Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: With Kiffin out at Bama, how does that affect Clemson's defense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 5,432

New Story: With Kiffin out at Bama, how does that affect Clemson's defense?

Jan 2, 2017, 7:19 PM

With Kiffin out at Bama, how does that affect Clemson's defense?

The news broke Monday that Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin won’t coach the Crimson Tide in the College Football Playoff National Championship against Clemson. The first question that popped into my head: How does that affect Clemson and how they prepare for Alabama? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: With Kiffin out at Bama, how does that affect Clemson's defense?

Jan 2, 2017, 7:44 PM

I posed this question not quite so eloquently, this must have been posted while I was typing lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 PM

We put in three defensive tackles and that running game will get shutdown.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:48 AM

We have been playing with 3 DTs all year!
We play with 3 LBs against run heavy offenses and it seems to work. It did against OSt this year and against Oklahoma last year.

Oh please please let them bang their head on our front 7...

Jan 2, 2017, 8:14 PM

all day. Consecutive shutouts would be awesome!

Jan 2, 2017, 8:23 PM

Would be nice but I tend to disagree. I think you'll see more pass. Sark loves to pass... short nickle dime stuff like pitt. Just don't see run run more run.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sark will throw 3 cute plays at us - he has something

Jan 2, 2017, 8:37 PM

you can bet on it

Saban - knows we have an excellent D front

null

Jan 2, 2017, 8:40 PM

Long passes down field like someone said earlier, but Tigers still going to beat bama

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

They've got a bruising RB, huge physical WRs/TEs

Jan 2, 2017, 9:22 PM

but an average QB. They aren't going to change much with that combination. Hurts has a ton of potential, but Saban isn't one to allow folks to change everything in 1 week based on a FR's potential.

Jan 2, 2017, 9:24 PM

What ever Saban will allow Sarkisian to do with his offense, they don't have but a minute to get it in and get it down to where they can run it against us with some sort of perfection, or all the trick plays he has in his life time book of tricks won't help him!!! But most of all, I hope that none of our guys are licking their chops thinking it's going to be easy, this is still going to be a tough FB game....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2017, 9:28 PM

IMO Nick sent Lane packing. (not a mutual decision)
A lot of people spoke of the poor play calling by Kiffin against Washington and I believe Ol' Nick decided Lanes focus was not all there.
With all that being said I don't Coach Saben would do that if he thought there was any chance of a negative effect on his offense. Just my opinion
GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 12:46 AM

Hey listen Coach Saban just gave the media an excuse for why Bama lost to Clemson. Nuff said.

Brandon Streeter

Jan 2, 2017, 9:37 PM

I think Brandon was a huge reason Cole played so well in that bowl game. Coach Streeter, I believe, was a key addition to the offensive staff when CM left. Glad that Tiger came back to Tiger town.

Jan 2, 2017, 11:13 PM

> > width=5> 
> id="story-photo" width="478"
> src=http://i3.tigernet.com/stories/16/football/bama_de
> fense_700.jpg>
> size=2>
> cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
> href=/story/football/With-Kiffin-Bama-affect-Clemsons-
> defense-15510 class="newstitle">> style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Helv,
> sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;
> color: #e96f26; text-decoration: none">With Kiffin
> out at Bama, how does that affect Clemson's
> defense?

The
> news broke Monday that Alabama offensive coordinator
> Lane Kiffin won’t coach the Crimson Tide in the
> College Football Playoff National Championship
> against Clemson. The first question that popped into
> my head: How does that affect Clemson and how they
> prepare for Alabama?
> href=/story/football/With-Kiffin-Bama-affect-Clemsons-
> defense-15510>Full Story
> »

Clemson D will lay a few earth shaking licks on (Hurts), and see how he responses in a high profile game while assaults coming from every directions you can think of. This will determine how well there offense performs. Possible resulting to some trick plays to keep it a ballgame. NOT HAPPENING THIS GO AROUND. WE CAME TO FARTHER TO BE MADE A FOOL OF THE SECOND TIME AROUND.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:33 AM

Amen

Jan 3, 2017, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: With Kiffin out at Bama, how does that affect Clemson's defense? ]

Hurts is a tough kid, he has been knocked around this season, he will not be intimidated. He has a good arm and they will attempt long passes, and passes to TE.... I hope we can stop the TE this year.

Jan 3, 2017, 11:00 AM

At least the Tigers are aware of the TE this year. Last year, Clemson did not seem to know he even existed.

Saban will try everything till he finds something that works

Jan 3, 2017, 12:40 AM

Hopefully he won't.

Jan 3, 2017, 1:22 AM

You forget they have #88 OJ Howard , who killed us last year and Sarkisian likes to throw the ball ,...so I at least expect them to use Howard a lot ...at least until we prove we can stop him. Also, their DEFENSE SCORES FOR THEM ...and we CAN NOT allow their defense to put points on the board . It will be hard enough beating them with just their offense scoring ....we can't allow INTs for 6 or fumble recoveries in the end zone. Ball security and much better special teams play will be an absolute must to prevent a repeat of last January ...also coaching ...we can't be surprised like we were on that onside kick.

Jan 3, 2017, 4:54 AM

This Alabama offense will struggle to put 21 points on the board vs this Clemson defense . They are not as dynamic and as capable as last year's team .
The real game is how well we do against their defense , plainly their strength .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 3, 2017, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: With Kiffin out at Bama, how does that affect Clemson's defense? ]

I agree. Clemson must play a much smarter, more confidently aggressive game. The blitz has to be a bit more selective. Too many times last year the defense overran plays and left gaping holes in the secondary- Henry's first half romp, Howard's catches, etc. And Huegel's kickoffs are a bit of a concern. Don't think he reached the end zone this past week and it almost cost the Tigers.

Otherwise, Tigers are terrific. Defensive line rendered the backers and secondary almost invisible. Boulware and Joseph rarely mentioned. Seemed like the d-line was in OU's backfield the entire game. Very impressive. And the running game came alive in the second half- a hallmark of last year's offense. Passing game with DW4 and company was great. O-line was very good. I like our coaching- smart and experienced. I feel more confident this time around. The elephant will be rolling into a Tiger den, making for a nice New Year's kitty meal!

Some on ESPN ? if the NCAA will allow

Jan 3, 2017, 5:26 AM

Seems the New OC was on staff as a non on field contact coach
like 2 of the Tiger's
But we all know it just gives a few something to talk about
NCAA rule looks like this to most ________
Like this to SEC Teams either ^ or ~
Like this to Bama O

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 5,432
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic