Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ACC AD's vote to continue playing 8-game league schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,309

FB Update: ACC AD's vote to continue playing 8-game league schedule

Oct 5, 2016, 4:06 PM

ACC AD's vote to continue playing 8-game league schedule

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU to ACC AD's***

Oct 5, 2016, 4:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

TU to ACC's DAs***

Oct 5, 2016, 4:12 PM

Re: FB Update: ACC AD's vote to continue playing 8-game league schedule

Oct 5, 2016, 4:15 PM

AD's clearly divided on this issue. This vote too close for comfort. Apparently the "have not's" feel that they benefit from a 9th conference game.

Doesnt say what the vote was this time

Oct 5, 2016, 5:53 PM

Only says 2014 vote results

Oct 5, 2016, 4:51 PM

Curious what the vote was

Thank goodness! Go AD's!***

Oct 5, 2016, 4:53 PM

Nice***

Oct 5, 2016, 4:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Way to go ACC AD's! All right! I'm proud of you! I mean it!***

Oct 5, 2016, 4:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i can't believe the agreed to meet in Chapel Hill

Oct 5, 2016, 5:16 PM

since we are boycotting NC and everything?

Oct 5, 2016, 5:17 PM

Once again, apostrophe abuse. Can it ever be stopped?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Oct 5, 2016, 5:29 PM

Pls notice my non/apostrophe abuse above
??

i don't know why this 9+1 keeps getting so much traction

Oct 5, 2016, 5:33 PM

8+2 serves the same purpose and helps the schools with out of conference rivalry games. If they want 9 ACC games then schedule an ACC team for one of your +2. This isn't rocket science.

Re: i don't know why this 9+1 keeps getting so much traction

Oct 5, 2016, 8:11 PM

You cant do that because of conference record.

Oct 5, 2016, 9:11 PM

Actually you can, in fact teams have already set "non-conference" games with other conference opponents. They just don't count toward the conference record. A few years ago FSU and UNC did it in baseball as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2016, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: i don't know why this 9+1 keeps getting so much traction ]

North Carolina and Wake Forest are scheduled for an out-of-conference matchup on September 14, 2019.

Oct 5, 2016, 5:38 PM

Can they just make a decision and stick with it for awhile? Hopefully we won't have to vote on this seemingly every year. Now the next step is to get rid of the cross division rival so we can rotate more teams from the Coastal on our schedule.

So...6 ACC ADs think the other 8 ADs need to lose a home game every other year?***

Oct 5, 2016, 5:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did you read that?

Oct 5, 2016, 5:48 PM

I'm guessing it's the six with the weakest crowd for home games. I'd say Wake, Dook, Virginia, Cuse, Miami, Maybe even UNCheat and Pitt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the 8-6 vote was 2014. Doesn't say what the vote

Oct 5, 2016, 5:51 PM [ in reply to So...6 ACC ADs think the other 8 ADs need to lose a home game every other year?*** ]

Was this time

going to 9 could seriously hamper

Oct 5, 2016, 5:59 PM

The top ACC teams from making the playoffs. The share of a playoff berth is far more than 500k/team I believe. ACC football has the opportunity to throw more dirt on the B12. They are already better than them and P12 IMO and are pulling even with other 2. Depth is finally getting there. Top is already there.

Oct 5, 2016, 6:25 PM

They must have decided that the LBGT community could not handle anything else. Still pissed they moved the championship game. It would be interesting know how many tickets they sold today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no! Sorry UNCheat***

Oct 5, 2016, 6:47 PM

NM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great move!

Oct 5, 2016, 10:59 PM

This allows the great home/home series with strong out of conference opponents. And, important games for small schools like SC State that could possibly fold up football without the ability to play the big boys. I like the "permanent" rivals. One more league game per school isn't going to make or break the ACC. We have finally grown football to the level of basketball to my delight. I'm more of a football fan, anyway. With ESPN hurting from their SEC Network deal, I'm surprised they didn't have say so in this. With the upcoming ACC network. If they want their conference channels to succeed, they need exclusive rights to first choice to any games. Allowing CBS to retain those rights, IMHO has been the downfall of the sec network. The slate of games takes a backseat to cbs, their own abc, and Espn channels at times. If they want their respective conference channels to reign supreme, they need rights to the "game of the week" in the prime time slot. IMO

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder, if Louisville hadn't climbed the charts so

Oct 5, 2016, 11:55 PM

much this year, does this decision go the other way? Or if Mark Richt didn't have Miami undefeated at this point to show off a little more top end depth? It may have taken national-oriented success other than FSU and Clemson for a few of those on the fence to leave well enough alone right now for the league as a whole. $500k a year per program is not worth alienating and disrupting a process that seems to be working out pretty well for everyone involved.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,309
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic