Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Plan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: The Plan

Aug 1, 2015, 10:44 AM

The Plan

Chad Morris’ departure for SMU last December didn’t catch Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney off guard, and Swinney didn’t have to look far and wide for a replacement. He had a plan. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the plan for Brent?

Aug 1, 2015, 11:09 AM

He could easily take a HC job next year. He could have last year too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the plan for Brent?

Aug 1, 2015, 11:21 AM

I don't think BV aspires to be a hc. I see him at Clemson at least until we win a national championship.

Aug 1, 2015, 9:38 PM

Wasn't BV at Oklahoma when they won the NC in 2000 and 2003, and wasn't he still there years after until he came to Clemson in 2012??? I'm thinking he will be at Clemson for a long time unless the whole staff gets fired!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2015, 11:23 AM [ in reply to What's the plan for Brent? ]

If you have listen to what BV has said a number of times, that he is a loyal type of guy that is happy where He's at right now, He's not interested in a HC job right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Dabo doesn't hire a brother or sister to be CO-DC.

Aug 1, 2015, 11:28 AM

That's a joke and stab at the moran at Okey who insulted BV. I'm so glad You can't spell stoopid without STOOPS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps there's a reason he hasn't been on anyone short list

Aug 1, 2015, 11:25 AM [ in reply to What's the plan for Brent? ]

My guess is that many have called but he's refuse to interview. My belief's support is that no University would publicly admit that they'd been snubbed by a coordinator. They interview only those who are interested in coaching for them or are pulling a Tommy Bowden, just wanting a raise and contract extension.

As far as Dabo's plan, I'm certain he's considering the day but probably isn't as concerned with BV leaving and CM. With what I presume to be the process I'm satisfied Dabo was fed up with CM's interviewing and throwing a monkey wrench in every recruiting class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe BV replaces Snyder at KState

Aug 1, 2015, 11:37 AM

Alum and tight with Snyder. Perfect fit and I'd like his chances there

if it's up to coach snyder

Aug 1, 2015, 11:40 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13303350/bill-snyder-kansas-state-once-retired-wants-son-sean-take-over

his son will take over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2015, 11:34 AM [ in reply to What's the plan for Brent? ]

I think he is gone in 1-3 years when a good HC position (for him) comes open. He, like Chad, has the luxury (money, exposure, etc.) to wait for the right opportunity. I would think his first choice would be back toward Big 12 or SEC. Iowa? Kansas? Kansas State? Outside chance at Oklahoma in couple of years if things go south there.

He has not indicated any interest in pro ball, but I could see some teams having interest in him possibly as linebackers coach, outside chance at coordinator.

When Brent leaves we promote Reed.

Keep his son on campus until 2022***

Aug 1, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to What's the plan for Brent? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Aug 1, 2015, 12:29 PM [ in reply to What's the plan for Brent? ]

I would guess that Reed or Hobby would be considered for the job?

I wonder if Kirkland or one of the LBs on the current football staff would get to coach LBs?

#44 is arizona bound for a couple years...

Aug 1, 2015, 12:53 PM

bidwell fellowship

it would be great to see him back on the sidelines in DV after this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hobby was the DC at Duke before he came here***

Aug 1, 2015, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: What's the plan for Brent? ]

Aug 1, 2015, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: What's the plan for Brent? ]

To think BV doesn't aspire to be a head coach is pretty asinine considering he interviewed not once, but twice for the job that Dabo Swinney holds right now. He wants to be a head coach, as most coaches do, he's just not gonna jump at just any opportunity. He'll get his shot and it'll be sooner rather than later. I'd be very happy if we had him past 2016 or 2017. One thing in Clemson's favor is the trend right now is to go after the offensive minded guys. You aren't seeing a whole lot of defensive minded guys getting head jobs at the moment. He will be a head coach. It's just a matter of when, not if.

Re: New Story: The Plan

Aug 1, 2015, 11:19 AM

They maybe HC one day, but I hope that one day comes after I've moved on and watching my Orange Angels ?? team defeat the Slurrier Red Devils ??. That should be the best game I will ever witness.

I'm glad the Plan is in place and worked very well against

Aug 1, 2015, 11:22 AM

Oklahoma. I can't wait to see our offense this year. I believe our in game adjustments will be better and the play selection will be unpredictable. I think they will develop plays for certain games to take advantage of mismatches. I'm not sure but I think with the QB and skill position players we have it would be hard to mess it up.

I love the fact Tony and Jeff have played and worked together for years it will pay off dividends for our offensive production this year. It leaves teams guessing about what we may do. I think that may be an advantage that will help us in our big games this year.

Two heads are better than one. We will see in just a few weeks. I can't wait to see the Tigers storming down the hill in Death Valley!!

Spot the ball, go Tigers!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I'm glad the Plan is in place and worked very well against

Aug 1, 2015, 12:32 PM

It was just one game. A stellar debut but the test will come over a season or seasons- seeing how they adjust and work together. Oh I think they will be fine but one game, even a smash hit, is a pretty small sample size

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just glad the one game wasn't a complete disaster!

Aug 1, 2015, 12:50 PM

Keep building....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two things were obvious in the 40-6 game.

Aug 1, 2015, 11:34 AM

OU hadn't played against a good defense all year. Chad's replacements were real offensive coordinators who could tailor an offense to get the most out of it while The Chad was limited by his experience and ability. He just couldn't adjust to adjust to the talent he had. That's nice that I say 'limited by experience,' and not obstinate with his philosophy.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: Two things were obvious in the 40-6 game.

Aug 1, 2015, 11:48 AM

One more thing it was obvious that Streeter had confidence in Stoudt. And he recognized and capatalized on his abilities something Chad never did.

Re: Two things were obvious in the 40-6 game.

Aug 1, 2015, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Two things were obvious in the 40-6 game. ]

Morris equals Gus Malzahn offense, just not run as well bc, Gus can and will adapt and get the most from his players.

I love how he threw "loyal" in there.

Aug 1, 2015, 12:56 PM

I don't think it was a shot at anyone, but I like what I heard.

A note about Brent

Aug 1, 2015, 1:10 PM

At Dabos youth camp in June I had the pleasure of speaking with another random parent. He had spent an hour with coach V just chatting it up. When I asked him later about the conversation he said Brent just was telling him how much he loved Clemson. Also His son got an offer from Dabo this summer....class of 2018.... So maybe he will be around for years to come!

He had a plan? I always figured Dabo woke up one day and

Aug 1, 2015, 2:29 PM

read about Chad's departure right here on T-Net!

Sirriusly, head coaches at this level rarely get caught by surprise, and always have multiple contingency plans in place. I'm sure this is true for Dabo. If he reads T-net, he should also be aware that Brent Venebles is probably going to be a head coach somewhere next season, or the next. It's entirely possible that he has a plan in place there too. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He had a plan? I always figured Dabo woke up one day and

Aug 1, 2015, 4:42 PM

0 concerns about BV going some where by next year!!!

Remember when RichRod left?

Aug 1, 2015, 9:55 PM

I think we will be fine on offense. But I don't have this idea that seems to be common that Chad Morris leaving somehow makes us a better team. I just don't see it.

Re: Remember when RichRod left?

Aug 1, 2015, 10:15 PM

You don't have to see to believe; however, just keep an objective mind and see if you don't just get a better feeling when we run plays from under center inside the 8 yard line. ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^AMEN THAT BROTHER!!!!^^^^^^^^***

Aug 1, 2015, 11:48 PM

Aug 2, 2015, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Remember when RichRod left? ]

That's a good point, and I hope we are successful. I recently went back and watched most of the bowl game against Oklahoma. While I really enjoyed watching a repeat of that thrashing, we still didn't run the ball worth a hoot. With that in mind, it may be Coach Caldwell who has more impact on the production of our offense than the offensive coordinators.

Aug 3, 2015, 5:15 AM

...and Caldwell's job looks to be getting dramatically easier for the next few years. We have been living with a cobbled together offensive line for a long time.

Given the recent recruiting success and (hopefully) an end to three horrific bad luck with career ending injuries, we are loaded with talent at the moment.

... and that seems to breed on itself. Talent draws more talent better than anything but winning and it looks like we will be doing a bunch of that, too.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic