Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nick Schuessler Facebook Post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,494

Nick Schuessler Facebook Post

Apr 3, 2013, 6:23 PM

Sorry if Germans.

"I just had the most humbling experience. So I went to eat lunch (alone, lol) but I saw a kid in a wheelchair, so I decided since we were both alone we could have lunch together. So I introduced myself, and he did the same. We began making small talk, and he asked me what my major was, and I asked him the same. He asked me if I liked sports, and I explained that I play ball, and then I asked him if he liked sports too. He told me he loved sports, but was never able to play. I really didn't know what to say. Before I could think of something to say, he spoke up and said, "But don't feel sorry for me, this was God's plan for my life." I just sat there staring at him. He said, "the doctors told me I'd never be able to walk again because I am paralyzed from the waist down." I didn't even know what to say, so I just said, "I'm sorry." And then what he said next changed my life, I swear. He said, "There's no reason to be sorry. I still have dreams. Cause I know one day I will be able to walk, despite what everyone believes. Everyone tells me what I can't do. But it's not about what they believe I can do. If you listen to the negative around you, you will never accomplish the things you want. I try to walk every morning, and I've failed every time. But one day, I promise I will prove them wrong." -- We finished eating but after that I really didn't have an appetite! I swear God put him in my life for a reason."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nick Schuessler Facebook Post

Apr 3, 2013, 6:32 PM

AMEN to that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2013, 6:35 PM

Dabo,

Find this kid a spot on your sideline.

Apr 3, 2013, 6:57 PM

God bless you both! May both of you fulfill your dreams!!!!

Apr 4, 2013, 6:24 PM

I had the pleasure of attending a football practice a few weeks ago and saw Nick in action. At least, I think it was him. The numbers have been changing and I could be wrong, but the kid I saw can play football. It will not be hard to find a place for him on the roster. With the log jam at qb I don't know if he can beat out the other guys but he has the tools. After reading this, I became more impressed with him. Ain't Clemson great?

A story about the "meek"...Nick and the other young

Apr 4, 2013, 7:55 PM

man...both of whom "shall inherit the earth." Uplifting and heartwarming, that it is....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,494
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic