Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers swat Jackets to set up top five showdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,616

New Story: Tigers swat Jackets to set up top five showdown

Sep 22, 2016, 10:48 PM

Tigers swat Jackets to set up top five showdown

Welcome to Clemson College GameDay. Clemson’s defense throttled Georgia Tech’s option offense for most of four quarters and the offense did just enough as No. 5 Clemson defeated Tech 26-7 in front of 53,932 fans at Bobby Dodd Stadium late Thursday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers swat Jackets to set up top five showdown

Sep 22, 2016, 10:53 PM

:) :) :)

Sep 22, 2016, 11:08 PM

Two things I learn from this game

1 I hate jessi Palmer he does nothing but rant against Clemson and that's all he's been doing since he came up with the word "clemsoning"

2 The refs sucked they miss way to many holdings chop blocks and pass interference

I'm glad we did excellence on defense happy to see our offense is improving and can't wait to play against Louisville it's going to be a good one. Go Tigers!!!

The call on Van was horrible

Sep 22, 2016, 11:41 PM

That was about as beautiful as you'll ever see coverage-wise. I thought he made an outstanding, VERY well timed play. I think the call on Jadar Johnson was a bad one too.

I was UBER impressed by our guys staying on their feet, anticipating the cut block, shedding and then breaking on the ball. Especially with so many new starters and inexperienced backups. I don't think you can do any better a job than our D did tonight. Venables has written and coached the blue print defending PJ's option. Dorian O'Daniel put on a clinic out there!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The call on Van was horrible

Sep 23, 2016, 9:10 AM

That was a great play even tho it was "ONLY" just a split second early that got called, and GT defenders was all over our receivers all night with Palmer stating how great the timing was by the GT defender, and what a great non call it was. Just plan atrocious refereeing aimed at our secondary, but GT defenders were allowed to interfere with our receivers from the snap to the whistle!!! By the end of the 3d qtr, I was thinking that the refs had been promised a 5 star meal and choice hookers for calling a pro GT game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2016, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers swat Jackets to set up top five showdown ]

But Jessi was the Bachelor and had the faux hawk hair style! That must count for something?

Sep 23, 2016, 6:52 AM

He makes me nauseous.

Re: What in the #### is wrong

Sep 22, 2016, 11:34 PM

with the offensive line. What was suppose to be a mean and nasty group of men has only shown to be group of young girls with a texting problem so far. Have not seen any consistent push at all. The only push has been every defensive line ( except s.c.state which is one notch above high school ) pushing this offensive line backwards. As far as pass protection is concerned it has been very sub par. They are so slow footed they look like they are playing in high heels. Georgia Tech had a very light defensive line and was able to man handle our line. If any of these lineman don't have the fire or heart then replace them with ones that do. If desire, attitude or heart doesn't change then they will be embarrassed and exposed next week.

Who were these referees?!?!

Sep 22, 2016, 11:37 PM

There were plenty of lopsided calls out there ... Especially pass interference calls for Tech, no calls for Clemson. Unfortunately, I'm getting used to those.

However, the forward pass by Deshaun that was called a lateral and fumble by us (and then correctly reversed as an incomplete pass) ... had a counterpart play where their quarterback threw a pass backwards a yard (lateral), the receiver dropped it (fumble) and our player picked the ball up. It should have given us the ball and a first and ten around the seven yard line, but the play was not even reviewed ... Why not???

I understand that referees make mistakes and that's part of the game, but we certainly seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to 'questionable' calls ...

Not only was it not reviewed

Sep 22, 2016, 11:45 PM

but it wasnwhiatled dead right after pur player picked it up. He took it into the EZ ( i think) or just short. the play should have stayed live and then review for confirmation. That should have been 6 and at the very least CU ball 1st Down

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why it wasn't reviewed

Sep 23, 2016, 7:21 AM

Once the play was whistled dead they couldn't review it. Refs should have let the play continue but they botched it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2016, 11:40 PM

Looks like an 11-2 team. Proud of the D. Ray Ray played great, glad to see Leggett get out of the dog house. Watson not sharp in second half. Pressure? Expectations? Lack of focus? Something is not quite right.

Sep 22, 2016, 11:44 PM

In person looked like questionable calls to me. But defense "helped" with offsides several times on 1st &10. I have left Grant Field many times with an L. I like the W. 4-0! Go go go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2016, 5:41 AM

So after the first drive, i confirmed my suspicions of sometimes, the coaches are smarter than us fans. They look at the schede, just like we do and are not showing all cards. I'm not saying this as an excuse,, because if we just caught the ball and blocked and taced we should have killed Troy,, but mentally, going from owing Boomer Sooner and the.n on the door steps of a Natty, is a. serious mental adjustment. Especially, when you (one game at a time) you are going to win. At GT, we rplaued 1st half . Next week, Louisville will see the for real Tigers for 4 Quarters, Lamar will make some plays, but throw 2 picks.. Early prediction, Togers 38 - 34

Sep 23, 2016, 9:39 AM

Oh yes, I said after seeing the play calling at the start of the 3d qtr, that the play calling had went to very vanilla. Totally very different than when Tony wanted us to get an early lead on GT in our first few possessions. After we went up by 20, the offense looked sluggish, flat, and just not aggressive at all!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,616
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic