Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New narrative: Bama may be the only team in the country that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New narrative: Bama may be the only team in the country that

Nov 8, 2018, 7:03 PM

can compete with the Clemson Tigers.

That's how I see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: New narrative: Bama may be the only team in the country that

Nov 8, 2018, 7:06 PM

Alabama isn't good enough defensively this year to beat us . That's the way I see it. By the time Trevor and our WRs are done with them , we win by 10 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

shut out LSU last week***

Nov 8, 2018, 7:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

74th in offensive efficiency (Clemson 7th)

Nov 8, 2018, 8:10 PM

87th in the offensive FEI rankings (Clemson 13th)

Yawn.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've just decided any further football conversations I have

Nov 8, 2018, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New narrative: Bama may be the only team in the country that ]

at work, etc will not include statements like, "Clemson can play with Bama" or "Clemson is the team that can take Bama down." For me, its Bama is the only team with a chance of stopping Clemson. May sound like semantics, but it isn't.
Try it and see.
Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 8, 2018, 7:35 PM

Why are y'all so worried about Bama? It's early November.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said they're worried about Bama? They are just the only team

Nov 8, 2018, 7:37 PM

out there that has a chance of a respectable game with the NC bound Clemson Tigers. Why are you so worried about Clemson?

null

Nov 8, 2018, 7:35 PM

Nm

Yes, Bama...

Nov 8, 2018, 7:40 PM

Texas A&M and Syracuse.

If we played TexAM now, it'd be a 2-3 score game.

Nov 8, 2018, 7:43 PM

Syracuse at least 14 points

null

Nov 8, 2018, 8:03 PM

I see and understand where you’re coming from but i would have to disagree at this point in time. Have not had a schedule to determine whether or not aTm was an outlier or not.

Trevor still makes enough mistakes that can be capitalized on by good teams. He’s still processing his correct reads and diagnose defensive schemes. He tends to lock in on a receiver and a little slow knowing where all his options are, and having timing issues especially on deep balls.

Another is for whatever reason, we haven’t developed a go to, every down TE that DW4 had. Tee is still growing into a dominant receiver that consistently wins the 50/50 matchups. Not like a mike or nuk.

Our oline is nowhere near as consistent as they should be. Still get beat and outmuscled with average dline and de’s. Way too many whiffs.

Our defense is yet to be tested since the aTm game. We tend to have problems with good TE play.

Our DB’s are good, not great. Youth and depth . Not sure I see one being ready for pro ball before a full senior year.

So yes, I would love to say bama may can keep up with us but for now I see why Dabo says it’s bama and then Roy bus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 8:18 PM

I agree. We're going to have to pack our lunch pail if we end up playing the big man again. This Bama team is different from the previous teams we've faced. Outside of the obvious, I think their ability to push the pocket and affect the qb has been huge for them lately. Their secondary has also gotten a lot better...that Surtain Jr kid is bananas.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:54 PM

Yeah, I’m not smart enough to say whether it’s talent or technique or both. If it’s technique, then I’d love to see conn take notes... their db’s are just stuck to the receivers. Play through the ball and receivers but in a way that’s legal.

And this year the offense isn’t wasting plays on bubble screens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 8:07 PM

I respect your train of thought, I’ve been thinking that same thing, ESPN been to busy shining Bama’s ??

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic