Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next commit? Anyone have any suspicions?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Next commit? Anyone have any suspicions?

Apr 19, 2014, 8:48 PM

I always thought QB Lorenzo Nunez out of LA has been around campus a lot and Morris seems to like him. And with the UNFORTUNATE departure of Kelly we may take 3 QB's or 4 with the miracle of a possible Torrance Gibson out of St. Thomas Aquinas HS.

Israel Tucker DT 4 star
Lorenzo Nunez DT 4 star
Kelly Bryant DT 4 star (possible move to receiver?)
Torrance Gibson DT 5 Star

Would you take it? I would.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next commit? Anyone have any suspicions?

Apr 19, 2014, 8:58 PM

First, we aren't taking any more QBs. We are done. Nunez is highly overrated. Also, Bryant isn't moving, he is a QB. Finally, you can give up on Gibson, he isn't coming because of Watson.

so your saying

Apr 19, 2014, 9:03 PM

that Chad Morris offering him makes him overrated? I mean, I haven't seen the guy I just know he has a withstanding offer the moment. Also, if Gibson did want to commit you honestly see us not taking him? Be real now. I mean I think he's Miami of Florida bound but IF he did you'd take him in a heartbeat

Re: so your saying

Apr 19, 2014, 9:06 PM

Albert Huggins ...we are waiting by the Tigerphone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nunez is now overrated

Apr 19, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to so your saying ]

because he is now favoring USC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Nunez is now overrated

Apr 19, 2014, 9:19 PM

I doubt that Nunez kid would venture all the wayto Los Angeles to play college football , but who knows with these kids today.
Kelly Bryant is a much better prospect than Nunez imo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Nunez is now overrated

Apr 19, 2014, 9:28 PM

SEC boys gotta stick together. Fact is, we have a stud in Wateon and two very good QBs verbally com for the 2015 cycle. I would like to see us pick up another 4-5* OL, 2- 4* DT, 3 stud DE, George Campbell, possibly a stud running back, 2 cornerbacks, and a safety.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant very well may be a better prospect

Apr 19, 2014, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Nunez is now overrated ]

I was just commenting on why Nunez was suddenly considered overrated.

I just looked at highlight videos of both Nunez and Bryant and Bryant certainly looks to be the better athlete.

Unfortunately the video I was watching didn't show Bryant passing enough for me to really get a feel for that aspect of his game

But in the end I've given up trying to judge kids in HS. So many times you get pumped about the stars beside their names and they never do anything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Bryant very well may be a better prospect

Apr 19, 2014, 9:47 PM

Nunez is good but if Bryant wouldn't committed then Chason Virgil probably would have. Virgil still suppose to camp at Clemson this summer. Not sure now since KB is on board. KB should have a good passing film this yr cause Wren passes thousands of time. Nunez is better right now but KB definitely has higher ceiling. Plus Bryant doesn't scare off the studs in 2016.

Re: Did the Trojans offer?***

Apr 19, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Nunez is now overrated ]

Apr 19, 2014, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Next commit? Anyone have any suspicions? ]

why do you think nunez is over rated?

Apr 19, 2014, 8:58 PM

Only taking two QB's and Bryant is a QB. He is a very talented QB that is getting better. Since his move from a triple option offense to a spread offense and working with a QB trainer his throwing motion has gotten much better. He will push Watson when he gets to Clemson.

I believe the actual question is who do we think will

Apr 19, 2014, 9:07 PM

Commit next. My guess is Barnett.

As for the qb situation I wouldn't be surprised at all if we took a third who had potential to move. Qb isn't a position you can keep playing with thin numbers and not eventually get burned, the coaches know this. Coach speak would say no more qbs to calm the nerves of those alread committed. The parrots at various websites will echo this, rinse repeat on boards. The truth is, don't be shocked at all when we take a third, but at the same time don't expect it to be a star.

well i hope you have more

Apr 19, 2014, 9:13 PM

reliable info than I but these guys say we ain't even in contention.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Michael-Barnett-at-Woodland-37790/CurrentExpertPredictions

If we lose out on him, Clemons, Tuttle and Huggins. CLEMSON MELTDOWN

Re: well i hope you have more

Apr 19, 2014, 10:02 PM

imo huggins is a lock and we will not get Barnett. the verdict is still out on the other 2.

Re: well i hope you have more

Apr 19, 2014, 10:08 PM

I thought AH was a lock for the shamecocks. I hope not though.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic