Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Zion Williamson Show: Elite talent breaks down Clemson, recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: The Zion Williamson Show: Elite talent breaks down Clemson, recruitment

Jan 25, 2017, 8:01 AM

The Zion Williamson Show: Elite talent breaks down Clemson, recruitment

Hundreds of people wanting to get a glimpse of 5-star 2018 prospect Zion Williamson were turned away the door two hours before the game started, and Greenville County deputies had to tell others that tried to sneak their way into the Shannon Forest gymnasium to disperse and go home. In other words, it was just another night for Zion Williamson. (Photo by Gwinn Davis / Media) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Zion Williamson Show: Elite talent breaks down Clemson, recruitment

Jan 25, 2017, 8:35 AM

Still say we don't have a chance if we aren't in the NCAA tourney again which looks likely. Maybe if Brad is let go, Steve Smith could be retained by the new coach. That might help us a lot if the new coach is a proven winner.

not sure what it would take, but we need to do anything and

Jan 25, 2017, 8:42 AM

everything inside of the rules (even pushing the rules to the limit) to get this kid. I dont know if its to hire an additional administrative coach that can go to every game this kid plays in, be there to carry his books for him or whatever. This could be a Spiller or James Davis like player that could help tear down the recruiting walls and change the program. You get a player like this, others will want to come to play with him.

It will probably be like Ben Simmons and LSU.

Jan 25, 2017, 8:52 AM

LSU had a good small recruiting class for the 1 year Ben Simmons played. The following year their recruiting was weak again. That said, I still hope we land this kid. We need anything and everything we can get. Maybe he would somehow change things.

Re: not sure what it would take, but we need to do anything and

Jan 25, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to not sure what it would take, but we need to do anything and ]

I agree but I think Brownell needs to go and we need a coach who, like Dabo and his assistants, can encourage someone with talent to come to Clemson. Like Dabo did with Watkins and Tajh Boyd, who helped turn that program around. Brownell has proven that he can't do that. He lack the energy and excitement that we need. And if UNC will ever get the probation it so rightly deserves, perhaps that will deter kids like this one, from going there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will he ever play a team that is willing to play defense on

Jan 25, 2017, 8:43 AM

him? All these dudes are too little and just get out of his way. I don't blame them, I just would liek to see him challenged. I still think he's good enough to beat them but i'd just like to see it for my own selfishness.

He does the same thing vs anyone

Jan 25, 2017, 10:09 AM

He plays against the best in the country in the summer leagues and his team has traveled to play in tournaments where he has done the same thing. His highlights are usually just his dunks but the kid has a great first step, can face up, play defense, pass, and has a great mid range and long distance jumper. We live in Spartanburg and have watched him prior to this year and hes just now taking off w/his frame and the baby fat has fell off and he has become a grown man at just 16. Elite.

Is he playing middle schoolers?

Jan 25, 2017, 9:44 AM

Those kids are tiny

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Is he playing middle schoolers?

Jan 25, 2017, 10:03 AM

I know he is good, but that sure wasn't much competition.

Re: New Story: The Zion Williamson Show: Elite talent breaks down Clemson, recruitment

Jan 25, 2017, 10:18 AM

Why would we have a chance. We already let the # 1 state & #2 national kid jalek felton from mullens go to uncheat next year. They'll probably get this kid too. We got tons of talent over the years go out of state.

Maybe with the expanded acc we can eventually get some of this talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has VCU offered? Has he met Will Wade?

Jan 25, 2017, 10:50 AM

I hope Brownell turns it around, but it's not looking great at this point. I'd hate for this kid to chose anything that ends in Carolina just because we were in the middle of a coaching change. However if he had a good relationship with whoever our next coach would be then maybe that would not impact things too much. I asked the VCU/Wade question in jest as I would think he would be a top candidate should Brownell be gone at some point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2017, 11:40 AM

I'm sure if we pulled a miracle he'll be a lot better than that 5* Milton Jennings we had...SMH, boy the excitement with him coming in to play with Booker was to no avail. Zion is def a 1 and done tho, he'll want to play with other talent for that one year to make a run at the Final Four.

does anybody know....

Jan 25, 2017, 1:40 PM

I remember Leander, his father, when he played for the Tigers, and we were pretty good back then....but I am thinking that Leander was the brother of Willie Anderson, one of our star defensive players....my question is this, is this kid Willie Anderson's nephew? Willie Anderson was a great football player for us, Leander did play, but not too much from what I remember

Jan 25, 2017, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Zion Williamson Show: Elite talent breaks down Clemson, recruitment ]

With his offer list, he has a great chance of getting on a team appearing in the final four. Can't see him making a different decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

I have a feeling, this is Brice Johnson all over again.***

Jan 25, 2017, 5:34 PM

Re: I have a feeling, this is Brice Johnson all over again.***

Jan 25, 2017, 6:04 PM

Guys don't get excited.

ZW can say anything to guy wearing a Tiger shirt writing for a Clemson website, but it is a pretty well-known fact around bball recruiting and AAU folks that he is going to Duke or UNC.

Most think he is already a verbal to Duke pending who comes back over the next 2 years. In other words, if Jason Tatum or Kevin Knox (lean) or 5 star commits Wendell Carter or Gary Trent all stayed at Duke beyond the 2017 -2018 season then ZW might go to UNC. One guy, I know who covers Duke for a paper in the area said it is 99% certain, ZW will be in Durham come fall of 2018

South Carolina and Clemson honestly are not even in the picture.

Re: I have a feeling, this is Brice Johnson all over again.***

Jan 25, 2017, 6:09 PM

And the article has one MAJOR error.

Lee Anderson is his stepfather I believe , not his father.

ZW's father is Lateef Williamson who Was a high school football All-American offensive linemen from Darlington. His dad chose NC State over Penn St and Carolina but never attended NC State.

His mother ran track at Livingstone College in North Carolina.

The article has misidentified his father on countless occasions.

LOL! Clemson coaches need to have you on the payroll.***

Jan 25, 2017, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a feeling, this is Brice Johnson all over again.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does he play football?

Jan 25, 2017, 6:18 PM

If no, upstate fans need to enjoy his talents before he takes them to South Beach, or Duke or UNC or wherever he wants. Good luck ZW!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can he shoot from the outside or just dunk?

Jan 26, 2017, 12:30 AM

I saw nothing but dunks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic