Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not a Clemson fan or supporter; I am a Coot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 5,517

I am not a Clemson fan or supporter; I am a Coot

Jun 29, 2013, 7:44 PM

But I have a question for you guys.

My wife and I drove to the campus today to walk around and check out the scenery (Clemson does have a great campus). Anyway, never being interested in the stadium area outside of the every other year experience, we decided to walk around that area (yes, curiosity over the rock). Two things from that visit.

1) How in the world did these guys gain access to the Rock? It seems impossible to me (I am an out of shape 45 year old) to be able to climb the fence, especially with the police department right there; and,

2) You have some great players on your team - pretty decent guys. A group was working out while we were there and we met them when leaving - chatted them up, they were very nice and good humored, especially when they learned of my coot heritage. Really great group of young men, very impressed -

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice story but

Jun 29, 2013, 7:46 PM

stay off our campus

Re: Nice story but

Jun 29, 2013, 7:49 PM

clearly casing the joint. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice story but

Jun 29, 2013, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Nice story but ]

Yeah, understand that.

Funny thing is, grew up in Anderson right off Clemson Blvd. and probably have been to Clemson four times in my life. Really nice place though.

nonsensical

Jun 29, 2013, 9:48 PM

that a person grows up around the corner from such a great university and gets pulled to the dark side. I feel sorry for you.

Re: I am not a Clemson fan or supporter; I am a Coot

Jun 29, 2013, 7:49 PM

thats Tiger players and fans!!just how we are

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2013, 7:56 PM

I have to admit that is pretty accurate.

Last year I was looking to change my insurance to State Farm and the agent who contacted me was Scotty Cooper, your former Linebacker. I was his first customer and he was pretty nervous - at first he screwed things up BUT worked hard to make it right and learn from his mistake. I picked at him and he was very good natured about it. Scotty joined the Army a few months ago; I am proud to call him a friend and of his decision.

It only took me about 43 years to discover Clemson fans ad players aren't the devil after all.

Now You Know***

Jun 29, 2013, 8:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate a suckup coot.

Jun 29, 2013, 10:43 PM

Dood, go back to your board and leave Clemson's website the hail alone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to hell***

Jun 29, 2013, 11:00 PM

null

Duh!!! What do you think this is Cootlumbia? Welcome

Jun 29, 2013, 11:19 PM

to the light now GO BACK TO THE DARK SIDE YOU COOT!

P.S. Does anyone have any disinfectant?

Re: Duh!!! What do you think this is Cootlumbia? Welcome

Jun 29, 2013, 11:23 PM

Holy crap guys. Finally get a #### that sees us for the way we REALLY are and you all act like GCocks...don't get it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duh!!! What do you think this is Cootlumbia? Welcome

Jun 30, 2013, 9:42 AM

> Holy crap guys. Finally get a #### that sees us for
> the way we REALLY are and you all act like
> GCocks...don't get it.

You don't get it??? Come on now. You're smarter than that!

How are you a coot?

Jun 29, 2013, 11:34 PM

Did you graduate from there?

I am suspicious of anyone that calls themselves a coot.

fabricated but

Jun 29, 2013, 11:52 PM

I can assure you, most Clemson fans are not as classless as

Jun 30, 2013, 1:46 AM

some of these responses.

It was probably figured that no one would be brazen enough to do such a crime...clearly they were wrong. Bet this lapse in security doesn't happen again.

Re: I can assure you, most Clemson fans are not as classless as

Jun 30, 2013, 9:56 AM

This is true. I have several friends that are Clemson grads and we enjoy talking about our teams and occasionally throw around some friendly smack talk. These people are very classy and well mannered. When I come over here I act like a guest in someone else's house and try to respect there place. I try to carry on a good natured conversation but unfortunately I get blasted by the large majority of posters. Hopefully some day I can feel that I can come here smack free and talk sports from opposing views without getting hammered.

Jun 30, 2013, 10:52 AM

I've always thought the term "coot" and "tater" to be nothing more than good natured ribbing and fun among the fans.

I guess you could call me a non toxic fan who can appreciate both sides equally. I graduated from South Carolina in '90 and '94 and love my university. I have many friends who graduated from Clemson who love their university - however, we can all appreciate the other's overall value to this state. I firmly believe both institutions, some competing others individualized, combine to make South Carolina a better place to live. I for one appreciate Clemson's commitment to the agricultural growth of South Carolina - food systems research, cultivation and its protection without genetic modification is extremely important - it is my understanding Clemson leads the way in this research and implementation.

As to athletics, two programs from a small state routinely in the top 10? Who would have ever thunk it? I give credit where credit is due - both programs are performing at a high level, not hit or miss but in a way where everyone else in the country expects for us to be there at the top. So we make fun of each other - who cares?

Jun 30, 2013, 1:55 PM

Appreciate your words, coot. I live in the heart of coot nation and most are fine but unfortunately there are some obnoxious ######## over here too.

Yes, Clemson leads in Agriculture...... BUT.....

Jun 30, 2013, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I can assure you, most Clemson fans are not as classless as ]

We also lead in Architecture, Engineering and....

FOOTBALL

and don't forget it...... :)

Jun 30, 2013, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I can assure you, most Clemson fans are not as classless as ]

You don't get blasted by the large majority - you get blasted by the vocal minority.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Re: I can assure you, most Clemson fans are not as classless as

Jun 30, 2013, 10:57 AM

Good post +1

Jun 30, 2013, 3:18 PM

You are probably one of those people that goes to Europe and talks crap about Americans.

Jun 30, 2013, 3:32 PM

Anyway, I am still trying to figure out how this guy was able to get into an area surrounded by a ground to cover fence, break open what appeared to be a sturdy lock, break a piece of the rock off, climb back over the fence and get away from the area when the campus police are right there.

W-B is pretty accessible, but Memorial Stadium seems a bit more secure.

Then why a coot?

Jun 30, 2013, 7:14 PM

From Anderson, have seen the light...., why pull for the dark side?

Thanks...

Jun 30, 2013, 7:33 PM

For the classy post. Not all Gamecock fans are bad either. I'm dating one and she's a great gal. I guess every couple needs something to rib each other about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know what you mean...I'm dating an UGA gal...

Jul 1, 2013, 1:46 AM

Needless to say, August 31st is going to be rough...

Replies: 26
| visibility 5,517
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic