supporting cast took a huge dip that year and he got hurt.

Re: Anybody else think this kid had a chance to be an all conference QB and

Apr 2, 2016, 2:40 PM

His production also dipped because after Nick Fairley and that dirty auburn D took all of those cheap shots, it was more about keeping his body safe and keeping his baseball draft stock high. He knew from day one which sport he was going to play longer, and that's too bad because he showed glimpses of being one hell of a quarterback.

It worked out the best, we had Tajh and the rest is...

Apr 3, 2016, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Anybody else think this kid had a chance to be an all conference QB and ]

history. Saved Clemson from the headache of having to deal with his helicopter parents.

No***

Apr 3, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Anybody else think this kid had a chance to be an all conference QB and ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Apr 2, 2016, 4:14 PM

Just a reminder of how competive it is in any sport at the highest level .

Apr 2, 2016, 4:24 PM

Many choices in life. Sometimes we make the right one and sometimes we make the wrong one. Who knows if he made the right choice. Maybe the football career would have been longer - maybe no. Anyway he's given it his best shot. Probably better to move on in life while he is still young. If it's sports, then look to coaching. I think better than being a career minor league player. Life's tough sometimes, but as Dabo says when one door closes another one opens. The best to Kyle.

Apr 2, 2016, 7:32 PM

I don't think KP made a bad decision. I always felt like baseball was his 1st love and he went with it. He had 3 great seasons at Clemson and don't forget he came here like Beer as a high school senior playing with the big boys.

Believe it or not CO has a stocked minors system. Some publications put them in the top 5.

KP has to get his K's under control. Especially if he power numbers dip like they have been.

He will get picked up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2016, 10:24 PM

He could've at least been a backup in the NFL if healthy, even practice squad makes big money. It's harder to make it to the highest level of baseball and have staying power. However last I checked baseball signing bonuses were gauranteed money and not sure about football, anyone know?

How many 5'11" QB's not named Russell Wilson or Drew Brees..

Apr 3, 2016, 1:31 PM

are in the NFL? He chose the sport he was most likely to have success at. Maybe he could of done it, but one good year in college isn't enough to say he had it to make it as a QB in the NFL. He did have a very strong arm. Too bad in this era they discourage kids from playing two sports once they get out of high school.

Re: How many 5'11" QB's not named Russell Wilson or Drew Brees..

Apr 3, 2016, 1:37 PM

Haha. He didn't have a very strong arm?? Once again you prove how little you know and how idiotic you are. He had a cannon for an arm. He just wasn't a great decision maker and not very good at reading a defense. He made the right choice by saying baseball, but it wasn't because he didn't have a strong arm.

Re: How many 5'11" QB's not named Russell Wilson or Drew Brees..

Apr 4, 2016, 12:52 PM

Maybe tigerking edited his post, idk, but it definitely says "he DID have a very strong arm".

Calling someone idiotic because you can't read seems a little harsh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2016, 11:51 AM

If you can't knock it around the park at coors, then it's not looking too good.

Wonder if his dad has written a letter to the papers out...

Apr 3, 2016, 1:24 PM

in Denver with some sort of explanation.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic