Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers say "Never Again" provided plenty of motivation in rivalry game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers say "Never Again" provided plenty of motivation in rivalry game

Nov 26, 2017, 10:19 AM

Tigers say "Never Again" provided plenty of motivation in rivalry game

Last season’s Palmetto Bowl resulted in South Carolina being handed a 56-7 loss by Clemson, the school’s worst defeat in the rivalry since 1900. The Gamecocks’ motto became “never again” in reference to the team’s rally cry to never be pushed around or embarrassed like that again. That motto provided motivation for the Tigers instead of the Gamecocks Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They got what they asked for.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:35 AM

I can't believe there were some on this board who said our players don't think about the things the coot players have said. Check my post history if you like but I've said many times that the gamecocks' post game comments from last year and things they have said in the offseason would insure that they would have the full attention of a superior Clemson team. That was a decisive win last night and it showed the separation in talent once again. The gap doesn't seem like it is going to close any time soon either. Muschamp and the leadership down there show no signs of being able to mentally prepare their team to face a team that is much more talented than them either. I am looking forward to #5. It's difficult to know for sure but this was supposed to be our down year and possibly their best chance to pull out a win before the talent we have accumulated develops. Gamecock leadership, recruiting and player development is nowhere near our level right now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers say "Never Again" provided plenty of motivation in rivalry game

Nov 26, 2017, 10:40 AM

Love the fact that Renfrow is already talking about doing it to them again next year in the Valley. That will be his last game in Death Valley. If you think he went off on them last night just wait....

Re: New Story: Tigers say "Never Again" provided plenty of motivation in rivalry game

Nov 26, 2017, 11:16 AM

I would have liked to see another absolute blowout like last year in the score, maybe like 70 to 10, but I am loving life with last night's score. We were able to rest starters and and prevent any injuries and get ready for Miami. Their fanbase, especially the student section were absolutely classless in their actions during the game. Their is no excuse for throwing water bottles and other trash at the opposing team. This is becoming common place with teams throughout the College ranks. The NCAA needs to step in and put an end to this before someone gets hurt. Hefty fines and or sanctions against teams wold probably help, but in USC's case, it exemplifies the type of trash they have as fans. It all leads to the fact that they lead by example, and their leadership is poor to say the least. It starts with their administration all the way down to the Coaching Staff. I can't wait to hear their mantra for next year at Clemson. We won big despite the side show and distractions and now we have to get ready for Miami. GO TIGERS!!!

They played their little fight song all week and then partie

Nov 26, 2017, 11:18 AM

d to it after they won LOL Priceless

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a little surprised that they admit

Nov 26, 2017, 11:21 AM

we have relaxed on offense after being up 14 in previous games. This absolutely has to stop. 14 points in college football is something a team can cover in 62 seconds given the right circumstances. (not the coots, mind you)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 26, 2017, 11:21 AM

Forever Again!!!

Nov 26, 2017, 11:27 AM

“Never again” lol more like deja vu.

Never Say Never

Nov 26, 2017, 12:54 PM

Lesson to the barnyard fowls. Never say never. But they'll likely do it again next year too cause they just don't learn.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never Say Never

Nov 26, 2017, 12:54 PM

Lesson to the barnyard fowls. Never say never. But they'll likely do it again next year too cause they just don't learn.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they played this on their scoreboard right before kickoff

Nov 26, 2017, 12:56 PM

https://twitter.com/BarstoolUofSC/status/934165310076346370

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they played this on their scoreboard right before kickoff

Nov 26, 2017, 1:51 PM

Well I guess you gotta try....

Didn’t last very long for them.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive