Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cold light of day final thoughts: Credit to Alabama.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,068

Cold light of day final thoughts: Credit to Alabama.

Jan 13, 2016, 9:57 AM

As much as losing Monday night hurt, there is so much to be proud of from the 2015 Tigers that I am really handling this pretty well. It feels NOTHING like the loss at FSU in 2014, when we should have dethroned FSU and went on to win the ACC. It feel NOTHING like the 5 losses to the coots. And it feels NOTHING like the beat down Alabama gave us in the Georgia Dome. No, this feels like the beginning of a great ride for Clemson. Much like the 1978 season, this is the shot across the bow that says to the world, "We're coming and we're not going away."

That said, here are a few observations about the natty and then I will say no more on the topic:

1) Bama identified a weakness in our defense and exploited it. Credit to them. They have the depth and the athletes (#88) to do so. It was not so much "busted coverage" as Bama identifying that we sometimes have trouble in the middle of our defense (LBs and safetys) and exploiting it. Others did the same - ND, FSU, the coots, UNC, but Bama has the talent to make us pay.

2) We had one turnover. Bama scored off of it. Credit to them. Instead of going up 2 scores, their score tied things up. BTW, that play was a likely TD had their guy not jumped it. Solid play calling by our co-OCs all year.

3) Speaking of going up 2 scores, we had several chances to do so and Alabama's defense answered the call. Credit to them.

4) As all have noted, we have to shore up special teams. I still do not understand why Bama got away with the same thing we didn't against the coots, but credit to them for executing to perfection and credit to Saban for having the guts to call it.

5) Our guys left it all on the field. There is nothing more we can ask. They will always be a special group to me and I have seen many of them over the years. If you had told me 14-1 at the beginning of the season, I would have taken it. It was a sweet ride.

That's it. Close the books on 2015 and move on to recruiting, fixing what needs fixing, and building depth for the 2016 season.

It is a great time to be a Clemson Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cold light of day final thoughts: Credit to Alabama.

Jan 13, 2016, 10:18 AM

Solid post.

2016 will be another run at glory if we can get by FSU in Tallahassee.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post season synopsis

Jan 13, 2016, 10:33 AM

I think you thoughtfull put things into perspective. It is a great time to be a ClemsonTiger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,068
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic