Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
News and Observer on ACC Channel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

News and Observer on ACC Channel

May 9, 2016, 10:33 PM

Meeting with ADs ran over by more than an hour, nobody's talking and following orders of the commissioner to say nothing. Maybe there is nothing to say, maybe there is a lot that can't be said.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article76656402.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Firing Swofford would be the best way to move forward!***

May 9, 2016, 10:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffords legacy is two fold:

May 9, 2016, 11:01 PM

He kept the ACC from splitting through aggressive expansion.

He negotiated #### poor TV contracts for the league, with an impression that he was sheltering his son's business. The ACC is the most obvious candidate for a dedicated network but he never pressed the matter. In essence, he failed to market the product he helped produce.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

it's more than an impression, it's the truth***

May 10, 2016, 1:02 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Behind closed doors he's probably fighting a lot of...

May 10, 2016, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Swoffords legacy is two fold: ]

ACC bias to be fair. I am ready to linch the man based on his past against Clemson but ready to wait to see what he gets accomplished before summoning the pitch fork posse against him at this point. Growing impatient with him though to say the least.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Behind closed doors he's probably fighting a lot of...

May 10, 2016, 11:13 AM

What ACC bias. The ACC has the most marketable compilation of sports outside of football than any conference in the nation. Added to that two national fan bases that have an appreciation for sports outside of the big 2 (UNC, ND). If you can't make the case for an ACC network with so much available you are not doing your job.

null

Re: Swoffords legacy is two fold: three fold

May 10, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Swoffords legacy is two fold: ]

allowed the UNC academic fraud to develop and perpetuate it on his watch all the while blatentley showing favoritism by defending them before the NCAA to mitigate their punishmant

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's an understatement!

May 10, 2016, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Firing Swofford would be the best way to move forward!*** ]

LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But then the ACC would lose their discount with Raycom

May 10, 2016, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Firing Swofford would be the best way to move forward!*** ]

nm

Re: But then the ACC would lose their discount with Raycom

May 10, 2016, 12:46 PM

I don't know about you folks at Clemson, but down here in Florida, I am getting sick and tired of Swoffords silence on the fate of the invisible ACC Network.

It isn't like WW2 when the USA had to keep the atomic bomb secret. It is a TV network!!! Why
the hush hush?

been there 20 years past time

May 10, 2016, 8:30 AM

for him to move out and take raycom sports network with him

What do you want me to say, Ron?

May 10, 2016, 8:34 AM

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic