Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spring battles: Who takes over at left guard and right tackle?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,075

New Story: Spring battles: Who takes over at left guard and right tackle?

Feb 26, 2016, 6:41 AM

Spring battles: Who takes over at left guard and right tackle?

At the skill positions – quarterback, running back, wide receiver and tight end – Clemson is set for 2016 as the Tigers bring back all but one starter. However, there will be a couple of openings in the Beard Gang. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is there a chance that we move a d lineman?

Feb 26, 2016, 7:49 AM

To add depth?

Highly doubt that

Feb 26, 2016, 8:38 AM

All of our DTs are either upper classmen or highly rated freshmen/sophomores. I would be shocked if any moved to the other side. We've got plenty of depth over there. A solid 2 deep of Hyatt, Hearn, jay, crowded, Jake.. Green, Morris, Giella, Falcinelli, and Pollard. If Hyatt was to go down, Jake could play LT and Green could go right. Pollard is nasty and he should see the field soon.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Highly doubt that

Feb 26, 2016, 8:57 AM

Still could see it with Cervanka because he's such a physical mutant - the guy is just astoundingly strong - and you wanna get him on the field SOMEWHERE. If he can't crack the 2-deep at DT, he almost assuredly could at OL.

Re: is there a chance that we move a d lineman?

Feb 26, 2016, 8:49 AM [ in reply to is there a chance that we move a d lineman? ]

Probably not. We don't need to do that. That's 12 offensive linemen on the current roster that have PLAYED OL. The only reason to try to convert a DL (I.e. Cervenka) is if he isn't cutting it on the DL. Will be a position to watch in the spring for sure.

Hyatt
Fruhmorgen
Guillermo
Crowder
Morris
Hearns
Falcinelli
Pollard
Archerum
Giella
Green
Tisch

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing for sure

Feb 26, 2016, 10:48 AM

Definitely recruited guys with names that sound like awesome linemen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: One thing for sure

Feb 26, 2016, 9:24 PM

Don't forget about Simpson

Re: is there a chance that we move a d lineman?

Feb 26, 2016, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: is there a chance that we move a d lineman? ]

Don't forget about Simpson

Biggest ? to is who's the 3rd tackle?

Feb 26, 2016, 8:50 AM

Hearn played some tackle last season, but I'd like to see him lockdown the left guard spot. Maybe Morris is athletic enough to swing at the tackle spot too. Here's a scary thought: we will return 4 starters off the Oline in 2017. The 2017 team looks nasty on both sides of the football.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,075
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic