Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Night games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,156

Night games

Jun 21, 2016, 1:24 PM

I would venture to guess that outside of Troy and SC State, almost every game this season will be at night. I don't expect any games to start earlier than 3:30 (with the possible exception of Syracuse). Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Night games

Jun 21, 2016, 2:20 PM

No thoughts but I sure hope that you are wrong Night games are NOT for Clemson

Jun 21, 2016, 2:23 PM

How are night games not for Clemson?

Jun 21, 2016, 2:51 PM

Not the easiest place to get into and out off. Especially with 90,000 fans at midnight trying to get on an interstate thirty minutes away!

It's ok if you live near Clemson but MANY of thse thousands live hours away. Being on the highway at two a.m. Is not my idea of a good time

Jun 21, 2016, 2:54 PM

That's why you get a motel room about a HR away .
I much rather play at night than sit in the hot sun.
Even in Nov it's not that cool in the middle of the day.

Jun 21, 2016, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Night games ]

so shouldn't you say "Night games are NOT for ME" instead of "Night games are NOT for Clemson"??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jun 21, 2016, 3:07 PM

There are tens of thousand like me so NO is the answer to that question As for motel rooms, I assure you that is done many times but some folks have to go home at night! Football games in the South are made for real men who ca handle the hot weather We lose a great advantage when we allow our opponents to come in and play in the cool evenings. Can't you handle it?

Jun 21, 2016, 3:17 PM

So YOU speak for ALL of Clemson???

that's YOUR opinion not that of ALL of CLEMSON therefore you are wrong...HTH

And as far as a heat "advantage" we don't play a single team before October that doesn't practice/prepare in similar conditions.

I think this is a prime example of you being "more confused" in your older age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

^^^knot a real man who can handle the hot weather***

Jun 21, 2016, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: ^^^knot a real man who can handle a late night drive.^^^***

Jun 21, 2016, 3:30 PM

Jun 21, 2016, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Night games ]

You are probably right. I should listen to you more often. Please excuse my ignorance

Coach Howard refused to have lights in the Valley because there just was so few hotels in Clemson. Right?

They call it DEATH VALLEY because of the beautiful fall evenings! Right?

No game should ever be kicked off after six pm

Let the networks play to our schedule

Jun 21, 2016, 9:41 PM

Frank Howard hasn't been the coach at Clemson for 47 years. A LOT has changed in Clemson and the surrounding area in that time. Right?

It was tagged as "Death Valley" by an old PC coach who perenially got whipped in Clemson. Right?

And the no game should kick off after 6 is strictly your OPINION. As is your statement that "Night games are NOT for Clemson". You do not and will not ever speak for the entire fanbase.

HTH

Jun 21, 2016, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Night games ]

Yup because the night game atmosphere at the valley is horrible, much better to have all nooners. Said no one ever.

Real men can drive at night, suck it up.

Jun 21, 2016, 10:18 PM

Right!! Why is driving home late on a Saturday night so bad anyways? After a tiger win just turn it to the post game and listen and you will be home before you know it. Yes getting out takes a while but that is what happens when you have such a good fan base. If you don't like the wait just don't come. We all love night games. I would much rather go to a night game than a day game. The noon and 3:30s are good for the kids but I wish every game that wasn't Troy or SC state was at night

Jun 21, 2016, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Night games ]

I believe the advantage of a wild DV night crowd is more than playing in the heat.
Most teams we play are from the south also.

I have no idea why people go to games.

Jun 21, 2016, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Night games ]

I watch from the comfort of my living room, where I have a great view of my TV. The temp is always 71, and the water/pizza is free. Also, my seat back is leather. When the game is over, I walk 10 seconds to my bed. Why would I give that up?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 21, 2016, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Night games ]

Well IMO all games should be night games. Football is made to be under the lights and there is no better place for that than Death Valley!!

Jun 21, 2016, 5:43 PM

That is sooooo high school!

Jun 21, 2016, 9:50 PM

Rec league high school and would be all the way up if not for tv. You are a da if you think no game should start after 6. Night games have by far the best atmosphere.

Jun 21, 2016, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Night games ]

Hahaha, good lord.

Night games appropriate for September

Jun 21, 2016, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Night games ]

I understand why Clemson has traditionally had an aversion to night games - because so many of our fans have to drive long distances to get to Death Valley. In fact, until 1983 the stadium didn't even have lights, but that almost seems quaint in these times when TV dictates everything. Ideally, games in early September would kick off at 6pm because the weather is often hot & the midday sun is harsh. Starting at 6 (as opposed to 7 or 8) means the game likely ends around 9:30, which would allow most fans to exit & arrive home at a reasonable hour. But from the autumnal equinox onward, the default kickoff time should be 1pm, as it was back in the day.

Jun 21, 2016, 2:21 PM

330 is a night game?

after the time change in Nov, it is***

Jun 21, 2016, 2:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think there will be a bunch at 3:30.***

Jun 21, 2016, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,156
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic