Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Playoff football: Tigers will break out the orange britches against FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Playoff football: Tigers will break out the orange britches against FSU

Nov 8, 2017, 7:59 AM

Playoff football: Tigers will break out the orange britches against FSU

The last time Clemson wore the orange pants in a football game, we saw Hunter Renfrow gather in a pass from Deshaun Watson and fall into Clemson history with the school’s second football National Championship. They will break out the orange britches again Saturday against Florida St. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was at the 1st orange britches game. Left of the hill under

Nov 8, 2017, 8:05 AM

the oak that isn't there anymore. The place went crazy when they ran down the hill. Had a perfect angle on Willie Underwood's 1st pick 6. What an awesome memory.

I had just made my first chrome post on T'net the week before....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was at the 1st orange britches game. Left of the hill under

Nov 8, 2017, 8:19 AM

Won't make the game this year bur my son and his wife will. I will be, sitting my grandson with my wife, both Tiger grads from mid 70s. And our grand will be in orange pants. Solid Orange.??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Was at the 1st orange britches game. Left of the hill under ]

I was there! Loud and proud in the student section. This game really kicked off our championship run.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Was at the 1st orange britches game. Left of the hill under ]

Willie Underwood....Ft Payne Alabama, was my favorite player and we as tigers continue to owe him a debt of gratitude.....

Thanks for the history lesson!

Nov 8, 2017, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Was at the 1st orange britches game. Left of the hill under ]

That's outstanding! To know TNet and Chrome both pre-dated the internet! :) Haha, Al Gore...you did what? Didn't think so! Well done, Royalty!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was on the hill for that one, too. I had seen warm ups,

Nov 8, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Was at the 1st orange britches game. Left of the hill under ]

and when the team came out for the game, I thought something looked different. And the legend began!!

That year, USC had a bumper sticker that read, "Carolina plays with a loaded .38!" referencing George Rogers. After the game, I told people that Carolina may play with a loaded .38 but our 20-gauge (Willie's number) is the big gun on the field!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Was at the 1st orange britches game. Left of the hill under ]

We were close! I was on the Hill near middle

Excellent!

Nov 8, 2017, 8:42 AM

I was a tad concerned we might not look at this game as being this big. But FSU is still full of 5 star recruits and capable of playing at a high level. This shows how seriously the team is taking this game.

Re: New Story: Playoff football: Tigers will break out the orange britches against FSU

Nov 8, 2017, 9:12 AM

Kelly should come out for pregame warmup with about 8 towels tucked in all around his pants.

Re: New Story: Playoff football: Tigers will break out the orange britches against FSU

Nov 8, 2017, 9:56 AM

Won't need towels . High temp Saturday is 61, unless forecast changed. GO TIGERS!!!

Coaches, KB please target Renfrow in Red Zone, not one td

Nov 8, 2017, 11:11 AM

this year. Not fair to a player who has hustled so hard for us...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, 1980 original Orange Britches game, the game that saved

Nov 8, 2017, 11:20 AM

Danny's job. I literally believe this. There was a WHOLE lot of discontent and talk of getting rid of him prior to that game, due to the way the season had gone. Of course no one will own up to it now, but it was there. We all know what happened the next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasas there too

Nov 8, 2017, 1:21 PM

Relegated to the upper deck as a freshman but I’m sure they could hear me on the field ??. Will never forget when they came down the hill in all orange!!!

I am one of the lucky few to own a pair of game worn orange britches

Nov 8, 2017, 8:54 PM

Courtesy of Mr. Thomas Austin. He was kind enough to sign and send them to me. One of the best items in my collection along with a pair of cleats that belonged to Germone Hopper.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shall I draft our condolence letter to FSU now?***

Nov 8, 2017, 9:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shall I draft our condolence letter to FSU now?***

Nov 9, 2017, 7:04 AM

Not yet!! I’m with Dabo. The season is going by way too fast. Want to enjoy and appreciate every moment of another fantastic Saturday at Death Valley!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic