Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nick Saban, respectfully, is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,434

Nick Saban, respectfully, is...

Jan 9, 2018, 8:49 AM

not only a genius HOF coach but also BHOG's because he:

1. Realized he couldn't run the ball, so he made a huge half-time adjustment (genius) and
2. Benched his starting QB in National Championship game in place of a true freshman QB who can pass the ball but with little experience (BHOG's)
3. Effectively coached and rallied the team around this change (HOF coaching)
4. Not only opened the play book up but had his team and staff coached up to execute these oft not used plays (HOF coaching)
5. Watched his Frosh QB make a colossal mistake and throw an interception but stuck with him because he knew he had to (BHOG's)
6. Won his 6th National Championship in OT by calling a non-Alabama type pass play with a true freshman QB executing it and a true freshman WR catching it. (HOF coaching & BHOG's)

Again, I say this out of respect for the game he coached and the game the team played. I'm no Alabama Homer. I am a Clemson Homer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nick Saban, respectfully, is...

Jan 9, 2018, 9:00 AM

Nick Saban, respectfully, is..... a ######. Allowing 48 back on the field after throwing a punch at an opposing player and then throwing a punch at a coach tells me all I need to know about him a a person. He is a "win at all cost" type of coach and does not care about the "individuals" that play for him and transitioning them from young men into mature men. He is a ######. bash me if you want but I would take Dabo 100 times out of 100 over someone like Saban. Dabo not only cares about winning but he cares about his players personally.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 9:06 AM

I agree about #48. Should have been sent to the locker room and suspended from spring ball. I don't want to hear that is was a "heat of the moment" he is a thug!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Nick Saban, respectfully, is... ]

I agree on #48 but still can't take away the game he coached, just my opinion.

Jan 9, 2018, 10:08 AM

Yeah. Same with the blatantly dirty hits on our players in last year's NC. Regardless, he's still a genius HC albeit the subpar class of some of his athletes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,434
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic