Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bellamy guarantees he will break Spiller's records
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Feb 4, 2011, 12:29 AM

Clemson signee Mike Bellamy told TigerNet that he understands the comparisons between himself, Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson and former Clemson running back C.J. Spiller. And he welcomes them. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta love this kid's confidence!***

Feb 4, 2011, 12:31 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully he'll win more than one bowl game.***

Feb 4, 2011, 12:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

You sound like a loser. This guy is a winner. Big Differen

Feb 4, 2011, 8:37 AM

ce. nm

People said the same things about Willy Korn.***

Feb 4, 2011, 10:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People said the same things about Willy Korn.***

Feb 4, 2011, 11:23 AM

You do know that Willy stay hurt ???????

You do know his shoulder injury is the worst injury that a QB can have???

Never mind you don't know

Re: People said the same things about Willy Korn.***

Feb 4, 2011, 4:33 PM

You do know that he tore it up in greenville???

Nice back-hand to CJ's accomplishments...

Feb 4, 2011, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Hopefully he'll win more than one bowl game.*** ]

what a jack-a$$ thing to say.

lol, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I'm glad you're

Feb 4, 2011, 10:24 AM

satisfied with 8 win seasons.

Drummer...CJ can't play Defense. His 4 Td's in the ACCCG

Feb 4, 2011, 11:12 AM

should have been enough to win but the D couldn't make stop. Stupid comment if you ask me.

Re: lol, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I'm glad you're

Feb 4, 2011, 4:05 PM [ in reply to lol, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I'm glad you're ]

My feelings are fine, and I am not satisfied with 8 win seasons... and you are still making jack-a$$ comments.

Way to go!

btw - CJ did amazing things in football, track, and as a representative of Clemson. Anything that required only his individual effort went very well... and his impact any team he is part of has been extremely positive. Sort of opposite of you, I am guessing.

I live in Sarasota and

Feb 4, 2011, 6:58 PM

Mike Bellamy was great to watch in person or on Friday night highlights. He was a winner in the sense that he played tough. Even in games where he scored multiple touchdowns and carried the offense, he would ask to play defense and he would make big plays (interceptions) there.
The teachers and others around Port Charlotte all say he is a great person. He will arrive on campus ready to play and succeed in school.

Re: Bellamy guarantees he will break Spiller's records

Feb 4, 2011, 12:38 AM

Wow I love it. But those sure are some big words coming from a guy who hasn't stepped foot on a field against college level talent. I sure hope he can back them out. It's going to be exciting watching him try.

Feb 4, 2011, 12:42 AM

please please please juke some fool out of his shoes in your first season like CJ did. Highlights like that last a really really long time.

Boston College game comes to mind for me***

Feb 4, 2011, 1:27 AM

Re: Boston College game comes to mind for me***

Feb 4, 2011, 1:37 AM

here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzhzMt6MvCY

Re: GT game comes to mind for me***

Feb 4, 2011, 7:10 AM

I thought this best juke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFIT-3gcAR8&feature=related

Yup still remember standing there in DV, jaw dropped***

Feb 4, 2011, 9:46 AM

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Ok, after reading the article....

Feb 4, 2011, 3:22 AM

I hope the coaches don't HAVE to feed him the ball as much as they did with Spiller. I think our new OC gets this...or I hope he does. We have to open up a down-field passing game. Period. We do that and special things will happen on far fewer carries when we get the ball to Bellamy. His numbers WILL be higher if we establish a good passing attack and actually get him the ball less often.

I hope he doesn't get frustrated with this, but he won't be fed the ball as much as we fed it to Spiller. He is just as big a weapon as a decoy as he is a target. I think our coaches blew it with Spiller in this respect. Bellamy just needs to concentrate on winning. If we do that, which will require a team effort, he will get his numbers. If we win as a team, even if his numbers are lower, he will still get more recognition than Spiller got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, after reading the article....

Feb 4, 2011, 4:20 AM

Assuming Morris hangs around until Bellamy leaves, he'll get the ball more because there'll be more total plays. If he's returning kicks, the other team is going to score more too, because with Morris's offense we're basically going to be adding a quarter or a quarter and half more to the game. Lots more plays, more possessions, more touches. Lots of records will be broken if we're running Morris's no-huddle offense for multiple years.

Re: Ok, after reading the article....

Feb 4, 2011, 4:39 AM

Lets don't be so fast to forget the D that is being assembled....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point! A defense like ours

Feb 4, 2011, 7:59 AM

has the ability to score more because they will be so frustrating to the other teams, our oponents will take big risks and we should capitalize.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

If you break Spiller's records, you've done something.

Feb 4, 2011, 7:18 AM

I hope you do, Mike Bellamy.

I can't wait to watch!

Holy MOSES! I wouldn't have said THAT!

Feb 4, 2011, 7:43 AM

I hope you like pressure, Mike, because that is a lot of pressure you just put on yourself. But you take your best shot and if you break his records, boy howdy!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

The young man has no shortage of confidence.***

Feb 4, 2011, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I love the attitude of the kids in this class

Feb 4, 2011, 7:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

I like the confidence, but be careful there young stud, CJ

Feb 4, 2011, 7:45 AM

is a hero in that valley and it wasn't just what he did on the field and it certainly wasn't just about wins. A lot of things factored into the crowd chanting his name and the Board of Trustees' standing O.

I'd love nothing more than to see you surpass that. In the meantime just work harder than you talk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. CJ had every opportunity to screw up and

Feb 4, 2011, 8:01 AM

kept it on the straight and narrow. CJ's talent was obvious but his character made him. I hope MB is that kid of kid too. We'll see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Feb 4, 2011, 7:54 AM

Personally I think he will do it.. He destroyed C.j.'s numbers in Florida... Whats not to love about a kid who has already beat his records on a H.S. Level

How long until Bellamy tosses a pass for a TD?

Feb 4, 2011, 8:12 AM

He'll run, catch, and return one garunteed. But the RB TD pass is a tough one to get.

that'll mean he stays 4 years like CJ too.***

Feb 4, 2011, 8:22 AM

"Very, Very Excited, Very, Very Proud" to be a TIGER!!

Feb 4, 2011, 8:54 AM

I know some people who wont like this, but you know I think Clemson has been missing this kind of attitude. If you look at the confidence that Tajh has, and now Bellamy and Region talking about dominating... I like it.

That's a bold statement.

Feb 4, 2011, 9:21 AM

I hope he can back it up.

Re: That's a bold statement.

Feb 4, 2011, 9:38 AM

Best thing about these comments is that kid has to back it up in practice. Some of his new teammates were former teammates of cj, and they probably read this and may remind him when hes less than CJ-esque. I think this kid is gonna deliver from day 1, CANT WAIT!

No kidding!

Feb 4, 2011, 9:42 AM

He's going to be great! I can't wait to watch him out there.

I was thinking something close to that, but my version goes:

Feb 4, 2011, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: That's a bold statement. ]

When we get your cocky butt on the practice field, we're gonna see to it you earn any CJ comparisons you get. Hope Mike is ready to be challenged.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

True, but he's putting a lot on his shoulders.

Feb 4, 2011, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: That's a bold statement. ]

Did read in an interview with the Sporting News that he was planning on winning a national championship here. That's pretty bold to me. But I will give it to him, the kid just oozes confidence.

My thoughts exactly. The kid should just keep his mouth shut

Feb 4, 2011, 10:26 AM [ in reply to That's a bold statement. ]

work hard and prove it on the field. That's what CJ did.

That's what CJ did? Didn't you just put CJ down?***

Feb 4, 2011, 11:13 AM

Re: My thoughts exactly. The kid should just keep his mouth shut

Feb 4, 2011, 7:18 PM [ in reply to My thoughts exactly. The kid should just keep his mouth shut ]

like someone said already the guy is confident. some ppl actually perform better under pressure. the point is the guy is saying he wants to do the stuff that the best player in CU history just did. and plus cj didnt really have nobody to come behind because no one had jaw dropping stats for RB b4 him

If he had been used properly his first couple years, CJ

Feb 4, 2011, 10:09 AM

would have broken CJ's records.

Rob Spence says "My Bad"***

Feb 4, 2011, 10:27 AM

Re: If he had been used properly his first couple years, CJ

Feb 4, 2011, 10:49 AM [ in reply to If he had been used properly his first couple years, CJ ]

You are absolutely correct. TB and Rob Spence didn't get all that could have been gotten from CJ. I do believe Bellamy will be a great Tiger, and I believe he will break some of CJ's records, because I believe Morris will be so much better than what we've seen in the way of OC. Also, don't forget, CJ had to run behind an OL that wasn't very good at opening holes. I hope this one will be better at run blocking.

Feb 4, 2011, 10:10 AM

The confidence is great and I hope it's true, but I don't think he fully understands what he just guaranteed. 2nd in the nation in all purpose yards ever? i hope he can do it but it'll be a little surprising to me

I hope Bellamy does break all of CJ's records... but he

Feb 4, 2011, 11:07 AM

should have a little more humility towards one of Clemson's biggest heroes of all time... especially since he has never even played a down of college football yet.

Again, I love the fact he is confident, but character is a huge part of being a Clemson Tiger, and he is close to the edge with such boastful predictions before even lining up once.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love seeing this confidence!***

Feb 4, 2011, 11:22 AM

Feb 4, 2011, 12:14 PM

Dear Mike, we'll be talking to our grandkids about what we saw CJ do in DV....I sincerely hope we'll be able to say the same about you.

Best of luck,

Ridgeland Booster

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

If CJ had been utilized correctly...

Feb 4, 2011, 12:47 PM

just think what he could have done. He didn't really get a chance to be a feature back until his Sr. season. If Bellamy takes off as a Fr, he could shatter CJ's records, and I'd rather have a kid thinking like that than saying "oh man, I can't match that." We're Clemson-we should have a swagger-it's been too long-Quotes like this from Bellamy and Region saying he wants to hurt people, sounds like good ol' smash-mouth football could be on it's way again-this class could help bring it back.

I still think we might suffer some consequences from the

Feb 4, 2011, 8:05 PM

NCAA from the stuff we "donated" to CJ and his family. I hope not, but who knows.

This Bellamy cat better tie his laces tight cause he's going to get popped in the mouth early and often. If he can take it, no reason he can't break CJ's records!

Feb 4, 2011, 2:27 PM

Don't get me wrong, I hope he is right. Other than that,this is border line embarrassing. I hope Dabo keeps him away from the media in the fall.

Feb 4, 2011, 2:34 PM

I like the attitude - but with himself,Ellington and 6 receivers,there's not enough time.CJ was most of the offense because of the talent pool while he was here.The pool just got deeper.

I love the attitude, but let's see if it holds up once he

Feb 4, 2011, 4:53 PM

starts getting hit by the big boys in college.

Buford Tannen..."Mighty strong words, runt. You man...

Feb 5, 2011, 4:55 PM

...enough to back em' up with more than just a pie plate?"

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic