Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Chad Morris: The story behind the "Philly Special" trick play in the Super Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Chad Morris: The story behind the "Philly Special" trick play in the Super Bowl

Feb 15, 2018, 8:13 AM

Chad Morris: The story behind the "Philly Special" trick play in the Super Bowl

Chad Morris knew the play call as soon as he saw the quarterback move, and it brought back plenty of Clemson memories for Arkansas’ new head coach.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Chad Morris: The story behind the "Philly Special" trick play in the Super Bowl

Feb 15, 2018, 8:54 AM

Congrats Hunter. I just hate TCI got the story first. I posted this when it happened.

Re: New Story: Chad Morris: The story behind the "Philly Special" trick play in the Super Bowl

Feb 15, 2018, 9:24 AM

Dang, they better quit calling it the Philly special. It's the Clemson special.

Feb 15, 2018, 9:25 AM

A feature article on Chad Morris is nice and all. But not what I come to tigernet to read; he's long gone

Feb 15, 2018, 10:03 AM

Don't agree. This kind of background reminder is what Tiger memories are made of. It's great we remember cause it reminds us of our roots and who knows, it may be useful yet again. Thx TNET for sharing.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Chad Morris: The story behind the "Philly Special" trick play in the Super Bowl ]

Then don’t click on it dummy...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 10:08 AM

The Eagle coaches will swear on a Bible that they never seen that play before in their life time!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 10:31 AM

You may be right, but to me it doesn't matter. We know it wasn't invented there, but with a HS coach. Kudos to CM for his integrity, something the Eagles may lack.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 10:37 AM

Find it hard to believe that's it has only been used by Clemson and Philadelphia. I'm sure someone else on the college/pro level has run that play in all of the thousands off games that have occurred.

Feb 15, 2018, 1:27 PM

Not sure if it was Alshon Jeffrey or Stephon Gilmore (don't remember which) who used to play for the Bears who said in an interview that the Bears used to run this play and called it the Clemson Special. He also said that he had seen it when he was at SCAR and they used to watch film on the Tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 2:26 PM

Alshon was not on the line of scrimmage for the play, and should have been flagged. Refs never noticed.

Maybe it was the one game where the NFL didn't let the Patriots bring their own Refs.

good stuff, thanks!***

Feb 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: good stuff, thanks!***

Feb 15, 2018, 7:38 PM

Go to the 4:06 mark in this video and see where Clemson gets the "unofficial" credit for the play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkCb8EwAlc

Nick Foles actually ran this play in high school

Feb 16, 2018, 5:41 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915309/article/the-philly-special-is-a-trick-play-from-foles-high-school

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic