Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Swinney: Boyd for Heisman on Hold
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Swinney: Boyd for Heisman on Hold

May 27, 2013, 8:48 AM

Swinney: Boyd for Heisman on Hold

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry coach ,

May 27, 2013, 9:06 AM

but Tajh's numbers speak for themselves. If we win 11/12 games , beat UGA and the Dirtpecks and he cuts down on the interceptions just a tad it is a certainty he will be a finalist. Sammy being on the same team makes it tough for Tajh to win though...because of his star quality and name recognition.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

are you apologizing for repeating dabo's message?***

May 27, 2013, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Individual honors are swell but the real prize is team

May 27, 2013, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Sorry coach , ]

honors in the form of championships. That is were the focus will be and rightfully so.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did I hear Dabo say

May 27, 2013, 9:10 AM

that he wants Clowney to be in the Heisman conversation and Sakerlina to win a bunch of games.

Just when I start to think Dabo finally understands the rivalry he says something that makes me think he doesn't.

That's what you get for thinking again...

May 27, 2013, 9:58 AM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did I hear Dabo say

May 27, 2013, 9:13 AM

Coach Swinney understands the rivalry very well. Personally, I hope every team we play is good. Actually, I would love to see a #1 vs #2 matchup in Williams Brice. That would give us three very, very g

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good luck.***

May 27, 2013, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather see #1 vs unranked and winless in Williams Brice

May 27, 2013, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Did I hear Dabo say ]

I wish that team in Columbia nothing but failure and disappointment.

Re: Re: Did I hear Dabo say

May 27, 2013, 9:19 AM

*pressed post on accident*
...very, very good wins against UGA, FSU and USCjr. That makes us as a team look better. I love seeing the coots lose, but a top ten win against them is very important, especially if we at looking at a national title. After that game though, I couldn't care less what they do, although I like this situation (Lose the SECCG to Bama, get screwed out of a BCS bowl game, and lose the Outback/Capital One Bowl a week before we spank Bama in Pasedena.)

Shotgun!***

May 27, 2013, 11:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Re: Did I hear Dabo say

May 27, 2013, 9:22 AM

Wouldn't you love to crush all their hopes and dreams and break their little "thumbs" in their OWN house?

Hit the nail on the head. The thumbnail.***

May 27, 2013, 11:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Swinney: Boyd for Heisman on Hold

May 27, 2013, 11:01 AM

I totally agree with NOT pushing a player for Heisman. Heck, if we get big leads, Boyd shouldn't be in the game anyway. Team wins are what matters. I remember Sammy saying last Spring that he wanted to be considered for the award. How did putting self before team work out for him?

How did VT and ESPN's push for Logan Thomas work out? Too much pressure on the kid. Just let the teams and players play. The numbers and results will work themselves out.

Re: Football Player Update: Swinney: Boyd for Heisman on Hold

May 27, 2013, 10:07 PM

Agree. Remember all that hype for that dude from T A&M? Preseason hype means NOTHING. If the team takes care of bidness, indvisual stuff will take care of itself.

Having said that, I hope Boyd gets every good thing possible. He is a great QB, a great leader and seems like a great kid... typical Clemson man.

Agreed, early Heisman hype usually means a disappointing...

May 27, 2013, 2:19 PM

season from the early Heisman contender's team. Remember Matt Barkley and Geno Smith last season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice thread... think Tiger fans! Dabo is trying to keep his

May 27, 2013, 9:04 PM

players heads screwed on tight. And with the right mind set, they can perform up to and even beyond their expected capabilities. But "expectations" can kill even the brightest and best if they are not prepared for occasional mistakes and failures. Competition is a wonderful thing for growth and development but there can be only one winner in a game of two. Nobody, NOBODY, can win them all. Losing is a teacher, if you'll listen. Expect the best, but understand that failure is always a possibility. Grow from both, learn from both, respect both and then move on. That is the nature and nurture of competition. That's all I got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

It will take a perfect season from Tahj to even get the

May 27, 2013, 9:20 PM

invite. If C.J. couldn't get to NY with the season he had, Tahj is going to have to go above and beyond.

No Hope

May 27, 2013, 9:29 PM

Tajh has no hope for the Heisman.

He has a huge identity crisis.

Many Clemson fans can't even spell his first name correctly.

TAJH

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Some spell it that way.....some don't. I will make sure

May 27, 2013, 10:05 PM

I get it down our Tajh is a jh guy instead of a hj guy.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic