Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next Year, Three (3) Guard Offense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,565

Next Year, Three (3) Guard Offense?

Feb 27, 2013, 11:02 PM

That might be cool, different. I read that the traditional thinking of 2 guards, 3 big (ger) guys down low is "old school" and a 3 guard offense opens things up .... sort of analogous to the spread offense in Football. I could see, for example, Hall, Roper and some other guy (as the guards), and KJ (and some other guys playing low) ... but really the parts would be interchangable ... giving different looks to the opposing "D", really baffling them. Hey!, maybe Coach "B" could get a Chad Morris kind of Basketball Guy as an assistant? We know Coach B has the "D thing" down, we just got to figure out a way to get the ball in the basket more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next Year, Three (3) Guard Offense?

Feb 28, 2013, 12:48 AM

The closest I would come to what you said is something like 2 guards(Filer, Hall or Roper), KJ at the 3(SF), and Blossomgame(Sullivan) at the 4(PF) and Nnoko(Smith) at the 5(C).

PG Hall, Filer
SG Roper, Coleman, Rooks
SF KJ, Ajukwa
PF Blossomgame, Sullivan
C Nnoko, Smith

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2013, 4:30 AM

It might be cool( a three guard offense),and even different,but if your 3 guards can't shoot,you could put the coots out there dressed in Clemson colors.
They can't shoot either!
How's that for baffling?

Yep I believe the 3 guard look I'd what we will go..

Feb 28, 2013, 7:12 AM

With next yr. we will have to play good defense which I don't see as being a problem. We will also have to be a lot better at shooting the basketball. Should be better with Coleman and blossomgame in the lineup. Roper not bad either.

Feb 28, 2013, 8:07 AM

Coleman,Blossomgame,Rooks,and Ajukwa will give our offense a boost. If we can't get true bigs I would love to see us go to a 3 guard line up and run more. I know thats not BB philosophy but sometimes you have to adapt and improvise. Hall needs to work on his jumpshot in the off season. Would help if he was aggresssive on the offensive end. Just my thoughts.

McDaniels may not be starting if he doesn't improve at a

Feb 28, 2013, 8:29 AM

faster rate than he has this season. He seems to have regressed over the course of the season.

PG-Roper
SG-Coleman
SF-Blossomgame
SF-Sullivan
C-Nnoko

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: McDaniels may not be starting if he doesn't improve at a

Feb 28, 2013, 11:01 AM

There are many things you can do to offset the talent gap in basketball. My problem with CBB is he's repeating the same thing that isn't working, this goes against good coaching philosophy. If you aren't winning using one scheme then maybe you should try something different. it couldn't hurt!

And with all the plays we run, why not get some ally-oops to KJ in there. Or is that forbidden like running screen passes for Spiller. It's working in Buffalo.

Still say let the Lads free lance more ...

Feb 28, 2013, 11:53 AM

Just my H.O. .... granted, need plays ... but sometimes I think "free play" is justified

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We pretty much already run a 3 guard offense...

Feb 28, 2013, 11:05 AM

I consider KJ more of a guard than a big. If we try and have KJ masquerade as a PF next year, we will get murdered on the glass and that will be a huge reason why we are unsuccessful.

null

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,565
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic