Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables worried about depth in secondary, says even veterans still need coaching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables worried about depth in secondary, says even veterans still need coaching

Mar 5, 2018, 7:40 AM

Venables worried about depth in secondary, says even veterans still need coaching

Brent Venables’ defense heading into the 2018 season is stacked, but that doesn’t mean he’s satisfied. The three defensive linemen who decided to return? That’s great, but all three still need coaching Welcome to the world of Clemson’s defensive coordinator.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables worried about depth in secondary, says even veterans still need coaching

Mar 5, 2018, 8:35 AM

This is a concern. Our lack of depth at corner is pretty woeful. McMichael and Goodrich need to hit the ground running this summer.

Re: New Story: Venables worried about depth in secondary, says even veterans still need coaching

Mar 5, 2018, 8:36 AM

We will be fine. Mullen, fields and Terrell are gonna be a hell of a top 3

Mar 5, 2018, 10:23 AM

Right now they're the only 3 that have played a college game...so, while your statement is true it's also misleading.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was his post misleading?

Mar 5, 2018, 10:41 AM

He said we will have 3 #### good corners.

Pretty sure you are the one who paraphrased it to be "we have a bunch of corners with in-game experience"

He was simply reminding everyone that hey, depsite a lack of proven and experienced depth let's not forget our "big 3" may just be three of the best corners in the league.

I think that's a pretty good starting point.

Let's be honest, this is just Venables being Venables. Looking for any and every edge to light a fire under our guys.

Re: How was his post misleading?

Mar 5, 2018, 8:22 PM

We are going to be just fine on D, and I think our O will be better this year, too, no matter who the QB is because of quality talent and depth that we now have. JMO, but it is time for our OL to show out. If they do that, this team is going to be fun to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables worried about depth in secondary, says even veterans still need coaching ]

We will find enough depth to get by

Mar 5, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables worried about depth in secondary, says even veterans still need coaching ]

I went to youth day with my son and watched first hand. Depth is definitely a concern. Trayvon was not there Saturday as far as I could tell, hope all is O.K. with him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2018, 8:40 AM

Ahhh who even needs a secondary when you got a super motivated d line full of superstars. Hopefully they can cover for about 3 or 4 seconds lol.

Mar 5, 2018, 8:50 AM

For real. It should be so sweet to see. Our linebackers are going to be awesome too.

I am not as sld on our LB's being awesome as you are.

Mar 5, 2018, 9:31 AM

Tre needs to stay healthy obviously, but I on't see potentialy awesome aside from him. I see solid. I think the rest of the D will be awesome though. I think the D will be awesome as a unit though.

Re: I am not as sld on our LB's being awesome as you are.

Mar 5, 2018, 9:42 AM

Kendall Joseph is a stud. Lets say really good for right now then. It will be interesting to see if O'daniel's production can be replaced

I think Joseph is little overrated. JMO

Mar 5, 2018, 9:50 AM

Just being honest. He is bviously good, but not a stud. JMO. Our DL is filled with studs. Our secondary has stud starters. I see Tre as a possible/more than likely a stud at LB, and the group solid as a whole, but I am not as impressed as some with our LB's. I think we're very solid. I think we can take LB recruiting to another level. I am obviously getting spoiled.

Re: I think Joseph is little overrated. JMO

Mar 5, 2018, 10:14 AM

I think people are so into the big guy who can run fast(measurable) more so than the undersized player that makes a lot of plays and that is Joseph. He was 2nd on the team the last 2 years in tackles behind Boulware ('16) and O'daniel last year. His production is that of a stud IMO. He just doesn't have all the measurable everybody gets caught up in these days

He is very solid and a grinder.

Mar 5, 2018, 11:03 AM

I don't think he would start for Bama though. He is tough as nails though and maxes out what he does he have. He is good.

If you think Kj is overrated, then you know absolutely nothing

Mar 5, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I think Joseph is little overrated. JMO ]

About defense. Nothing.

The dude is the probably the most important part of our entire defensive unit.

He's our coach on defense. Period. We have got to have him to execute at the level we all desire this year.

Good effort bud. I know it well and that's my opinion.

Mar 5, 2018, 10:59 AM

Get your panties out of a wad. I think he is good but overrated by many of our fans. You being one of those apparently.

Nope, rated exactly where he should be and deserves to be***

Mar 5, 2018, 11:03 AM

Nm

That's cool. I think he is good and solid.

Mar 5, 2018, 11:07 AM

You think he is an absolute stud. I think some of our fans like you overrate him. I would like to see us take LB recruiting up another notch. I think we can do that and will.

Re: I am not as sld on our LB's being awesome as you are.

Mar 5, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I am not as sld on our LB's being awesome as you are. ]

I was being a bit hyperbolic for sure but I think you raise a good point I didn’t think about with LB’s.

We really need Shaq Smith to come on strong with a S Anthony type of year. I always had high hopes for that kid with size and speed.

LBs and CBs gotta stay healthy this year!

Mar 5, 2018, 9:26 AM

This is what I'd expect from BV, poormouthing, I think Coach Ford used to call it.

Mar 5, 2018, 10:12 AM

this is true, it does seem to be the way BV handles the players during preseason.

I remember one year he had me thinking our D wouldnt stop a JV team, then all they did was turn out to be top 5 D for the year.

Seems our depth at cb is fine IF we stay healthy.

Mar 5, 2018, 9:28 AM

Easier said than done.

I think we'll be fine

Mar 5, 2018, 9:40 AM

What I saw last season In Mullen and Terrell, was two guys that are future stars. Both had moments where they shined. With Fields back and 2 athletic young guys coming in we'll be fine. The front 4 will provide more room for error than most youngsters in the secondary get. We've got a couple of guys that can slide over to corner if needed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OH NO, WE SUCK AGAIN!

Mar 5, 2018, 10:33 AM

BV is a trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats what i live about BV. Always there when optimism is at

Mar 5, 2018, 10:58 AM

at all time high to remind the players and fans that we are no where near ready to take the field for the National Title game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jalen Williams over Isaiah Simmons

Mar 5, 2018, 6:05 PM

Interesting. The pre-season mind games ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2018, 7:21 PM

I think that BV was saying about the DB shortage is, but I will have them ready by game day!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lez be onest

Mar 5, 2018, 10:58 PM

BVjr is starting at LB and might play db and will be acc rookie of the year I mean have you seen his dad a 300 lbs man needs to keep him off the side line because if he didn't he be out there making tackles his self

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic