Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New WRs coach.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,633

New WRs coach.

Feb 13, 2020, 2:32 PM

I just read a post about our receivers in recent years not getting separation. I love that we promote from within. But I wonder if our new wr coach will bring anything different or new than coach Scott. Obviously Coach Scott was amazing and I know Dabo has his hands on with that group at times too but maybe we need to shake up some drills or something. Bring some fresh WR philosophy. I have to agree the 50/50 ball up the side seems to be all we have other than Artavis Scott getting free in a REAL route.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New WRs coach.

Feb 13, 2020, 2:41 PM

User Logo
RunJumpCatch
CU Guru [1440]
TigerPulse: 99%
New WRs coach.
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 2:32 PM

I just read a post about our receivers in recent years not getting separation. I love that we promote from within. But I wonder if our new wr coach will bring anything different or new than coach Scott. Obviously Coach Scott was amazing and I know Dabo has his hands on with that group at times too but maybe we need to shake up some drills or something. Bring some fresh WR philosophy. I have to agree the 50/50 ball up the side seems to be all we have other than Artavis Scott getting free in a REAL route.

lmfao, you being serious clark. just when you thing you have seen the dumbest sh it ever on the internet someone types something else. the mot never ceases to amaze. congrats

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 4:07 PM

^^^^ Huh?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 4:10 PM

Honestly I don't know how much of it is purely coaching. I feel like in the last 5 years we have predominantly recruited jumpball guys and thats the focus of our passing game. Of course we had Scott, Renfrow, and Rogers, but there seems to be fewer of those guys in comparison to the Tee Higgins type. I'm hoping we can pick up a Troy Stellato or someone to add some depth to that role. Even this past year, we tried to stick a 6'-4" guy in the slot because he was our best option till Amari got better. Point being, I think it can come back to some personnel things too. Hopefully Spector will be good. Him and Amari could be a good tandem.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So now are to the point

Feb 13, 2020, 4:37 PM

Where we question the football coaches. Some of you so called fans belong in a “”home”!

Re: So now are to the point

Feb 13, 2020, 4:38 PM

SO TRUE. SMFH

Feb 13, 2020, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New WRs coach. ]

This ^^^

Feb 13, 2020, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New WRs coach. ]

Obviously our passing game has been and will be one of the best in the business . Check the stats going back to Tajh . Not just stats but incredible record .

I do believe that in the past few years the officials have allowed d- backs to use their hands against receivers to reach out and play defense in a manner that would be considered interference in the past .

Just my .02 worth

Feb 13, 2020, 4:38 PM

Maybe you should offer your assistance to Dabo sound as if you have lots of knowledge etc

Feb 13, 2020, 4:49 PM

The erroneous and hilarious idea that Clemson hasn't had recievers that can separate from defenders is about the dumbest and most ill informed notion I have seen on here in my "9" years on Tigernet .
We've got multiple wide recievers playing in the NFL right now and one about to go in the 2nd round ... and there are likely 4 on campus right now that will be drafted or make NFL squads .
Who is promoting this ridiculousness ?
Our WRs have been abusing 90% of the teams we play , they have a few bad games ( to be expected ) and a bunch of Yayhoos come out with this " they can't seperate from DB's " nonsense .
It would be laughable if it wasn't so gall darn stoopid .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 13, 2020, 8:12 PM

This is what one lousy 35 minute stretch in the Natty brings out. Again, some of the missed passes in that game were clearly TL's fault. Clemson's guys WERE open on some of those plays and he flat out missed them.

Feb 14, 2020, 9:51 AM

ddclemson.....with the voice of reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2020, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New WRs coach. ]

Church. I’m getting pretty tired of seeing this post. Look no further than the last Bama game and you can see our WR create hilariously large separation through that game. This idea needs to go away.

If we want to win Nattys

Feb 14, 2020, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New WRs coach. ]

we have to be prepared to play against the absolute best competition - that would be that other 10%.

If we want to win ACC Trophies - just keep doing what we've been doing.

The hardest thing to do in sports is repeat as champion because it is so damm easy to settle for doing the same old thing. But sports is kinda like a shark - if you aren't moving forward, your dead.

Feb 13, 2020, 9:01 PM

Remember him as a player, a muscled up Adam Humphries type, little less productive, but a good receiver-anyway, route technique, route discipline-a lot is dependent upon the individual player to practice & perfect on his own time-

Feb 13, 2020, 9:06 PM

No disrespect meant... but wow...The 50/50 balls are just a luxury that most teams don’t have, We don’t sacrifice speed, quickness, and fundamentals to just to have guys with size who can go up and win contested balls.
We face great competition on the other side of the ball and no receiver is going to always be able to push there way by, juke, our flat out outrun DBs. The ability to win the 50/50 balls is another threat that other teams have to defend.

Feb 13, 2020, 9:08 PM

No separation?? I got the confuses, I thought that's kinda what our guys are known for?

Feb 13, 2020, 9:44 PM

My view is that in both CFP games our WR's played against excellent, physical corners which made it difficult for them to separate enough either outside or inside (although we didn't run many in the middle) to get a clean look. I realize that Trevor did try to hit a good deal of high-outside throws and was just off that night.

If you look at what we did with our excellent corners against the LSU receivers, they were successful in making plays in many cases by gaining just enough separation to make easier catches. That seems to me to indicate LSU receivers had either a better route technique, were more physical or just had more speed/quickness which provided that additional separation which was just enough for Burrow to hit them.

Undoubtedly we will face a similar level of corner play from anyone we face next year in the CFP. IMHO we need to improve our WR route technique, play-calling scheme to utilize the middle of the field and recruit a few quick short area WR personnel in the long run to enhance our chances. I expect Dabo and our new WRs coach will get us there..

So Hunter Renfrow is a walk-on and becomes not only

Feb 14, 2020, 8:16 AM

a legend at Clemson but a legend in college football, then goes to the NFL and looks pretty much just like he did in college. He's always gotten more separation than most WRs.

The same guys who coached up/developed Renfrow are/have been coaching the other WRs on this team. But because some know-it-all decides we didn't get a ton of separation in the playoffs against 2 OUTSTANDING defensive backfields, we're going to question coaching. After all the winning we've done the last decade.

Hilarious.

Look, the OP is a little off base but

Feb 14, 2020, 9:05 AM

He has a small point. When out WRs went up against the bigger and more physical DBs at OSU and LSU they did not seem fully prepared to play that more physical game. And as someone else here pointed out, the refs are allowing a more physical defense nowadays - especially in the CFP.

Our WRs can physically dominate DBs in the ACC. Can we get them ready to do the same in the CFP ??

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,633
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic