Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sample B can't be viable...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 4,347

Sample B can't be viable...

Dec 24, 2018, 7:47 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26025772/

Viability is 72 hours if refrigerated in the right kind of container. This was done earlier this month?

My wife's a lab tech... Results are known within minutes of testing sample A. All samples get thrown out after 72 hours and a new sample is ordered. So sample B after notifying athletic director and having people present for the second test, etc seems like there's no way it could be viable.

Maybe ESPN's 'earlier this month' is referencing 2 days ago? Still can't understand how the timeframe can work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sample B can't be viable...

Dec 24, 2018, 9:00 PM

Nice catch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 24, 2018, 9:09 PM

We kept urine samples for months in the evidence room fridge before sending them to the crime lab. Almost all tested positive.

Nice post. Clemson received the news of positive test 3 days

Dec 24, 2018, 9:15 PM

ago. So it has been at least 72 hours since the test. However, the NCAA may have tested sample B as soon as they notified Clemson of sample A results. Don't know what that does to the timeline.

Your post is very interesting because, I was assuming that Sample B is just from the same urine batch. I thought the sample B was simply to account for false positives. Highly doubtful that there would be 3 false positives so I don't think that is the issue. But it would be nice to send a new urine sample and have them cleared.

Still, I have only a little hope they will be cleared for the bowl game, but am virtually sure they will win an appeal to prevent losing next season for the two and any draft complications for Dex.
Thanks for the post and I do hope you are on to something in that they will get to submit a new urine sample.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:12 PM

The Sample A is typically a quick test or some form of shorter urinalysis threshhold test.

Sample B is always a much more in depth gas chromatography light spectrum type test, which uses inert gas to reveal the actual properties of every individual molecule within every possible chemicle within the sample.

Test B CAN be viabke in this case it will definitively show what was in his urine.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:22 PM

tokillagamecock is correct. I put together and prosecuted drug cases on licensed mariners in the Coast Guard. Urine tests for drugs are a lot different than for health reasons like the lab your wife probably works in. The samples can be kept and preserved long time for drug tests. Weeks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 4,347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic